Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #425
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
They need to get rid of the CPU cheesing. The only time the CPU pitcher ever steps off the mound to try to catch a baserunner is... guess what... when you've pressed the steal button. big shocker there. if you try to steal, expect a pickoff attempt, but otherwise, there will be no pickoff attempts. makes zero sense.
I've stolen bases without the pitcher ever throwing over. I've also had the computer throw over just when leading off.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #426
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
They need to get rid of the CPU cheesing. The only time the CPU pitcher ever steps off the mound to try to catch a baserunner is... guess what... when you've pressed the steal button. big shocker there. if you try to steal, expect a pickoff attempt, but otherwise, there will be no pickoff attempts. makes zero sense.
Not my experience at all. I'm currently leading the league in steals with two players. My stealing percentage is sitting right around 65/70%.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #427
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I haven't had this problem but I can understand how frustrating it would be
Old 04-10-2015, 09:35 PM   #428
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
The cheese on every mode above Veteran is absolutely ridiculous.

The AI can't hit you all game, you mix up pitches, you take pitchers out that are even remotely tired but they're down? Time for 3 straight homers on 3 straight pitches that were on the edges.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #429
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Not my experience at all. I'm currently leading the league in steals with two players. My stealing percentage is sitting right around 65/70%.
I'm not saying that it's hard to steal, I'm just saying that the only time the CPU ever steps off the mound or attempts a pickoff is when Ive pressed the steal button. Oh, and this doesn't apply to RTTS. If my player is on base in RTTS I see pickoff attempts all the time when no runners are moving.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #430
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHansen59
The cheese on every mode above Veteran is absolutely ridiculous.

The AI can't hit you all game, you mix up pitches, you take pitchers out that are even remotely tired but they're down? Time for 3 straight homers on 3 straight pitches that were on the edges.
I play HOF and this simply isn't true at all.
Harder yes.. Cheese? Most overused word at OS just under "Broken"

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #431
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I play HOF and this simply isn't true at all.
Harder yes.. Cheese? Most overused word at OS just under "Broken"
I play on All Star and I don't see things I would call "cheese".

I swear, I think more ppl should video tape full games, or at least the end of their games, so we could analyze them.

Then, we could verify the supposed CPU cheating or give constructive feedback on how the CPU comeback could have been avoided.

Lastly, we should understand that comebacks do happen. Even elite closers give games away from time to time. And, while upsetting to the gamer, it is possible for a Punch and Judy hitter to get a hold of one when we think he shouldn't have.

I'm not making light of peoples misfortunes late in games, but I personally love how hard it is to hold a lead. Watch Baseball Tonight or the MLB network highlights and you'll see virtually the exact same things happening every day in major league ballparks across America.

I've played about 40 or 50 full games and I haven't seen 3 HR's on 3 straight pitches yet. Not that it didn't happen to the poster who described it, but I don't think it's the norm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 10:55 PM   #432
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I play on All Star and I don't see things I would call "cheese".

I swear, I think more ppl should video tape full games, or at least the end of their games, so we could analyze them.

Then, we could verify the supposed CPU cheating or give constructive feedback on how the CPU comeback could have been avoided.

Lastly, we should understand that comebacks do happen. Even elite closers give games away from time to time. And, while upsetting to the gamer, it is possible for a Punch and Judy hitter to get a hold of one when we think he shouldn't have.

I'm not making light of peoples misfortunes late in games, but I personally love how hard it is to hold a lead. Watch Baseball Tonight or the MLB network highlights and you'll see virtually the exact same things happening every day in major league ballparks across America.

I've played about 40 or 50 full games and I haven't seen 3 HR's on 3 straight pitches yet. Not that it didn't happen to the poster who described it, but I don't think it's the norm.
Agree with all of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »