Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #385
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsox11
What does it mean when it says the handling of the batch of players when transferring a year to year save?
I believe players in A weren't carrying over. Never used this myself so someone else would have to chime in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #386
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bunt attempts and mainly successful bunts is still way too high. I don't think it's fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #387
Pro

OVR: 24

Bunting does not appear to be fixed to me, either.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:53 PM   #388
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Re: Bunting, can you guys be a little more specific? Frequency? Success rate?

I feel like I've seen a lot more failed bunt attempts post patch as long as the pitch isn't just thrown down the middle. Many more pop ups, fouls and misses at corner strikes or things off the plate.

I don't think they did anything to the frequency.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #389
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

I feel like I've seen a lot more failed bunt attempts post patch as long as the pitch isn't just thrown down the middle. Many more pop ups, fouls and misses at corner strikes or things off the plate.

I haven't seen a failed bunt yet. Even a pitcher got on base lol. It's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
Very strange. It seems that what was downloaded (and installed) was 'system software 2.51'. That doesn't sound like a game patch to me. No sign of a patch when I go to notifications. I live in Thailand but surely that shouldn't affect my ability to get patches?
Go to open up your The Show game but instead of X press the Options button on your controller. Go down to "INformation" (the last choice I believe). It should say the version number. If it's 1.02, you have the newest patch.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:29 AM   #390
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Frequency of successful bunts for the CPU is way too high. Also, the frequency in which the CPU does the squeeze play is ridiculous so far for me. I have a fairly limited sample size (about 10 games) but in two games in a row now the CPU has attempted a squeeze play late in the game and been successful. And these aren't with bunting types or with tremendous speed at third. Last night I had the CPU bunt successfully 4 times in a row to load the bases and squeeze another in. It's just very unrealistic and almost making me not want to play unfortunately. Great game, but this is something that is making it very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #391
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I haven't seen a failed bunt yet. Even a pitcher got on base lol. It's ridiculous.
Trust me, they happen. Or don't trust me and just watch this:

From earlier in the thread

This one's new. IMO Lamb sac bunting here is an edge case - he's not a particularly good hitter and a go-ahead runner at second in the 9th with one out seems plausible. As you can see, it doesn't go to plan.

I could show many more examples of this, and the common thread is that the bunting miscues are happening on good pitches - on the corners or off the plate. Pitches clearly in the strike zone are the ones getting bunted successfully. That's a point I don't feel should be ignored and lumped into a broad "bunting is too successful" complaint.

@Padrefan: Thanks, that's all I was asking for. As I said, I do feel like the frequency of bunt attempts is still high - IIRC it wasn't mentioned as being addressed in the patch notes, only the success rate. If they patch again I would like them to take a look at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2015, 04:54 AM   #392
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Go to open up your The Show game but instead of X press the Options button on your controller. Go down to "INformation" (the last choice I believe). It should say the version number. If it's 1.02, you have the newest patch.
Turns out I didn't have the patch but I do now and McCutcheon has his haircut. Thanks for your help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »