Home

MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode

MLB: The Show 15's franchise mode is tremendously deep this year. Most of the legacy issues within the series have been ironed out and balancing budgets with winning is now the mode's biggest concern. This adds a unique twist: Do you go after the star who will almost certainly be attached to a mega-sized contract? Or do you build through the draft and prioritize development? These are things that have to be considered before starting your franchise. So without further adieu, here is our quick guide to franchise mode:

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 12:26 AM   #2
Rookie

coreyerb's Arena

OVR: 0
Nice summary. I'm probably going to roll as the D'backs and I hope their small budget doesn't give me too many issues. I'll have a super young roster so shouldn't be too hard.

Is there a summary of the differences in franchise and season?

(Side note: it should be "without further ado" not "adieu" - http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/ado-versus-adieu )
Old 04-11-2015, 06:28 AM   #3
Banned

I'm using my Phillies and in year one of franchise mode,I'm liking the Franchise this year a lot,I would like them in the future make the GM mode more like the NBA 2k general manager mode! I'm definitely enjoying the Show this year a lot!
Old 04-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Going with the Mets or the Marlins. There's only a few guys I'd give major contracts too. Trout, Stanton, and Harvey. I want a cornerstone to build around.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode

I'm having a fun time building the Braves back up. I love their young roster and their solid pitching rotation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Okay, so I took the Cubs to 3 straight playoff runs (lost in the NLDS in the first 2, NLCS in the 3rd season). Not bad for the Cubs, you'd think they'd be okay with 3 straight playoff appearances, especially forcing a game 7 in the NLCS and losing by 2 in nail biting fashion. My GM rating was a B. NOPE, that wasn't good enough, they decided not to make me an offer to bring me back, because the long-term goal was a pennant and we came up short by 2 runs. Seriously? That's just annoying.

BTW, couple gameplay thoughts, the catchers get up out of their stances, grab the ball, and are ready to throw before the hitter gets out of the batter's box.... ummm, what?

And foul balls like disappear through the crowd, the camera just keeps zooming in and in and in until it finally "lands." Kind of annoying, especially when the commentator says, "Oh, and it barely clears the wall," while the defender keeps trying to run through the wall.

Game is still great, but I would've liked to continue my franchise with the Cubs (I know I can turn off the contracts, but that's only at the beginning). Guess I should've saved it twice. Oh well, ya live and ya learn.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #7
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyerb
Nice summary. I'm probably going to roll as the D'backs and I hope their small budget doesn't give me too many issues. I'll have a super young roster so shouldn't be too hard.

Is there a summary of the differences in franchise and season?

(Side note: it should be "without further ado" not "adieu" - http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/edu...o-versus-adieu )
Thanks! And yep, you're right. I overthink that one every time when it's really just the simple "ado". Appreciate it

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #8
Rookie

xCULLO's Arena

I am actually gunna go with the Rangers this year.. But in a Fantasy world where there players can actually stay in one piece for most of the year..

With a push in the right direction this time can do great things, when on the offense can be one of the best in the majors. I'm excited to hit a bunch of Home Runs since I usually play with my dodgers and they can't hit 'em outside of Puig and A-Gon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »