Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Like others have noted, the lighting in each stadium is much improved (much more apparent when replaying 14) and the game-play is smoother. That said, I'm sticking with 14 until some of the minor quirks have been ironed out. Some of the minor changes are also annoying and will take some getting used to such as not having pitcher K/BB info or the option to hit the touch-pad to see pitch location history. The removal of the foul ball camera and the little breaks between pitches/swings is also disappointing. For some reason, I'm also noticing more frame-rate hiccups (Broadcast in-play offense/defense views) in 15 such as when throwing from 2B/3B to 1B (cut scenes have drops as well but those aren't a big deal). There's also a slight frame-rate drop after hitting the ball with the new post-hit camera. I'll probably continue to play 14 until a patch or two is released; striking out on 2 strikes in a 2 out, bases loaded scenario on a pitch in the dirt is just .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #346
Rookie

LewisCAVS's Arena

OVR: 1

Had the game since Friday and I'm loving it. I can't quite put my finger on why but everything just seems more polished and refined. From all the menu's, the graphics to the game play itself everything just seems improved from last years game.

You can tell the devs really strive to put out a fantastic game, when you compare this to EA sports there is no comparison. EA games just seem like a roster updated ultimate team money grab whereas the show 15 has multiple engrossing game modes and absolutely superb game play, presentation and graphics.
NCAA - KU basketball
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 04-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #347
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I so want to start my Season/Franchise but I'm gonna be patient and wait for the OS rosters. Kudos to those cats that take the time out of there lives to sacrifice for our enjoyment.

Game has exceeded all my expectations. Thanks SCEA for another year of greatness. Happy Easter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #348
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Just bought a new TV yesterday and omg! This game is way more beautiful! Now I know what people are saying this lighting and overall look is plain gorgeous!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #349
All Star

Graphically the lighting looks great but players faces still kind of look ps3 like compared to NBA 2k. That is the thing graphically that they need to improve the most next year is the faces do that and maybe the game can look has good has NBA 2k.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #350
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
....I'd also like to have the option of player locking without having to use the RTTS cam. Just lock my player but let me use regular cams I have set up.

Anyways great job devs!
I agree... The player lock with a normal camera option would be awesome! I would actually use RTTS if it had that option since the outfielding camera in player lock is very hard to get used to.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #351
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
I agree... The player lock with a normal camera option would be awesome! I would actually use RTTS if it had that option since the outfielding camera in player lock is very hard to get used to.
That's on my design list for 16
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 01:21 AM   #352
Rookie

Game is wonderful. My only big complaint is the commentary, it's standing out like a sore thumb. Replacing Matt V would be ideal but If that's not in the cards at least scrap all his old lines with new ones. Add more conversations between the guys and discuss stats, i.e. "Puig is 3 for 12 against Chapman but those 3 were homers". 2K did this very well. Also add more variety in between innings, I'm tired of seeing ramone, nick and lance in every stadium doing some voodoo dance; maybe do a trivia question early in the game and then reveal the answer later, little things like that. Been playing since 06 and SCEA does a fantastic job overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »