Home

MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #129
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter
"Still not sure what you're on about, zone + analog is still in the game."

"zone + analog" is technically still in but the meaning has been changed. Now, without the more difficult and vital element of stride removed-- so has the thrill of when one actually lines it all up and makes good contact. The stride element is how one bats when actually playing baseball (if intending to get ball out of infield).

The way they have it now it is more akin to T-ball and/or Softball slap-type swinging (hence previous comment re: new mechanic being for preschoolers and women) where just getting contact is all...........Just wish they would change their minds while on vacation--been trying to get into this year's iteration (love the different sliders for outfielder vs infield).......but ultimately bummed by this aspect
Listen, I get that people are bummed out that the stride is taken out. And I do wish they had left it in as an option. But you're exaggerating this to the point that it's impossible to take anything you say seriously. Going from flicking down then up on a stick to flicking in just one direction is in no way comparable to going from playing actual baseball to playing T-ball. And stop comparing women to preschoolers, that's just sexist and ignorant.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #130
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

Directional Hitting is my favourite way to hit in all of Baseball games.

That being said, there is no easy way to hit a baseball.

also, zone + analog is now easier because there is no stride and in my opinion it is now = to zone. which is a good thing.

the stride is a complex thing to implement so i am glad its gone even though i loved pure analog and zone-plus i was tired of rarely getting a good stride.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #131
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

i just swing with the x button
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #132
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I tried the directional + timing hitting....it's not for me. It's mainly because the timing hitting PCI is still just too random for me. Switched to zone last year and haven't looked back at timing.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #133
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I tried the directional + timing hitting....it's not for me. It's mainly because the timing hitting PCI is still just too random for me. Switched to zone last year and haven't looked back at timing.
I believe they got rid of the PCI for timing this year. I was the same way, I hated seeing the PCI way off the mark when I got a pitch down the middle. Now I'm doing directional analog with Dynamic Difficulty and it's been good so far. Unfortunately I've only gotten a few innings in here and there, but should have more of a chance to play soon.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #134
Just started!

OVR: 0

The way you describe it in the write-up implies that there's a timing element to Directional. If that's the case this is the first time I've heard that.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #135
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Directional hitting is fantastic. I used zone all last year, but there's no way that I'd go back. With zone, I feel like I was so focused on moving the reticle in the right spot that it actually made me a worse hitter. I used to swing at a lot more junk in comparison to my approach this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #136
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcfhxg
The way you describe it in the write-up implies that there's a timing element to Directional. If that's the case this is the first time I've heard that.
Directional this year is the same as Timing in previous years. The only difference is you can influence which direction you would like to hit the ball. If you don't pick a direction, it's the same as Timing. And of course the timing of your swing plays a part as well. If you try to pull the ball, you don't want to be swinging late.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »