Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

Though its opening week has been beleaguered by technical difficulties, Diamond Dynasty's redesign for MLB 15: The Show has transformed the mode from being a total afterthought in MLB 14: The Show to being something that I somehow want to keep playing, despite all of its mechanical kinks. If Sony San Diego's quality assurance department can squash some of these bugs over the next week or two, then Diamond Dynasty could become one of the better fantasy team modes in sports gaming.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3
Good article highlighting the Hi's and Low's of this game mode. It definitely has great potential.

Two things id add are giving offline gamers the option not to be forced to use fast play. I understand its preferred for online H2H matches, but id like the see the cut-scenes and replays when i play the cpu and extra innings matches.

Secondly, id like to have the DH back or at least an option to use or not use one. I dont really like to be forced to play National league baseball. It makes cards like Ortiz worthless when i already have a good fielding 1B i use...
Old 04-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
Not sure if "pay to win" applies to this game. I say that because I have a starting rotation of all sub 80 pitchers and have run up against many line ups that were chalk full of "pay to win" players and I can stay in (and win) those games simply by pitching well and hitting my spots (current record is something like 28-17 and haven't spent a dime on players or packs). I haven't gotten blown out once with my worse loss being 9-3. Unlike Madden where if you didn't have a roster full studs you might as well forget it.

I got burned by the nit-by-pitch freeze. After hitting a two run homer in the top of the 11th the guy drilled my next batter, game froze, and I got the loss. A very disappointing and cheesy end to what was a greatly played game by both of us. I wasn't aware of the bug at the time but fortunately it has only happened to me once.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Not sure if "pay to win" applies to this game. I say that because I have a starting rotation of all sub 80 pitchers and have run up against many line ups that were chalk full of "pay to win" players and I can stay in (and win) those games simply by pitching well and hitting my spots (current record is something like 28-17 and haven't spent a dime on players or packs). I haven't gotten blown out once with my worse loss being 9-3. Unlike Madden where if you didn't have a roster full studs you might as well forget it.

I got burned by the nit-by-pitch freeze. After hitting a two run homer in the top of the 11th the guy drilled my next batter, game froze, and I got the loss. A very disappointing and cheesy end to what was a greatly played game by both of us. I wasn't aware of the bug at the time but fortunately it has only happened to me once.
I am impressed that you have gotten in 45 games since launch.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

"This is the most blatantly "pay to win" mode in sports gaming"

This is straight BS. Like the poster said above, I've come across a couple of teams absolutely stacked and held them to one or two runs due to having a decent pitching staff and knowing how to setup pitches. NBA2k is the most blatant pay to win model due to the nature of the sport and being able to manipulate CPU teammates with some made up Ruby Kobe, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

It's only pay to win if player skill is removed from the equation.

I am absolutely atrocious at fielding and base running so while I could easily go buy a lineup of legend, diamond and gold players, a skilled player could probably beat me with bronze and common.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2
I agree...this is the only sports game I've played where I feel like I have a fighting chance against better teams because it has more to do with how you perform on the sticks than it does player attributes. Yes the attributes are great help and an advantage as the margin of error is smaller but well played performance on the sticks/buttons and disciplined approach (laying off bad pitches) at the plate wins more often that not. I'm getting to the point where I don't really care what the other roster looks like.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Awesome article on a truly fun mode. I am playing this a lot. And having a total blast. But you point out some serious flaws that I am sure will evolve the mode as the team will look at the community feedback here and consider many of these issues.

Not being able to have season statistics for my created player is a huge huge eye sore. It's baseball!!! You gotta have stat's. Always.

Not being able to play a friends team is a huge bummer. Lineup cards need to be in as well for R/L match-ups. Games being counted offline and against the CPU need to be fixed and i am sure they will be patched (right?).

But overall the mode took a huge leap as last year was non existent. The card collecting and marketplace is a blast.

Great stuff.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »