Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #9
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
"This is the most blatantly "pay to win" mode in sports gaming"

This is straight BS. Like the poster said above, I've come across a couple of teams absolutely stacked and held them to one or two runs due to having a decent pitching staff and knowing how to setup pitches. NBA2k is the most blatant pay to win model due to the nature of the sport and being able to manipulate CPU teammates with some made up Ruby Kobe, etc.
Agreed, I have came across teams that had almost every player a legend and did not lose to them... If you pitch well, you can get them way off their game... I don't throw down the middle cheese, I paint corners, mix up pitches, and if you throw the same pitch over and over again, I counter it with a reliever I have the entire game that is almost impossible to hit due to his delivery (not going to mention his name so everyone starts using him)... It is all a matter of how you pitch the game that dictates the outcome...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 04-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
"But for the users who refuse to pay more than MSRP for their sports games, Diamond Dynasty puts its $60-per-year customers at a greater competitive disadvantage than any other Ultimate Team-type mode."

I believe this is true in theory but it is not true in this game if you play the community market. I did not spend any real money past the initial $59.99 cost of entry for the standard edition of the game, and within I week I acquired Mike Trout (via market) and Rod Carew (by completing the Angels collection). It doesn't take that much time. Before you play a game, set up your buy orders and/or sell orders and check them out once the game is over.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Agreed, I have came across teams that had almost every player a legend and did not lose to them... If you pitch well, you can get them way off their game... I don't throw down the middle cheese, I paint corners, mix up pitches, and if you throw the same pitch over and over again, I counter it with a reliever I have the entire game that is almost impossible to hit due to his delivery (not going to mention his name so everyone starts using him)... It is all a matter of how you pitch the game that dictates the outcome...
Agreed on stacked teams being beatable.

I feasted on one with sick paint the black pitching and patient hitting.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7
Definitely need 4 lineup options. DH/no DH and RH/LH pitcher. At the very least the RH/LH pitcher lineup.

Didn't know we had a web powered marketplace. Very cool

Definitely need to adjust online pause timer max for extra innings.

I bought 2 of the most recent 7500 stub packs of cards. BIG waste of value. I got 3 borderline Silver players each time, the highest being 83 rated Matt Shoemaker. Would have been much cheaper to just go buy the player cards individually. This latest pack pricing is designed to just take your money faster, while fooling you into thinking you are going to get a Gold or Diamond card. Stick with the 1K stub packs. Much better bang for your buck. If you are going to spend 7500 stubs, there should be one Gold in there at least.

Very happy to see Player ratings will be dynamic through season. The buy low mentality for some cards makes it more interesting.

I was playing DD yesterday, and on each player card when looking at player abilities, I was seeing 2014 player season stats, and at bottom of that was career stats! Then later they were not there anymore. Anyone else notice that?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7
Also, I have a PS4. I don't want PS3 stadium cards in my packs!!! That's just laziness on Sonys part. I have a bunch of them. They are not worth anything on market. They should not be there for PS4 players. At the very least, if they cannot fix this up front, there should be a trade-in feature for another stadium or item.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #14
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm pretty sure "Pay to win" means you can buy the best players in the game. You can't do that in other Ultimate Team modes.

On that point, the author is spot on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #15
Rookie

Just a couple days ago i played against a guy who definitely had a "pay to win" team with his entire lineup consisting of legends and diamond players. Thought i was screwed especially since i had Adam Warren starting but turned out i ended up throwing a perfect game! Mind you all my players and stubs were earned in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #16
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'm pretty sure "Pay to win" means you can buy the best players in the game. You can't do that in other Ultimate Team modes.

On that point, the author is spot on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Him putting "win" in there like its a given is click-bait material.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 04-10-2015 at 05:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »