Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #25
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Didn't read the article (don't care about these types of game modes) but whoever is responsible for that jersey needs to be banned
Haha yeah, my first thought was "yeah those uni's are definitely a whiff" lol

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
"This is the most blatantly "pay to win" mode in sports gaming"

This is straight BS. Like the poster said above, I've come across a couple of teams absolutely stacked and held them to one or two runs due to having a decent pitching staff and knowing how to setup pitches. NBA2k is the most blatant pay to win model due to the nature of the sport and being able to manipulate CPU teammates with some made up Ruby Kobe, etc.
You can not deny that player ratings don't make an impact. Yeah I've beat stacked teams as well, but that has to do with the user controlling the players. When I play users with equal skill as me, but have all diamond player line ups, all I can do is pray he has an off game. I went up against kershaw and lost 1-0. More than 50% of the balls I put in play had good timing with the PCI on the ball, yet I only managed to get 2 hits. His only run was a HR by trout that he pulled out of the zone.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #27
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Good article, but I don't think the game automatically forfeits the game if you run out of time. I think you just played a big fat jerk who took advantage of the situation.

In my second DD game, my opponent ran out of time in the 7th or 8th. It told me to press square to forfeit his game. I was down by a couple of runs, but he could have had some real reason to pause the game which caused him to run out of time. I walked off in the 10th.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #28
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
It may be happening, but that is not the fault or intent of the developer. And people are banned when they are found to be doing it.

You could say the same thing about Madden. I can't use mobile quarterbacks. But I'm awesome with Payton Manning and Tom Brady (two frowned upon QBs in the MUT game). Player preference doesn't change. Problem is I can't buy Manning or Brady straight up. I can buy anyone I want in MLB.

The design of the mode is sound, with this exception. You can not directly link money to in game currency. You need two forms of currency - One to purchase random cards (in the form of packs, so this would be okay with cash) and one to run your Community Market.

I'm curious as (posting this again) to whether you think two forms of currency would make the game mode better. If you do, then you and I agree on basics and are arguing the semantics of the effects of "Player Skill". If you don't, I would like you to explain how.

I don't mind having a back and forth with you, but I'd like it if you responded to my posts instead of turning the attention to another point so that we could make this more constructive.
Quite honestly, its too early to tell. We would have to revisit this by the end of the season and see what shakes out in regards to the pricing value of diamond, gold and legend players. Will one currency allow the market to keep flowing and not having to play over 1000 MyTeam games so you can purchase that one onyx Mcgrady card? We'll just have to see how us, the players, mold the market. With that type of grind, I can see why people would tend to do things the non-ethical way.

I think one thing we'll agree on is that this could end up being very lucrative for SCEA and that might allow us to see way better legends going for way higher prices in future games, if it shows people are willing to put the money down. At the end of the day, people still have to put hundreds of dollars into these super lineups.

This whole thing started with the headline, within the article "Pay to win" and of course it would spiral into another conversation. I don't see where I strayed otherwise!

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 04-10-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #29
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
You can not deny that player ratings don't make an impact. Yeah I've beat stacked teams as well, but that has to do with the user controlling the players. When I play users with equal skill as me, but have all diamond player line ups, all I can do is pray he has an off game. I went up against kershaw and lost 1-0. More than 50% of the balls I put in play had good timing with the PCI on the ball, yet I only managed to get 2 hits. His only run was a HR by trout that he pulled out of the zone.
I would never deny that. My point was that you ultimately control the outcome of the game on both sides more so than ratings. You ran into a Kershaw where everything you put into play was at someone. You, as well as I know that happens sometimes and the next time the result could be totally different.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I would never deny that. My point was that you ultimately control the outcome of the game on both sides more so than ratings. You ran into a Kershaw where everything you put into play was at someone. You, as well as I know that happens sometimes and the next time the result could be totally different.
They weren't balls hit right at people tho. His outfield was mccutchen trout and Gomez, that's another reason why I only had two hits. His outfield tracked down everything. It happens everytime I face aces with a superstar D, I don't get any breaks. But teams that have guys like trout, hit balls out of the zone low and away for a HR or extra bases. I haven't had any luck with packs, so my defense is terrible and i barely beat people I should destroy.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #31
Rookie

I'm now saving stubs to buy players I know I can win with. If I wanted, I could straight up buy these guys with my own money. isnt that the definition of pay to win?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #32
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
They weren't balls hit right at people tho. His outfield was mccutchen trout and Gomez, that's another reason why I only had two hits. His outfield tracked down everything. It happens everytime I face aces with a superstar D, I don't get any breaks. But teams that have guys like trout, hit balls out of the zone low and away for a HR or extra bases. I haven't had any luck with packs, so my defense is terrible and i barely beat people I should destroy.
I've put up runs against that same outfield in a game that froze on both of us (one of the major issues with the mode). But it goes back to the point of not needing a superstar outfield to make those plays! An outfield out Billy Hamilton, Eric Young Jr and Adam Eaton or Lorenzo Cain would rob the same hits from you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »