Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #113
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

They need to fix how editing certain parts of a player's batting stance effects another part of the stance.

For example, changing a player's follow through to two hands, also changes the players stride to one of the generic ones.

So you're forced to leave guys like Joey Votto, Jose Altuve, and many other players with one hand follow throughs because you don't want their stride to change.

If this isn't a bug, then it's just a terrible design choice, and it hasn't been this way since editing batting stances was implemented in MLB 13, or 12, can't remember.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #114
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Because the vast and I mean very vast majority of people who play our game want to finish games faster.
They should play on Fast Mode then, true broadcast, real-time should still be an option. Like years past.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Because the vast and I mean very vast majority of people who play our game want to finish games faster.
That's why you have FAST PLAY option. Even when your not playing fast play not every batter has a walk up and the catcher doesn't throw back to the pitcher its a cut scene. UGH LOL Great game other wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #116
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
They should play on Fast Mode then, true broadcast, real-time should still be an option. Like years past.
I agree. Why have a FAST PLAY mode then
Old 04-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Not true. I like the new combined Fast Play / Broadcast. I am in the vast majority that wanted to quicker game, but still be able to see the state overlays, etc....

No way to make everyone happy, I get it .... But I think the way it is now appeals to the masses Russell speaks of....
Old 04-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #118
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves2011
Not true. I like the new combined Fast Play / Broadcast. I am in the vast majority that wanted to quicker game, but still be able to see the state overlays, etc....

No way to make everyone happy, I get it .... But I think the way it is now appeals to the masses Russell speaks of....
Like I said why have OPTIONS then? One should be for fast play and an option for true brodcast sim play.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #119
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
They need to fix how editing certain parts of a player's batting stance effects another part of the stance.

For example, changing a player's follow through to two hands, also changes the players stride to one of the generic ones.

So you're forced to leave guys like Joey Votto, Jose Altuve, and many other players with one hand follow throughs because you don't want their stride to change.

If this isn't a bug, then it's just a terrible design choice, and it hasn't been this way since editing batting stances was implemented in MLB 13, or 12, can't remember.
It's working properly not a bug if you change any part of a real players batting stance like follow through etc. it moves everything into the generic category. All those animations are tied together and con not be separated. Not a bug and not a design choice either.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis20870
Then Russell why was the game made that way? I hate seeing a skip animation of the ball not being thrown back to the pitcher. Its always been in the MLB games why the change this year
It was done to speed up the games. Of course not everyone wants to play 18 minute games, some people like the game to play out like it does in the real world (perhaps without the long breaks between innings). I am one of those people who does not like to rush their games when time permits and when time is short, I can always button mash between plays. We have "Fast Play" vs "Broadcast" presentations now and the games could be sped up from "Fast Play" by also using Quick Counts. Perhaps in a future release "Broadcast" presentations would include all animations. I would love to see the full "Take me out to the ball game" sung during the 7th inning stretch. Of course I also acknowledge that I am likely in the minority and if it ever was added, it would need to be defaulted to OFF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »