Home

MLB 15 The Show: Zone Hitting Guide (Video)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Zone Hitting Guide (Video) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #25
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Zone Hitting Guide (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewillyjets
holding the right trigger after the pitch does not list the pitch speed. i wish it did.
youre right... that something so simple that was in previous years... good catch though. i wrote that in the script assuming itd be in!!! my bad on that one. but seriously theres no good reason that little bit of info shouldnt be displayed.

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/FratNightGaming

MLB THE SHOW GUIDES:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oXcjKpbMYUEbd2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #26
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yausser1017
This is a great video. I actually have been having some serious trouble hitting in this years game, and I tried 3 games using your tips in the video. I changed the position of my thumb on the left analog stick, and holy cow I can hit again. First game the other guy quit out at 7-0, I had 15 hits. Before that, I was lucky to have more than 5 hits. Great video, thanks!!!!

Same here man. I started hitting with zone in '14 once I heard pure analog (with stride) wasn't gonna be in 15. Adjusted pretty well when playing '14 but with '15, it has been tough and frustrating. I've welcomed the challenge and realize hitting in this year's game is tougher. But I haven't been getting the hits and stats that make the game feel realistic. I've had so many games in my franchise where my pitchers would throw a hell of a game only allowing 1-2 runs and we would end up losing due to my lack of hits. My pitchers hate me. Lol

I have now played about 10 games in my franchise since I read the article and changed my thumb position on the left stick. Sounds like it wouldn't help much, but man it has done wonders for my hitting! I haven't been racking up 15-20 hits a game or anything, but I'm getting realistic hit totals and variety. Also, my games are actually now competitive and I'm more confident at the dish. Still striking out from time to time but the small adjustment has made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the game. I now feel like I can turn my 36-35 2015 Indians around and make a playoff push (only trail the ChiSox 6 games for first in the division)!

Appreciate the video and the tips. Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #27
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Same here man. I started hitting with zone in '14 once I heard pure analog (with stride) wasn't gonna be in 15. Adjusted pretty well when playing '14 but with '15, it has been tough and frustrating. I've welcomed the challenge and realize hitting in this year's game is tougher. But I haven't been getting the hits and stats that make the game feel realistic. I've had so many games in my franchise where my pitchers would throw a hell of a game only allowing 1-2 runs and we would end up losing due to my lack of hits. My pitchers hate me. Lol

I have now played about 10 games in my franchise since I read the article and changed my thumb position on the left stick. Sounds like it wouldn't help much, but man it has done wonders for my hitting! I haven't been racking up 15-20 hits a game or anything, but I'm getting realistic hit totals and variety. Also, my games are actually now competitive and I'm more confident at the dish. Still striking out from time to time but the small adjustment has made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the game. I now feel like I can turn my 36-35 2015 Indians around and make a playoff push (only trail the ChiSox 6 games for first in the division)!

Appreciate the video and the tips. Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glad to hear youre having success!!! i was also thinking that the pci would work perfectly when trying to bunt. instead of just pressing a button, you should match the pci with the ball. and much like when hitting regularly, if you get on top of the ball, itll go on the ground. if you get under it, youll pop it up.

Channel:

MLB THE SHOW GUIDES:
Old 04-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
when you try it, please let me know how it goes!!!
I tried it and I don't really know if I like this. It seems to lower my reaction speed quite a bit (ie that I have to move earlier because my thumb moves way slower in this position). Add to that it's a bit uncomfortable.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #29
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

My biggest problem is over extending the direction of my PCI in any direction - except up - even when I use the modified thumb placement. It seems like PCI placement is more important this year and I'm suffering severely at the plate. I've even had to reduce my hitting difficulty from HoF to AS.

In years past, I would never use contact or power buttons, but I may start to incorporate them into this year's offering.

3 questions that would put everyone's responses in context - for me at least:

1. What difficulty are you currently playing on?
2. What is your pitch speed?
3. Do you use contact and/or power buttons? Why?
Old 04-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #30
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Good video...concise and to the point
Old 04-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #31
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky

In years past, I would never use contact or power buttons, but I may start to incorporate them into this year's offering.

3 questions that would put everyone's responses in context - for me at least:

1. What difficulty are you currently playing on?
2. What is your pitch speed?
3. Do you use contact and/or power buttons? Why?
I play on all star.

Pitch speed I use default settings

I only use power if I'm way ahead in the count or if i guess both pitch type and location correctly. even then, i use it cautiously. I use a contact swing if im deep in an at bat with two strikes with runners on base.

what bout you?

Channel:

MLB THE SHOW GUIDES:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #32
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

I bought gripits on Amazon for $5 for my controller and it really helped. On sale now for under $4 for two pair.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003NS...=operasport-20

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »