Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #33
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
I'm now saving stubs to buy players I know I can win with. If I wanted, I could straight up buy these guys with my own money. isnt that the definition of pay to win?
No, because you're not guaranteed to win.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I've put up runs against that same outfield in a game that froze on both of us (one of the major issues with the mode). But it goes back to the point of not needing a superstar outfield to make those plays! An outfield out Billy Hamilton, Eric Young Jr and Adam Eaton or Lorenzo Cain would rob the same hits from you.
Yeah but they wouldn't come up the next inning and hit a bad pitch for a home run or an extra base.and pay to win doesn't mean you're guarenteed to win. It means you're paying money to get the advantage.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #35
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Yeah but they wouldn't come up the next inning and hit a bad pitch for a home run or an extra base.and pay to win doesn't mean you're guarenteed to win. It means you're paying money to get the advantage.
You keep pushing the goal posts back. First it was about them robbing hits, now its about them hitting bad pitches. And somehow pay to win doesn't actually mean "WIN" but gain an advantage. Cool. This won't go anywhere except back and forth in scenarios so I'll bow out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
You keep pushing the goal posts back. First it was about them robbing hits, now its about them hitting bad pitches. And somehow pay to win doesn't actually mean "WIN" but gain an advantage. Cool. This won't go anywhere except back and forth in scenarios so I'll bow out.
I didn't mean to confuse you, my first post was about how I lost a game 1-0 to a guy with all superstars. His only run was a HR by trout on a pitch out he pulled of the zone. He also caught anything hit out to him, so my point was superstars have the advantage. Hamilton, Cain and young can bring what they do defensively, but they have way less of a chance to get a hit with compared to the superstars.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:52 PM   #37
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't mean to confuse you, my first post was about how I lost a game 1-0 to a guy with all superstars. His only run was a HR by trout on a pitch out he pulled of the zone. He also caught anything hit out to him, so my point was superstars have the advantage. Hamilton, Cain and young can bring what they do defensively, but they have way less of a chance to get a hit with compared to the superstars.
Johnlnames - You're having the same misunderstanding with Shakedown that I had, and I understand it now.

We all agree that there is a better way to do it. When we say "Pay To Win", we mean it as a figure of speech. We don't mean literally "Pay money for wins", it means you can pay money for significant advantages.

Simple misunderstanding, for all involved.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Johnlnames - You're having the same misunderstanding with Shakedown that I had, and I understand it now.

We all agree that there is a better way to do it. When we say "Pay To Win", we mean it as a figure of speech. We don't mean literally "Pay money for wins", it means you can pay money for significant advantages.

Simple misunderstanding, for all involved.
haha idk, is there a way you can pay to get an automatic win? Because I've never heard of it. 😝
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #39
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
"This is the most blatantly "pay to win" mode in sports gaming"

This is straight BS. Like the poster said above, I've come across a couple of teams absolutely stacked and held them to one or two runs due to having a decent pitching staff and knowing how to setup pitches. NBA2k is the most blatant pay to win model due to the nature of the sport and being able to manipulate CPU teammates with some made up Ruby Kobe, etc.
This has been discussed a lot already later in the thread, I would just like to point out "pay-to-win" isn't "clickbait" in that -- yes for the reasons already mentioned it's not clickbait -- but also because that phrase is just an accepted part of the free-to-play universe. I can understand why those are getting it confused if they're not aware of that lexicon.

It doesn't 1 to 1 mean you pay money and get to win every time. Rather you pay money to get better stuff than those who play "straight up" in the game, and thus have advantages others would not have from an assets level. It does NOT mean you will then win every time, just that you will have an advantage over the field.

In other words, it's really in no way meant to compare the sports at a base competitive level, as yes, I would agree it's easier to negate better players in a one versus one situation rather than a basketball or football situation where you have a million guys not in your control at any given moment. But again, "pay-to-win" does not have anything to do with that here.

Just wanted to clarify for the sake of doing so!
Old 04-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

NBA 2K15 MyTeam -- You can spend $50 on VC and get absolutely nothing worthwhile from the resulting card packs.

NHL 15 Ultimate Team -- You can spend $50 on coins and get absolutely nothing worthwhile from the resulting card packs.

MLB 15 Diamond Dynasty -- You can spend $50 on stubs and get several legendary/diamond players of your own choosing.

That is what makes Diamond Dynasty more competitively imbalanced than any other microtransaction-based game mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »