Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #337
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Just remember one thing you won't truly see what this game can do until this game is made for PS4 only and as Ramone has said the Show didn't reach maturity until the third year on PS3. This game is incredible, especially when you consider it doesn't have the budget of Madden or NBA 2K. No sports game will EVER be perfect but this team has shown they are dedicated to making this the best it can be. I mean in the end that's all we can ask for.
Btw the split screens may be one of the best presentations they have ever added..watching CC not even look back when I went deep ?.....priceless
Old 04-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #338
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Another awesome effort by SCEA.

There are so many subtle, yet meaningful improvements in the game. As a long time fan of this franchise I really appreciate their approach to improving on a yearly title.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have a hard time falling in love with this game like I have in the past.

In my opinion, pure analog hitting feels hollow and boring with the stride mechanic removed.

SCEA leaves so many options in for us year over year... I just can't understand why they would scrap something that was so well executed and that added an incredible level of enjoyment for those of us who used it.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #339
Banned

OVR: 0

I feel better when I walk than hitting a home run. That's why I don't like baseball games. My pitch recognition is AWFUL.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #340
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The boos are nicely done in this game. I am very familiar with them as I am 17-36 with the Twins.

― Plato
Old 04-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #341
MVP

BL8001's Arena

DD online has some peculiar issues. Got put out at first 5 different times last game and every single one had the first baseman not occupying the bag but still being called out at first.

It may just be an animation issue. The best one had the 1st baseman walk towards the runner down the line, he made it about 4 feet from thebag then making the catch as the runner ran past and then casually throwing it to the pitcher. Vasgersian chiming on about a routine plat at first for the out.

Typical ones had the 1B just walk off the bag towards the throw over before making the catch.

Maybe its connection lag. I have a soild connection and so did the other guy. No other issues during the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #342
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The boos are nicely done in this game. I am very familiar with them as I am 17-36 with the Twins.
They're improved for sure, I've noticed that too. But talking about crowd reactions in general, I think there are still some mistakes. Notably I think the reactions for things the road team does are too damn pronounced - way too much fanfare over an enemy HR for example. Real life crowds are mostly non-responsive to enemy hits and runs. The atmosphere in the aftermath of a good play by the road team should sound pretty much the same as the "general" atmosphere, not a stadium-wide parade of boos.

I also think there's some missed opportunities on opening day: the first out of the season and the first hit of the season should both bring "special" cheers. It was a real drag to be all caught up in the moment of opening day, rip a single, and just hear a very underwhelming, generic cheer.

In general I think the crowd is very good, for the record.

And while we're talking audio: I'm upset they still haven't added any aircraft to the ambient atmosphere. C'mon guys, just grab some "747 in the distance," "helicopter in the distance," and "bi-plane in the distance" soundfiles and dump them into the slot you use for that train in Seattle.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #343
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

I was playing a game and my Pappaw walked into the room and asked, "I thought the Reds didn't play until tomorrow?"

Graphics and presentation are good enough to confuse a 60 year old man!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 04-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #344
Rookie

My Impressions

At first glance, this game is very deep. When I compare it to other sports games (mostly NHL), there are so many subtle things that make the Show stand out to me as the sports game to beat. I haven't played a lot of baseball games in recent years, because as the owner of a 360, we didn't have a choice.

Presentation and Graphics- The presentation is probably better than NHL 15. They are close, but I feel like The Show gets so many little things right. Expressions, body language, etc. I haven't played another next gen game that even comes close to this. The stadiums all look wonderful, which is something I can really appreciate as they definitely lack differentiation in games such as NHL. The Madden team gets stadiums right, but we don't have to see them the majority of the game as the cameras focus the action on the field.

Gameplay- I'm struggling to figure out the settings I want to play with. This isn't because TS has done anything wrong, but rather, because of all the options we get. I'm probably settling on PCI hitting and analog pitching. When I walk or get a HR, I feel like it's because I earned it rather than something arbitrary. The same thing about when I make a mistake pitching and watch Stanton take me yard. I feel like TS accurately captures baseball in both a realistic and fun way. Other than a few racing games, I feel like no other sports game balances fun/rewarding with realism as well as they've done here.

Audio- The sounds of TS are top notch in my opinion. Boos, cheers, hecklers. It's all here. NHL did a pretty good job with crowd noises and reactions, but TS has absolutely blown me away. It sounds like watching a game on TV or at the park. I haven't played enough games to let the commentary grow old on me yet, but I really like the job they've done with that as well.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with this game, and if SCEA is as good about making it better as the general consensus suggests, I will probably be a regular customer of this sports title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »