Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:27 PM   #257
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Baseball rules prevent players from being traded until June 15 after signing a free agent deal. The game used to have that in. A prompt used to come up that said "this player was recently signed and cannot be traded."

But what is happening sometimes in the offseason, I made a bug report for this, a team is trading a free agent and then that team signs him. So for instance Heyward is a free agent in the offseason.

The Red Sox then trade him to the Dodgers and receive a player. The Dodgers then sign him.
My bad. I completely misunderstood your post. Sorry tabarnes

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #258
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I know some people are going to like the updated trade tweaks. I think there has been improvements with superstars not being traded one for one, but what I am not liking is the trades are reduced in frequency. Pre patch;
test 1
April 10 trades, May 3 trades, June 6 Trades, July 10 trades (3 at deadline), aug-Sept 0
total trades:29

test 2
April 3 trades, May 3 trades, June 6 trades, July 9 trades (1 deadline), aug 1 trade, sept 0
Total trades:22

A 2017 sim had 25 trades.

I would routinely get 20-29 trades

Post patch most seasons have between 14 and 18 trades. MLB has numerous trades per year and I think an average of 25 was good. The 16-17 average that I am getting now is a little disappointing.

Also if you plan on not having instant trades on, I only see about 4-7 trades per year.

This is one sim I had. I'm also seeing players traded in the offseason as soon as they are signed.
Hey man, are you seeing what we were discussing earlier pre-patch?

Specifically how there were an ok number of trades being offered that were not being accepted?

Because honestly, pre-patch, if I had committed to making sure most of the offers went through using 30-team control, I would have been happy. Still way too low, but with me doing that, I would have seen on average around 22-25.

Are you seeing the CPU reject a lot of trades?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #259
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You also need to remember - It's a baseball video game. That's the way the entire world is going now - people just don't have time to sit for an hour to play an entire game these days.
Yeah, but there are also people who will play GTA V for 13 hours in a single setting. It takes all types.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #260
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Yeah, but there are also people who will play GTA V for 13 hours in a single setting. It takes all types.
I understand that. I'm a long session player myself. But we buy the game no matter what. To bring in ****** gamers, you need to shorten the time to play a full game.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #261
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
So make three settings: Fast Play, Medium Play and Full Broadcast. After all, this is a dev who is accustomed to giving us our options.

That's not the point. The post he responded to made it seem that this was something no one or very few wanted. That's simply not the case.

I am all for more options, my point was there those of us who like the new presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #262
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Hey man, are you seeing what we were discussing earlier pre-patch?

Specifically how there were an ok number of trades being offered that were not being accepted?

Because honestly, pre-patch, if I had committed to making sure most of the offers went through using 30-team control, I would have been happy. Still way too low, but with me doing that, I would have seen on average around 22-25.

Are you seeing the CPU reject a lot of trades?
I'm not sure. I tried one sim without instant trades and only saw 4 trades. I'm seeing anywhere between 8-20 trades post patch with instant trades, so I am assuming that is what will be for you to allow.

Alot of major league rp for minor league starting pitchers. I also see that no one is on the trade block in August and fewer now through the season. That may be why there are fewer trades. When I try to add players to the block with 30 team control the cpu clears it the next day.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #263
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I'm not sure. I tried one sim without instant trades and only saw 4 trades. I'm seeing anywhere between 8-20 trades post patch with instant trades, so I am assuming that is what will be for you to allow.

Alot of major league rp for minor league starting pitchers. I also see that no one is on the trade block in August and fewer now through the season. That may be why there are fewer trades. When I try to add players to the block with 30 team control the cpu clears it the next day.
You should file a bug report on them clearing out the trade block. I would highly doubt it's intended to work that way.

8 trades in a season has to be unintended too; unless SCEA has shifted their strategy on how frequent they want them to be on the front end.

Anyway, please fill out a report man. I'm really hoping they can up the frequency somehow and hopefully there's just a bug going on.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:47 PM   #264
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Anyone noticed any differences when hitting? Ive only played one game so pretty much no sample size at all. Had 10 runs on 18 hits and 3 HR. Just curios what others are seeing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »