Home

OSFM 2015 Opening Day V.1 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015 Opening Day V.1 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #217
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: OSFM 2015 Opening Day V.1 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
This is a noob question but what is the difference between starting a franchise with 25 on the 40-man roster as opposed to 40? Both of the OSFM rosters in the vault have all injured players in A ball, so what does removing them from the 40-man enable?
It means if you want to start a franchise with accurate opening day Rosters and minimal work, 25 man is the way to go. When there are 40 man rosters the computer automatically shuffles lineups and rosters after spring training.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #218
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

What if I don't want to utilise real-world injuries?

If I use the OSFM roster that has injured players in A ball but still on the 40 Man, will they be called up automatically by CPU teams?
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #219
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Why? It doesn't make any sense. Now I have to go through and manually do it.
So do it. They don't owe you anything.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #220
Just started!

OVR: 0
Am I missing something here? I see you've changed the default Marcus Stroman, changed his name to Aaron Sanchez, changed the default Aaron Sanchez to Daniel Norris and created your own CAP Stroman... So Sanchez's pic is under Norris, Stroman's is under Sanchez, and Stroman now has a CAP pic... May I ask why?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #221
Just started!

Okay... nvm... It seems to be fixing itself... Maybe it... idk...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #222
Rookie

Thanks for all of the hard work.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #223
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
This is a noob question but what is the difference between starting a franchise with 25 on the 40-man roster as opposed to 40? Both of the OSFM rosters in the vault have all injured players in A ball, so what does removing them from the 40-man enable?
In the show, when you start a franchise, the spring training MLB roster is the 40 man roster. So if the guys are on the 40 man roster, they'll all be on the expanded spring training roster when you start your franchise. Then the CPU has to make cuts from there (unless you're doing 30 team control). So all the real life injured players listed in single A on the roster would then likely make the team out of spring training. This then has repercussions in terms of getting the actual opening day roster 100% accurate.

If you don't have these guys on the 40 man roster (which is how the base OSFM is set up), then the CPU doesn't have any decisions to make. The 25 man roster is set before spring training because there is only 25 players on the spring rosters. This guarantees accurate opening day rosters, but the downside is, it keeps some real life injured star players (like Hunter Pence and Matt Cain on the Giants) off the 40 man roster. The problem here is, the CPU won't promote them during the regular season unless there is an MLB injury.

So on one hand, you start with accurate 40 man rosters, sacrificing the 100% opening day rosters in order to have injured guys actually playing at some point in the season rather than lingering in A ball all year. On the other hand, you sacrifice not seeing the injured guys in exchange for perfect opening day rosters.

Personally, I don't care about 100% accurate opening day rosters, and prefer to see the injured players actually playing at some point. So I prefer going with the 40 man approach. I'm just deciding on going with one of the current 40 man rosters out now based on OSFM vs waiting for V2 which will have accurate 40 man rosters.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thank you my dudes. You all rule. So is the 40 man osfm roster on the vault uploaded by SimplyAJB the official OSFM 40 man roster? I know there are a lot of fakes out there and I dont wanna download the wrong one and give the wrong dude some props.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »