Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #209
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
Actually Soler should have never ran into the wall like that, he wasnt running full speed and there was no reason for him to brace agains the wall. I am also not sure why the cut off man decided to take 3 steps into the OF after catching the ball before throwing in. More things that need to be fixed. The running into the wall has been an issue for a while now.
I won't argue that there was a bit of wall suction going on (although I was titling the stick all the way toward the ball so he WAS on a full run, or at least full momentum). But the throw was terrible - you can see it barely made it back to the middle of the outfield, on a hop no less. That's why the cutoff man had to go lunging for it and stop and plant before throwing it back in. Soler's defense is pretty underrated in the default rosters IMO, and I've been dealing with a lot of fielding plays and throws like that from him since the game came out.

Edit: Knowing that, I would have been better off trying to play this off the jog, and I made that mistake and got punished for it. Certainly not the first time I've gotten greedy and ended up playing something into more than it should have been with my defense.

If you have a problem with what you saw there, feel free to fill out a bug report and link that video.

Last edited by bcruise; 04-23-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'd just like to say that these guys' responses to bugs and user feedback is so superior to EA's that I think they need to be commended.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #211
Rookie

Great work on the patch - seems to fix many issues. One thing I haven't seen addressed is the glitch with the graphics after selecting pitch type (especially noticeable when viewing from zoomed cameras from behind the pitcher's mound.

It appears that the "chewed up" under shirt, which several others have commented on, is still there. It's a fairly major glitch considering the otherwise smooth PS4 graphics, so hoping it can be addressed and fixed at some point down the road. I'm speaking on behalf of several OS users who have noticed the issue, too, and have commented in other threads.

Oh, and I'm guessing the Twins pants "no stripe issue" will never be fixed. I'm getting used to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #212
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
I'd just like to say that these guys' responses to bugs and user feedback is so superior to EA's that I think they need to be commended.
Yeah, I saw a couple shots taken at Ramone that were ridiculous. So thankful that they got out a patch and fixed basically everything that was wrong.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #213
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

SCEA really needs to take a bow with regard to the speed and comprehensiveness of this patch...

Which is already layered on a quality product...

THIS is how you create and maintain a sim / sports / video game / enterprise...

Thanks (esp. for the return of Highlight Reel, by popular demand)!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #214
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

AI tuning – Bunt success rate was incorrect/too successful and accurate.

How does this affect human players? Can they still bunt at will?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #215
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylomax
Great work on the patch - seems to fix many issues. One thing I haven't seen addressed is the glitch with the graphics after selecting pitch type (especially noticeable when viewing from zoomed cameras from behind the pitcher's mound.

It appears that the "chewed up" under shirt, which several others have commented on, is still there. It's a fairly major glitch considering the otherwise smooth PS4 graphics, so hoping it can be addressed and fixed at some point down the road. I'm speaking on behalf of several OS users who have noticed the issue, too, and have commented in other threads.

Oh, and I'm guessing the Twins pants "no stripe issue" will never be fixed. I'm getting used to it.
Can't fix the LOD issue unfortunately it's not something we can iterate on in the time-frame of patches and it's too risky to do so as well.

The Twins no stripe issue is that how it looks in the style guide?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #216
Rookie

I don't care how big the patch would be, they could even make it completely optional. They could even charge a buck for it, but please, give us the video board at Wrigley. I know the lawsuits have been dealt with, and the main board was never part of it anyway. Come on SCEA, you guys made the Pirates' fans happy with Cutch's hair, throw us Cubs fans a bone!

Really happy to see the HR with a runner on first bug fixed. I was down 3-1 in the World Series with my Cubbies in the 8th. Rizzo on first and Bryant crushes a HR deep to where that video board would be, and lo-and-behold, when Castro came up, Rizz was still at first. No matter, I just launched one into the basket along the LF line to take the lead on the very first pitch he saw.

I assume the "tagging a sliding runner" fix had to do with the throw beating the runner, but the swipe of the tag missing him? If so, I'd almost like them to explore bringing that back in at a severely reduced rate. Missed tags happen sometimes, that's what I wrote those off as.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »