Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #361
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I'm trying to wrap my head around the changes to trading. The trade quality itself is really good. The problem seems to be that team strategy seems to mean nothing anymore. Teams like the Phillies and others in rebuild mode don't put players on the trade block or move vets.

I believe that is why trade frequency is reduced. I have tried just about everything to increase trades. The only thing that helps is to increase the injury slider. It doesn't look like teams are trading to improve the ballclub, but only replacing injured players.

The last sim I had there were 0 trades in July. That to me is just not realistic. Here is a shot of the Phillies in July in rebuild mode with their trade block with no one on it. BTW I'm testing with OSFM.

I know some people want fewer trades, but remember the way the system is setup the only way the 40 man roster gets moved around is by trades opening spots for prospects. A few years ago when Strasburg was the highest rated pitcher and in AAA but not on the 40 man, he would sit there until a trade and sometimes stay for a year or two.
I see players are still being traded multiple times in a season. Jackie Bradley Jr. was traded twice. To the Orioles, then to the Nationals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 06:59 PM   #362
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I see players are still being traded multiple times in a season. Jackie Bradley Jr. was traded twice. To the Orioles, then to the Nationals.
To be honest that doesn't bother me as bad. I've seen Tanaka traded 3 times in one season in another sim. I can pretend its a 3 team trade.

For me to feel engaged in a franchise I need to feel the teams are trying to position themselves to try to improve. Right now I don't see teams in playoff push make a move to acquire a piece or a rebuilding team dump for prospects. I much preferred it before the patch.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #363
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
To be honest that doesn't bother me as bad. I've seen Tanaka traded 3 times in one season in another sim. I can pretend its a 3 team trade.

For me to feel engaged in a franchise I need to feel the teams are trying to position themselves to try to improve. Right now I don't see teams in playoff push make a move to acquire a piece or a rebuilding team dump for prospects. I much preferred it before the patch.
It doesn't bother me as much either I just don't like the consistency of it. Happens way too often.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #364
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

I see trading logic was addressed in this patch. What was broken before 1.02?

Oh, I'll happily up vote any bug reports you file, BTW. Either link them here or hit me up in a PM. Hopefully they can up the trades if they put out another patch.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #365
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm with you tb......
The quality is improved....but the frequency AND the importance of playoff push(neutral and rebuilding don't need it) needs to be emphasized for more moves with those teams.
IMO anyway.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #366
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

So I know this has been asked a few times in this thread, and it has been answered a few times but not definitively from a developer......but do we have to restart our franchise for the improved trade logic, etc. in franchise mode? I read through the entire thread and did not see a definitive answer from a developer or someone saying they heard it from a developer.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #367
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaleSpider
Wheres the Vita Patch?
It should be released around the same time as last year.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:42 PM   #368
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
So I know this has been asked a few times in this thread, and it has been answered a few times but not definitively from a developer......but do we have to restart our franchise for the improved trade logic, etc. in franchise mode? I read through the entire thread and did not see a definitive answer from a developer or someone saying they heard it from a developer.
you don't need to restart your franchise for the patch to take place. If you did they would've said so in the patch notes.

Also, if the patch didn't take place in existing franchises, the highlight reel wouldn't be working which it is nor would people see McCutchen with his new hair style.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »