Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #425
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This was the line regarding what was tweaked with trades in the patch, right?

Quote:
General – Tuning to trade logic, specifically how the CPU traded with other CPU teams in Franchise and Season modes.
So trade block was fine before the patch and something happened in this tuning to mess it up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #426
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
This was the line regarding what was tweaked with trades in the patch, right? So trade block was fine before the patch and something happened in this tuning to mess it up?
Right. That seems to be the only line in the notes regarding them having addressed trading.

I haven't really tested this much myself, but it seems to me like a few new problems have been introduced. Teams seem to be only trading players from the trading block, and only actually making trades to fill roster spots due to injury; basically they are ignoring their team strategy.

Also, frequency is far too low. If we reference players that have instant trades set to off (this would be most of us), he had sims where he could count the total number of trades on two hands.

This number increases with instant trades turned on meaning that the CPU is also "rejecting" too many proposed trades on top of it.

Essentially, the entire thing seems broken now. Hopefully tbarnes19 will pop in here and go into further detail. He's much more eloquent and much more observant than me.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #427
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4

This is in regards to Hot and Cold Zones ..... Being unable to see them , especially in Quick counts.

I think a quick fix would be adding it to the pitch preview ( I think it's pitch preview), anyway ... holding r2 would give you the hot and cold zones , as well as what we already see... what pitch was thrown and where, and if we were early, late, or good with our swing. I use quick counts, and I wish you can see the hot/cold zones without permanently leaving them on.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #428
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I'm playing a Franchise with the Astros that I transferred from MLB14.

On 14, I played the entire 2014 season and the 2015 Spring. I started the 2015 season on MLB15.

Just stating all of that in case it is important.

I'm sad to report that post-patch all of the following are still true:

1. The home teams pitching staff ("Big Arms") is always the topic of discussion during pregame.

2. Every game is treated like Opening Day.

3. The PA Announcer introduces the home 9 as "Your 2016..." even though it is 2015.

4. The first home run of any game is always treated as though it is that player's first career home run.

All of this really hurts immersion but it isn't the end of the world. Just reporting.

Aside from those every-game annoyances, I'm happy with the patch.
I have a VERY interesting update to these issues. I am currently in the 4th inning of my first game after the draft and it looks like these are resolved. At least some of them and, at least, in this game.

1. The pregame was different. The announcers talked about the previous games in the series (it's the finale of a 4-game series with Baltimore).

2. It was NOT treated like Opening Day.

3. Not sure on this one, I didn't catch it.

4. Chris Davis homered. They did not say it was his first career homer and Matt V. did say it was his 20th of the season (haven't heard him say how many a player has yet on 15).

In addition, I've seen different stats showing up for batters as they come to the plate (ie stats for last X number of games) and there was an overlay/pop up that told me that Carlos Correa hit his 9th double after he did so. I haven't seen this stuff on 15.

Hopefully all of this sticks beyond this game and maybe we all have hope (if it's not patched) to have these annoyances go away after the draft.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:03 PM   #429
MVP

So do we know if the problems with trade frequency and player progression have been acknowledged and are being looked at?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #430
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty Legend 99
To those asking about wind, you can adjust sliders for that, I always up mine on my Astros Franchise.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an effect. I find it strange it doesn't. I wonder if it's a bug or by design? If it's by design then I find that very odd!
Old 04-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #431
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an effect. I find it strange it doesn't. I wonder if it's a bug or by design? If it's by design then I find that very odd!
I've had wind affect the ball in my games. I've seen it knock down balls that I thought for sure were out of the park and had it blow foul balls into the stands when I thought I would catch them.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 07:10 PM   #432
MVP

Interesting.... I will look out for that. I haven't noticed it personally. I've just been going off what other people have said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »