Home

Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-07-2014, 02:16 AM   #137
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
That's great for human v cpu play but not human v human. When you play people you have to have a playing field both people know.

I'm fine with the simulation sliders as is and haven't changed them in the years I've played.

I can't say the same about shot releases. Those have always been a problem as far as I'm concerned every year I've played.

No reason those shouldn't work right out of the box.
I only meant hum v cpu. Never for human matches unless it was a league setting type of thing by a commissioner.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:20 AM   #138
Just started!

OVR: 0

Well that just made a huge difference. I was getting so mad, completely missing wide open shots while knowing that I hit a perfect release no matter what the meter said. Change over and use Parkers shot, instant change.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #139
Just started!

Does your freestyle mode have 2 AI that pass you the ball? I am playing on Xbox 360 and my freestyle mode does not have 2 AI. How do I get the 2 AI to show up in my Game Modes --> Practice --> Freestyle?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostfaceDr1llah
The shot meter isn't the problem here. I here a lot of people just say "turn off shot meter and you'll make more shots!" They are ignorant to the actual situation. Does turning the shot meter off magically increase the players' shooting attributes? It does not at all. Some people might just be better at timing the jump shots by looking at the player which is why they tell us to "turn off the shot meter and you'll make more shots."

However, the real problem is the actual shot animations. YOU CAN turn off the shot meter but leave on shot feedback and you'll see that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a perfect a plus release with certain players like Korver. Going 1 for 6 with Kyle Korver when you are wide open most of the time is the problem here. If Korver was able to get perfect releases at a decent clip, it wouldn't be too bad.

In a hypothetical situation, we can play a ss/hof sim game or even a freestyle mode with both of us using the Hawks. You can turn off the shot meter and I'll keep it on. It is highly unlikely that you'll make a more significant amount of 3's with korver than me also using korver. HOWEVER, It is highly likely that both of us will brick his a lot of his open jump shots which is the problem here because if you can't get a single perfect release on ss/hof, you'll shoot a good amount of bricks.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #140
Banned

there are ~180 players with broke shots when playing on HOF simulation setting. been reported to 2k long time ago but dont expect anything to be done about it.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:46 PM   #141
Just started!

Does anyone know what release is Kyle korver's in my career in NBA 2K 15. Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 11:50 PM   #142
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Just go to edit rosters and select him and go to signature and see what he has.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 04-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #143
Just started!

Smile Re: Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Just go to edit rosters and select him and go to signature and see what he has.
I know that but I mean in MyCareer in releases. from J. Akognon to Release 108, which one is Kyle Korver's or looks the most like his. I tried analyzing his jumper in game but i cant figure out which one is his. If you can help me I would appreciate it so much please. Thank You!
Old 04-25-2015, 01:37 AM   #144
Banned

there are ~180 players with broke shots when playing on HOF simulation setting. been reported to 2k long time ago but dont expect anything to be done about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »