Home

MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing

This is a discussion on MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2015, 12:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing

Really loving this game so far. Three games into a franchise, each game has felt very realistic, challenging and beautifully displayed.

I don't really mind the new camera angle/flinch thing batting w/ medium view after contact. It's refreshing, IMO.

The navigation through menus is sooo much easier than it used to be. Feels as if the umpire's varied calls are more realistic - and it goes both ways, where in '14 I felt like the player always got screwed.

In about 7 games, I've discovered just one bug that hit me twice in one game at Wrigley - foul balls that were about 7 rows deep near the dugouts, the fielder starts pulsating/jig-jagging on the wall - then the ball suddenly makes a sharp turn toward the field and goes in his glove!

Looking fwd to playing and enjoying this game all year long.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogotwingz3
The only things I've noticed that get on my nerves a little bit is presentation, hitting timing, delayed throws and baserunning....

When it comes to hitting I feel like its off a little bit...it makes me hit foul balls or miss completely when I swing early on a high inside 94+ mph fastball or in the opposite situation swinging late at an outside offspeed pitch ...in baseball that's what you're supposed to do...and no I'm not talking about too early or too late swings

Throwing-- I push the button before my fielder gets the ball and sometimes they either do too many motions or there is a delay that causes it to not look smooth..still gets runners out, just don't like seeing it lol

Baserunning-- maybe someone can help me ...it seems like there's too much assist in baserunning.....ill push L1 one hundred times and it still seems like my runners wont advance when I want them too..I feel like as soon as the ball is hit I should only have to press L1 once and hell go straight to 2nd

Presentation-- its great for the 1st three games but then its just repetitive ..I'm still trying to figure out how none of these "Next gen" games beat out the presentation of OG Xbox 2k games...it really rattles my nerves lol
I am loving the game and am glad to see I am not the only one with baserunning problems.. Quite a few times already I have had guys thrown out at second because after starting out at first for some reason dive back to first or at least head back after a hit by the next batter... This really needs to fixed.. It has been a problem for years
Old 04-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto1
Did they remove manager mode?
I have not seen this answered yet. I am waiting on a few things before deciding whether to purchase it. Drop in price, considering there were apparently not a lot of major improvements. The reviews of this game on multiple sites. Patches. If they did in fact remove Manager Only Mode then I have no reason to buy MLB The Show 16. One thing that I won't tolerate is the removal of features. That is I don't buy anything from EA.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 10
I found manager only mode. You can access it from the daily game view screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »