Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2015, 06:19 PM   #553
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
Already struck out at least 30 times in 3 games so far in my Franchise mode...
I am dead last in MLB in strikeouts through the first 10 games with 102 whiffs. It's those ridiculous offspeed pitches this year.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #554
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I am dead last in MLB in strikeouts through the first 10 games with 102 whiffs. It's those ridiculous offspeed pitches this year.
Changeups and curveballs are deadly.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #555
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Changeups and curveballs are deadly.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
They are the equivalent of a Mortal Kombat fatality this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #556
Rookie

OVR: 6

my impressions after 50+ online games now.. I've been playing this game since about MLB 2006, Online exclusivley since (maybe) 2010. This is by far the best one yet -- this game just 'feels' right.

Congratulations to the Developers for making such an AMAZING game!

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Impressions (Pros)

- Dynamic Camera Online! I love how the Dynamic camera is available now as an option in Online now and not just Offline. I love the 'feeling' of watching the ball sail in the air on a HR.

- Lighting and Colours - the colours, saturation, lighting just look amazing! Really nice work by the Devs!

- Fielding Animations - no more fielder warping as in '14 online. Animations are smooth, and fluid, and not glitchy

- Pitch Speed the pitch speed feels great.. no more 'floaty' feel to Mark Buerhle's slow pitches.. even a 80mph pitch seems fast when in comparison to his changeup. This also applies to R.A. Dickey's Knuckleball. It feels less floaty as last year, there seems to be some 'zip' to it now, making his fastball seem even zippier'. Speed is all relative, so i'm glad there seems to be a better pitch speed to all the pitches this year. Like i said i dont know what it is, it just 'feels' right this year.

- Doubles. ball hits to the gap, and off the walls, making doubles more relevant. I know they tuned the OF speed down - it feels right now (except balls down the line.. )

- Hits up the middle - don't get caught by the pitcher anymore. (last year the Pitchers caught the ball too easily. it feels tuned perfectly now.

- Directional Hitting (love it!) I've always been a 'zone' + button + Swing Influence (R2) hitter. But this year, Swing Influence (R2) is gone. This actually makes hitting online easier! It's basically, a 'Timing-only' hitting mode now - which takes away my diligence in moving the bat to the proper zone. Instead, I sometimes use the new Directional Hitting as zone hitting. i.e. I will move the stick to where the ball is being pitched, and in essence, i am 'going with' the pitch. Or sometimes I just hold up, up/left, up/right and sit on a pitch to try and hit more HR's

Impressions (Cons)

- Down the Lines - I think my biggest con would be balls hit down the lines. They never seem to turn into doubles as you will see in a real life game. In game, you will never see a ball scorched over the 1b/3b bag and roll to the warning track and go for a double, it always dies in the grass before getting to the wall. In real life, balls get smashed down the line and go all the way to the wall for doubles. I don't know what it is (friction coefficients, etc?) Maybe there should be different friction coefficients for grass vs. foul-line sand and warning track turf ? I've always wished we could see this happen in this game more

- Strike Zone Glitches - pitches down the middle being called for balls. I've seen pitches down the middle being taken and called a ball. I know there are 'variable' umpires with different 'variable' strike zones, but I've seen this happen a few times.

- Double Clutching on Double Plays - this is a new animation that is prevelant in Online.. the 2B will double-clutch his throw to 1B a lot on Dp attempts causing the runner to be safe for no apparent reason. I say 'no apparent' reason because, I've pre-loaded my throw and everything.. this hasn't happened in any of the previous TheShow games before, so it's weird to see it so much in this one..

- Partly Cloudy Night Sky - play a night game with clouds, and as the sky gets darker, it looks like a filter to make the entire sky uniformly an 'orange-ish' colour as if it's just an Overlay or Multiply filter in Photoshop.. intstead of the gradation of a blue sky, and warm/cool light hitting the clouds, to creat really amazing sunsets. Truly, ..if this is a 'con' in a baseball game, there really isn't much wrong with this game LOL!

Overall, this game is great! Again, congratulations to the entore Development Team for their hard work. You've really created a baseball game MASTERPIECE!

Last edited by cheechoo98; 04-19-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: grammar!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #557
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I swear it's impossible to hit a off-speed pitch anymore!

Knuckleballs, change-ups, and splitters are the death of me!

0-4 Yankees
Old 04-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #558
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I love to play Live probably the most. I just love the handiness of it...but I get so discouraged with the goofiness of it sometimes. Especially when players are missing or so generic. Playing the Reds vs Cardinals Live game tonight. I was able to actually get the best of Wainwright and have the lead in the 8th. Looking at my strategy for the 8th and 9th I notice no Aroldis Chapman. He is active in real life. How can you not have access to Chapman!

Got to gripe about something.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #559
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I skipped the last few years and decided to pick up this years version,I'm not going to repeat the several pluses this game has except 1....and it actually turns out to be the one thing I don't like.

Quick counts.....while I love them for season play and exhibition games,unfortunately it's what kills Diamond Dynasty for me....I want to play that mode as it does seem fun,but the inability to use QC kills it for me.

I could see not using QC against a human player,but at least give us the option to use them against the CPU like we can in the other modes.

Overall though,I must say I'm pretty impressed with this game and it will definitely carry me till the witcher comes out.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #560
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Been playing sparingly and I gotta say how this game is programmed on default Allstar is really well done and cant get much better and QC is even tweaked perfectly !

My only bad points are like others said cant trade certain cards and sometimes the logic on substitutions is bizarre even with proper subs still on the bench .
To name a few Garrett Jones at SS , Brendan Ryan at Catcher and David Dejesus at 2b .

Ok anyone so does having B Ryan SS catching then effect the game being called ? In this instance it sure seems like it .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 04-20-2015 at 04:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »