Home

MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Guide

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Guide within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #25
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
The is left stick movement really just influencing the direction or do we have a better chance of making solid contact if we for example move the left stick in if the pitch is going there?
I would tend to think you'd have a slightly better chance of good contact. Obviously you'll have more success trying to pull an inside pitch than an outside pitch, so there is a slight connection between the two. Mainly it has to do with the direction you're trying to hit the ball, but there are many other influences at work such as pitch location, swing timing, and hitter tendencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #26
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I gotta be honest, I am very against this for online. It's timing only essentially, and doesn't take much skill to use.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:31 AM   #27
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I'll apologize in advance if I'm mis-reading your concern, but you seem to be confusing the two systems. There's Zone hitting (with the PCI that you move to be where you think the pitch will end up) and there's Directional hitting (where you pick a direction to try to hit the ball). There is no PCI for Directional hitting. If you're seeing a PCI move around as you move the left stick, you're using Zone hitting.
Thanks for bringing it up because I think I may be confused. So, when I press down on the stick, the camera shifts lower and the bottom of the plate has the yellow line/arrow thing. And almost every time I put that ball in play, it's a pop fly. Which leads me to believe that there's a PCI hidden underneath there. Maybe I just don't have a big enough sample size. Perhaps I should go hit 100 balls in BP and truly test it out.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:07 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Many times with directional I get belt high fastballs maybe a little higher and usually pop them up, miss, or foul them off. Those high fastballs are ones that power hitters crush but typically my home runs come off of low pitches. Even when i get the "GOOD" to flash i still foul and pop up many fastballs. How do I put these mistake pitches into the seats or at least get more extra base hits?
Old 04-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #29
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I gotta be honest, I am very against this for online. It's timing only essentially, and doesn't take much skill to use.

directional has a narrowed timing window. it says this in the 'in game strategies' somewhere in miscellaneous.

I'd love to see you post a live COTW using Directional with the arrows/in-game visuals to prove that you are using directional but also that it doesn't take a lot of skill meaning you are going to have to post a high score.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #30
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorb95
Many times with directional I get belt high fastballs maybe a little higher and usually pop them up, miss, or foul them off. Those high fastballs are ones that power hitters crush but typically my home runs come off of low pitches. Even when i get the "GOOD" to flash i still foul and pop up many fastballs. How do I put these mistake pitches into the seats or at least get more extra base hits?
Remember the timing window is slightly narrowed.

Try aiming down on the left stick and you might produce more line drives(You might want to be slightly early). If the pitch comes high and in then try aiming your swing towards the opposite field or even down AND away.

Your timing is more essential than anything. Learn to find the fastball RIGHT out of the pitcher's hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »