Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:57 PM   #249
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
But in the show there was never logic to feature more cpu trades around the deadline no? It was even throughout the year which never felt realistic

Less is more imo, this is the best the trade logic has ever looked in this franchise..
We can agree to disagree on the frequency
There was. At one point trade frequency was adjusted to be heavier during July and more importantly during the last week of the trade deadline.

We always had the ability to lessen trades if we wanted to, by turning trades on and off. Unfortunately there is no way to increase the frequency.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want trades for the sake of trades. I want teams to make a push and try to make the playoffs and improve their teams.

Now what I do agree on is the trade logic is really good. Sometimes I see head scratchers, like Tanaka being traded 3 times in one season, in a sim I just did.

I like that Offseason trades are back in this year as well. That brings a lot of new life to the game. I just wish they would not sign players then immediately trade them.

I would also like to see a few more August trades. I liked the way they were in previous years.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:59 PM   #250
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
There was. At one point trade frequency was adjusted to be heavier during July and more importantly during the last week of the trade deadline.

We always had the ability to lessen trades if we wanted to, by turning trades on and off. Unfortunately there is no way to increase the frequency.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want trades for the sake of trades. I want teams to make a push and try to make the playoffs and improve their teams.

Now what I do agree on is the trade logic is really good. Sometimes I see head scratchers, like Tanaka being traded 3 times in one season, in a sim I just did.

I like that Offseason trades are back in this year as well. That brings a lot of new life to the game. I just wish they would not sign players then immediately trade them.

I would also like to see a few more August trades. I liked the way they were in previous years.
But they have to sign and trade don't they? In the game you cannot trade a player without a contract. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 PM   #251
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves2011
Not true. I like the new combined Fast Play / Broadcast. I am in the vast majority that wanted to quicker game, but still be able to see the state overlays, etc....

No way to make everyone happy, I get it .... But I think the way it is now appeals to the masses Russell speaks of....

This right here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #252
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
But they have to sign and trade don't they? In the game you cannot trade a player without a contract. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
Baseball rules prevent players from being traded until June 15 after signing a free agent deal. The game used to have that in. A prompt used to come up that said "this player was recently signed and cannot be traded."

But what is happening sometimes in the offseason, I made a bug report for this, a team is trading a free agent and then that team signs him. So for instance Heyward is a free agent in the offseason.

The Red Sox then trade him to the Dodgers and receive a player. The Dodgers then sign him.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #253
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This right here.
So make three settings: Fast Play, Medium Play and Full Broadcast. After all, this is a dev who is accustomed to giving us our options.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #254
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
WOW! Baseball has a problem. The REAL MLB wants games to finish faster, and now the VIRTUAL MLB wants that too. My goodness, is it really that bad? My message to MLB and SCEA... there is nothing WRONG with the game!! Nothing wrong with how the games play out. You start trying to take things out and speed things along, you will affect the game in a negative way. Baseball is a beautiful sport. It has a charm and persona that no other sport can claim.

Too bad that MLB and SCEA are bowing to the "What's next? - Gotta go" generation.
That is not where baseball comes from.
You also need to remember - It's a baseball video game. That's the way the entire world is going now - people just don't have time to sit for an hour to play an entire game these days.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #255
Rookie

OVR: 11

Just a couple things that I don feel got addressed in this patch, or may have but I haven't noticed yet.

1) every player having 5 caught stealing stats to begin the franchise or season.

2) pitchers or players getting a hit and having the announcer and statistic saying it was his 3000th hit.

3) slider bar not having a noticing effect on computer pick off attempts.

4) sometimes the game opens up right to the first player at bat without doing he full lineups and pitching intros.

These are the only things I was hoping to be fixed. Other than that this game is totally badass!! Especially with OSFM rosters!

www.twitter.com/@KrisWatson22

All hail to Vince Coleman...the best base stealer of all time.

Last edited by prot22; 04-23-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #256
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You also need to remember - It's a baseball video game. That's the way the entire world is going now - people just don't have time to sit for an hour to play an entire game these days.
Which is such a sad state of affairs and just so very sad as whole. I hope I am never one of these people........EVER!

To add on to this thought. The Show developers have added so many features for those that want to play quicker games. Quick Counts, Fast Play etc. I do not begrudge people these features. But why take away features for those of us that don't want to play quick games. You have scenes of Pitchers wiping sweat off their brow, split screens of the pitcher batter duel, mascots rallying the crowd, how much longer does it take to show a foul ball or a batter walk up?

All I am saying is these have always been in the game, why take them out now?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-23-2015 at 09:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »