Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #329
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

For those still complaining about the lack of highlights at the end of a game...

Worry no More

In another thread Ramone said it was just a simple oversight and will be patched back in at the 2nd patch

His words below:

"The highlight reel being missing is nothing but a oversight from the end game menu change during development. We'll try to get it back in there in patch#2"

Last edited by slthree; 04-04-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #330
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

Pros:

Loving the game. The carry-over franchise feature is the one of the greatest advances in sports gaming and if it keeps going can let you play out an entire lifetime/career of games and challenge historical records.

Gameplay is great. Graphics are better than last year.

Cons:

Yes. Wall dirt and hat sweat are overdone. And once you get outside the walls of the stadium it looks like a ps2 game. I don't care much because of everything else it does well but it's stark to see the difference between in the stadium and outside of it.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:43 AM   #331
Pro

OVR: 5

Possible dumb question but is there anyway in franchise mode to make it default to have quick counts on when starting a game versus having to set it each game. Small thing but I've accidentally started a few games just clicking through and trying to avoid it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #332
Pro

OVR: 0

Very impressed with the game visually, especially the lighting. Gameplay is solid as always.

I haven't seen any comments on this yet, so I guess I'll say it:

I still can't stand the HR cam. I've seen it a few times and just don't like it. Wish there was an option to shut it off completely. For that matter, I dislike any cutscene/replay angles that wouldn't be seen in a normal television broadcast, and there are way too many replays of insignificant pitches for my taste.

Fans not reaching for foul balls in the stands seems rather weird, and it happens on most foul balls where there is a camera cut.

All things considered, I think the presentation dropped a notch.

Last edited by JTommy67; 04-05-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:08 AM   #333
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Saw some pretty cool first baseman animations but catcher plays are still pretty bad around the plate and has anyone else noticed on not to high but playable pop ups around Home Plate the catcher doesnt even move but the bat boy make the plays ? really bad .

I been playing a few more day games out of Post Season mode and the Lightning is really a thing of beauty oh and the gameplay coding is amazing nothing looks out of place or you ask yourself was that realistic as I play with auto base running on and guys tag up properly on flys , slow guys dont stretch it out and it really does look realistic top notch.

EX : Flowers on second pretty slow but hes gotta stay by the base on a liner by the 2b man so he couldnt score even though it was kinda a gapper so he held up a third and thats what i mean everything looks logical and nothing iffy so great job Programmers of SCEA !

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 04-05-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:06 AM   #334
MVP

OVR: 15

after a couple days with the game.
its even better. gameplay is so good.

the game cant look any better.

for next year they just have to focus on stat tracking. and maybe so more fielding camera angles.

i just reinstalled high heat 2001 and the reason i stillplay that game is the stat tracking.
if the show can get all the stats for aaa aa and a like high heat has especialy with the easy interface.

there wont be much else to ssk for.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #335
MVP

OVR: 2

I've been playing Spring Training games all week in Minor League stadiums (which looked good). But my 2015 Season began a day early and while I won't be watching every inning from every game, today I will be playing a whole slew of CPU vs CPU games so that I can get them all played by tomorrow night and the Big League stadiums I've seen so far look absolutely fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #336
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
after a couple days with the game.
its even better. gameplay is so good.

the game cant look any better.

for next year they just have to focus on stat tracking. and maybe so more fielding camera angles.

i just reinstalled high heat 2001 and the reason i stillplay that game is the stat tracking.
if the show can get all the stats for aaa aa and a like high heat has especialy with the easy interface.

there wont be much else to ssk for.
I am already on record praising SCEA for another sports game of the year.
Excellent work.

Ramone has mentioned that stats will be a priority for the 16 version.

I do miss the extended plays that rarely appear now. This is where I hope
SCEA will bring back along with overhauling the stat engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »