Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-24-2015, 02:34 AM   #289
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I'm against the changes made to presentation. Taking out the throws back to the pitcher or cutscenes in between pitches. I don't like taking a pitch and having the screen refresh to a future point. It's hardly button "smashing". If button smashing is hitting one button every 30 seconds than every game is a button masher these days.

lol that is so true.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:48 AM   #290
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

First good example I've seen of the bunting success lowered. Batter is pitcher Travis Wood and I'm trying to sacrifice Coghlan to 2nd.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:59 AM   #291
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
WOW! Baseball has a problem. The REAL MLB wants games to finish faster, and now the VIRTUAL MLB wants that too. My goodness, is it really that bad? My message to MLB and SCEA... there is nothing WRONG with the game!! Nothing wrong with how the games play out. You start trying to take things out and speed things along, you will affect the game in a negative way. Baseball is a beautiful sport. It has a charm and persona that no other sport can claim.

Too bad that MLB and SCEA are bowing to the "What's next? - Gotta go" generation.
That is not where baseball comes from.

The thing I find funny about that to is that a average NBA game is 2.5 hours, NHL 2.5 hours and NFL and MLB games are both 3 hours on average yet with MLB and NFL games both being 3 hours I don't hear people talking about NFL games being to long. Heck Collage football games are like 3.5 hours on average lol. There is nothing you can really do to make baseball faster. The only reason any sports takes a long time is like any thing on TV and that is TV breaks. The only thing that can really make a baseball game faster would be if you didn't have pitchers come in for like 1 battier to face a lefty. Even if you had a few less pitching changes it would still only make a game like 10 minutes shorter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 03:01 AM   #292
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
thanks for chiming in Russell, much appreciated.
what i can't get past is that you and your team added AWESOME new additions / kept cool existing scenes in between pitches / innings that contradict achieving a goal of having the game finish faster:

1. split screen pitcher/batter
2. dirtcam view
3. broken bat, getting a new one
4. ball boy returning to seat
5. pitcher taking off hat to wipe sweat / gather himself
6. showing emotion of pitcher questioning ball that should have been a strike (i.e. lifting hands like "are you kidding me")
7. home run replay from previous inning(s); hr/xtra base hit in between innings
8. mascot hyping up the crowd
9. show motion replay
etc.. could go on forever mentioning cool things

I'm loving all the stuff above, adding to the authenticity of the game. Not showing foul balls going into the stands more often like it used to, interrupting the throw back to the pitcher from the catcher, etc...seems to take a bit of the essence of baseball away. my biggest fear is that eventually too much baseball will get removed from the game in favor of finishing the game faster...that's why you added fast play, in game saves, usage of x button...it's not like you're forcing everyone to watch everything like some FPS, other genres.

love the game, love the SCEA team's accomplishments.
just my 2 cents.
While I too am disappointed when any game elements and animations are wholly removed from a game, many of the things you're listing and mentioning here add to the emotion of the game. And I think that's what SCEA tried to avoid removing and instead tried to cut pieces they felt didn't impact things one way or another as far as emotion goes.

Obviously, it's a debatable topic of what should/shouldn't be removed if they absolutely have to remove something, but I perhaps naively believe this is where the line is drawn for the most part, barring actual MLB rule changes to speed up the game. It's when they start cutting out the things in your list is when they not only affect the flow of baseball, but also the emotion and tension of the game. And I can't picture them doing that.

But I agree with the sentiment that it should be implemented as an option rather than changing the Broadcast gameplay. Maybe have a Fast Play, Broadcast Fast, Medium, Real, etc. or other solutions that have been mentioned. Here's hoping baseball-simulation fans of all the various paces can one day co-exist.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:03 AM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 4

Twice in pre-patch games in my Pirates season I had gameplay freezes after check swings were referred to 1st or 3rd base umps. After one of them the scene froze on the ump indicating the batter didn't go round, after the other one the scene froze on the pitcher facing a batter-less homeplate. I've seen no reference of any kind to such gameplay freezes in this thread. Not sure if these bugs have been dealt with or not.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:15 AM   #294
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Did the patch fail to automatically download for anyone else?

I had my PS4 in rest mode and I have it set up to download and install updates while in rest mode - in fact, it did for a game last week. But I get home tonight, fire up the PS4 from rest mode and get the download is available message.

I was ready to play, but now I've got to wait for this download.

Not once on any game has rest mode worked for me when it come the system downloading and install updates not once for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prot22
Just a couple things that I don feel got addressed in this patch, or may have but I haven't noticed yet.

1) every player having 5 caught stealing stats to begin the franchise or season.

2) pitchers or players getting a hit and having the announcer and statistic saying it was his 3000th hit.

3) slider bar not having a noticing effect on computer pick off attempts.

4) sometimes the game opens up right to the first player at bat without doing he full lineups and pitching intros.

These are the only things I was hoping to be fixed. Other than that this game is totally badass!! Especially with OSFM rosters!

I don't know about 1 or 2 but yeah I see the CPU throws over a lot. 4 I have yet to see before the patch and I haven't played after the patch yet.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:15 AM   #295
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

The Astros and Twins still have white pants for their road alt uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 05:14 AM   #296
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Did U check the redeem or buy section of the game I thought my stubs didn't appear either til I went there and found them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I brought stubs upgraded my player from 60 to a 68 ovr. Went to practice came back from practice. Rating went back to 60. So I went to see if my stubs or training points were put back. My points & 6$ were gone. My first & last micro transaction. I kno one thing tho Sony or SCEA going to keep hearing from until I get my money or stubs/points back

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »