Home

MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play

MLB 15 The Show has been out a few weeks now and our staff has been playing it non-stop -- foregoing jobs, wives, and even our own children in pursuit of winning a World Series.

Ok, perhaps it's not that bad, but everyone does seem to be enjoying the game still. Check out several rounds of impressions after the jump!

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 34
I have a mixed relationship with quick count. I like the briskness of the game, but I actually find that I hit worse, because it kind of sacrifices the rhythm of the at bat. I dont want to sit on pitches and get behind in the count..if I get a pitch early in the at bat that looks like it is hittable, I want to swing at it.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Impressions After a Few Weeks of Play

I play on the PS3 version and overall I love it. With TNK's sliders, I have very realistic results in my Franchise. My only thing is I wish there were more stats! Don't know if it's the same in the PS4 version, but I can't find out how many Ks my pitcher has during a game unless I go to the box score. This should not be the case, and I'm pretty sure it was different in years past. When I push the right directional button while pitching, it takes me to the screen in the upper left that shows the pitcher's count. Why can't they have this little screen also show the pitcher's current stats like K, BB, H, etc.???? Also, I wish there was a quick-button access to the game's box score. Those two things would make a huge difference for me. I wonder if this is something they can patch in. Maybe I'll start a thread about this.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

The new lighting graphical improvements are simply outstanding and the stadiums are very well done. The combination of these two makes the game a lot of fun to play. But I am somewhat disappointed that features of the game that worked fine in MLB 14 either don't work in MLB 15 or have been completely removed from the game this year. Definitely disappointing, but I will still have fun playing the game this summer.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
Why can't they have this little screen also show the pitcher's current stats like K, BB, H, etc.???? Also, I wish there was a quick-button access to the game's box score. Those two things would make a huge difference for me. I wonder if this is something they can patch in. Maybe I'll start a thread about this.
It was there last year, but removed this year for whatever reason; this year the d-pad input no longer gives K's or BB. Quick access to box score and much more key information was readily available with a click of the touchpad last year too, but that was also removed. Now you have to pause the game and go into the menu if you want this information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealC7R
It was there last year, but removed this year for whatever reason; this year the d-pad input no longer gives K's or BB. Quick access to box score and much more key information was readily available with a click of the touchpad last year too, but that was also removed. Now you have to pause the game and go into the menu if you want this information.
Thanks for the response. I really wish they would patch this back in, if possible.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

The game has not been ejected from my console (except for this morning to set up a 1989 CFM on Madden 15 lol) since it's release.

I can say with 100% certainty it is my favorite sports game of all time no question.

I am playing more modes than every before (Offline Franchise, Offline Season, Diamond Dynasty, Online Franchise, Online Ranked and soon a 1987 full 90 man RTTS career).

The modes are robust, online for the most part has been incredible and a revelation and overall the game plays better than ever.

Of course some minor presentation things I wish were not cut back on....but I have already adjusted to the new broadcast vision. Games are being played quicker (but not so fast it takes away from immersion as on average games are taking me 45-50 minutes per) with QC's coupled with this new more streamlined broadcast presentation. I am not happy about some of the presentation decisions, but it is by no means anything close to a deal breaker. The game is just too good and too much fun for me to whine.....I got over it within a week.

9.75/10

If you have not played Diamond Dynasty and played some online games with players you know and trust will play true to the game, you seriously have no idea how much more your missing out on. It has taken the game to unprecedented levels of enjoyment for me. User Fielding this year has been really tuned well and is a ton of fun....finally!!!

Trust me it will blow you away.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-24-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7
Just a fantastic version on the PS4 this year. I couldn't be more pleased at how much more to the gameplay and graphics I see over 14. User fielding has really added to my enjoyment, and I am currently looking for a Diamond Dynasty addiction group. It hits that sweet spot of getting baseball cards as a kid, being a GM, and playing the stock market! I haven't even played online this year yet, so looking forward to that now. But The Show Live and DD modes have been keeping me very happy. Pitch physics are improved and more challenging. Batted ball physics are varied. Cameras are great. Fielder reactions and path to balls are great. So much to like in this game that I haven't touched any other game since March 31! That has never happened before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »