Home

MLB 15 The Show: Presentation Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Presentation Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #9
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Presentation Impressions

I think they should take a look at what 2k did with their presentation the gameplay was horrible but the presentation was always solid.

I want to get excited when I start up a game I want to know some storylines, predictions, analysis, news around the league stuff like that.

A new commentary team would be welcome the current team is getting pretty old and we need some new voices in the booth. Maybe have two commentary teams that would switch around one day you get Matty V and Steve the next game you get another team calling the game.

Last edited by zello144; 04-06-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #10
MVP

Frame rate still needs to be ironed out during cutscenes though. While it's definitely improved from last year, it still drops occasionally & it really stands out when it does. Hopefully it can be touched up in a patch. Also, I really wish they would've kept the post game highlight reel. I always looked forward to watching it at the end of games & it's a bummer they removed it.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 04-06-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #11
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I think they should take a look at what 2k did with their presentation the gameplay was horrible but the presentation was always solid.

I want to get excited when I start up a game I want to know some storylines, predictions, analysis, news around the league stuff like that.

A new commentary team would be welcome the current team is getting pretty old and we need some new voices in the booth. Maybe have two commentary teams that would switch around one day you get Matty V and Steve the next game you get another team calling the game.

Liked how they talked about everything from the past season upcoming season..talking about the pitchers pitches what he should do ect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 3
bring back the after game highlights with different camera angles..
Old 04-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #13
Rookie

At Petco Park, you can see planes in the far distance behind the buildings on approach to KSAN. As a resident San Deigan... that's incredible detail because every 2 min, you see planes coming in lol. Like, if you ever spend any time downtown, you see planes come in.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:13 AM   #14
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Frame rate still needs to be ironed out during cutscenes though. While it's definitely improved from last year, it still drops occasionally & it really stands out when it does. Hopefully it can be touched up in a patch. Also, I really wish they would've kept the post game highlight reel. I always looked forward to watching it at the end of games & it's a bummer they removed it.
First the game is beautiful and the lighting is near perfect but from there on many parts of the game are getting stale after all these years .

Sadly I now play with the volume off most off the time and listen to baseball podcasts when I play and I also find I play better when its off ? almost distracts me into a slumber and I then lack concentration .

I didnt notice it before but now that I tweaked my sliders a tad Im also having framrate issues from when the ball is fielded and then throw almost like clipping which really wrecks the atmosphere .

Rain was also a issue for me as I couldnt see it but I think it stops and starts during the games and you can only see it ground level when its pouring .

Since gameplay is solid and only tweaked every year to keep things unbalanced from last years game SCEA really needs to keep this game fresh by updated display screens , camera angles , tons of new animations and a whole new announcing team !
I mean listen to any announcing team and go from there or hire four voice actors announcing teams for four different region styles like North , south , east and west dialects .

The announcing never really bothered me that much as its spot on calls but since we lost SOTS the announcing really stands out poorly for me and its not even dialog as thats fine its how its done yuk and really makes me disconnect when I play .

Just so were clear they could make this team calling the game spot on and add one million lines and I still wouldnt listen to it as its a deliver thing and it sounds disconnected like their not even in the same booth reading a script.

UPDATE: For those having Framerate issues on my PS4 under settings I changed my Resolution settings from Auto to 1080p and no more issues !

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 04-07-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #15
Banned

The other day I was playing the New York Mets. I'm playing franchise mode with my Phillies,it was the first game against them at Citi field and it was a 1:00 PM start time,I didn't notice any shadows creep in during the game,I was playing with the sky's clear as well,but I did notice the light seemed to change a little on the players the light from the sun seemed to make the players look very bright looking for a little bit. I don't know if that makes sense or not. It seems like the 7:00 PM games still turn to totall dark pretty fast,not gradual at all. Atleast to me it does. Also is there a ticker or somewhere that shows the real MLB scores with updates on also the games in progress? They have always had a ticker at the bottom of the main menu showing the real MLB scores finals as well as the games still being played. I don't know if anybody knows what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »