Home

MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #17
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play

After a few weeks i can say this is a great game of baseball. The graphical improvements alone are incredible. the lighting improvements enhances it even more. I usually get bored with RTTS really quick because i am more of a franchise guy. but i try to play a couple RTTS games each day. the game play itself is very good. i can play this years version the whole year especially if Madden does not add much to their next title.

One thing that bugs me though is the errors. i wish errors were more "user" errors as opposed to the game saying you have to make an error here. example being times when i can move my OF under a ball to make a catch then there is that one time i get just inside the ball icon and the control i have ceases and he makes a lunging move to try to make a catch. On grounders a slow roller toward my first baseman should not all of a sudden accelerate and take a bad hop over his shoulder. Another IF mistake is when i tap to make a throw by no means should it come out the same speed as if i held down the button to rocket it to a base only to over throw it into the crowd or into the dirt. I get it errors like these happen in real life. But these incidents happen every game to me. I avg 2 errors a game in my franchise. Can be frustrating at times.

But so much more positives than negatives in this game.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:36 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
He knows the answers.
Don't feed him.

I noticed he didn't ask about dirty uniforms or dynamic attendance this time.
He must have found out the real answers to those...but it didn't fit for him.

M.K.
Knight165
Please be nice. There is nothing 'troll' about asking about legitimate concerns. My decision to buy is based on whether concerns from '14 were addressed in '15. That is what this community is here for.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
He knows the answers.
Don't feed him.

I noticed he didn't ask about dirty uniforms or dynamic attendance this time.
He must have found out the real answers to those...but it didn't fit for him.

M.K.
Knight165
Normally I don't waste my time trying to explain things to instigators and baiters, but this time I will make an exception. I do not know who the "he" is that you are referring to, or if you are the type who just labels anyone who doesn't say something that you agree with as a troll or "he". Let me say this, though. I am a new member to this community, and I dearly hope that the way you have treated me is not suggestive of the type of community that OS wants to maintain. I will reach out to a moderator to try and resolve this. Take care.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:33 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
The CPU will never try to pick you off and you can try and pick them off as many times as you want, they will always get back to the bag standing up. But the CPU base runners will attempt to steal on you and depending on your base stealing slider settings as well as the skill of the base runners, sometimes they will succeed and sometimes they will fail.
I do wonder if this is a bug or a design decision. Does the development team know anything about this?
Old 04-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

my RTTS player is leading the league in all 3 triple crown categories late in the season

and all it says now is "team leader" and the announcers and the game don't even mention it like in previous years (4th in the league in etc etc...)

franchise does this, but it is completely gone from RTTS this year - i don't like this, other than that the game is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgamer72
I do wonder if this is a bug or a design decision. Does the development team know anything about this?
Most likely done on purpose and yes bug reports concerning the issue have been raised.

As an outsider looking in, it's hard to know exactly how much common code exists between the various modes (in a perfect world it is all common code), and I suspect everything surrounding base leadoffs and pickoffs uses common code between Human vs CPU games, CPU vs CPU games and of course MoM games which is just another CPU vs CPU game. Apparently the base leadoffs and pickoffs were not working very well in Human vs CPU games and it was probably easier to just disable the feature rather than patch it. It is possible the whole code base surrounding this area of the game needs a complete rewrite, something that is just not feasible this late in the development cycle. Hopefully the issue is addressed in next year's game?

Last edited by My993C2; 04-25-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #23
Banned

I did go ahead and buy the game, and while a few animations look to have been fixed, and the graphics are better. I can not help feeling the game (for a franchise player) isn't offering much to the Manager Only Mode 'simulation' type players. It just feels like a slightly prettier PS3 port. Next year I will have to wait and see what has been done in the way of stats and the AI (ie, pickoffs, injuries, player development, commentary, head to head Manager Only Mode, truly customizable camera, crowd truly interacting with the players and the flight of the ball). The game has potential for the sim types.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:14 AM   #24
Banned

I'm loving this year's edition! Franchise is much improved! The radio show is a good edition to the game,but correct me if I'm wrong,but so far the radio show just gives scores and no other information about trades etc etc. At hasn't for me Atleast. The visuals are still beautiful! But I have to say playing the MLB 14 The Show and playing this year's game I can't say there is a huge difference in visuals,the lighting is much improved,and the shadows transitions are beautiful! The presentation is starting get a little old. The start of the games are like last year and the year before,there have been minor tweaks,but nothing mind blowing. The announcing is terrible and repetitive once again,they are still using the same lines the used from the past two editions atleast! I'm getting the feeling the announcing is ever gonna be good! The stadiums look good as ever,although they haven't been completely overhauled like they said,they look a little better but not mind blowing either! I wish they would add new cleats during the season like they do in NBA 2k!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »