Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #297
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Yep you can turn it off under general advanced settings I believe.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #298
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

OVR: 0

I suck at fielding. Particularly, at throwing to the correct base. Sounds absurd, but I'm struggling with this and I'm sure it's basic. Using the left stick and hitting X to throw in the direction of the runner.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #299
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Check Swing bug? What is the bug exactly.
If you check swing on your second strike and the ball is in the dirt the AI treats it as if it is strike 3 ball in the dirt and throws you out at first resulting in a lost at bat.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #300
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If you check swing on your second strike and the ball is in the dirt the AI treats it as if it is strike 3 ball in the dirt and throws you out at first resulting in a lost at bat.
As common as this is, I'd say this one will get squashed in the next patch. It's pretty easily re-creatable.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10039

Upvote if you haven't, although it's already near the top and pretty much guaranteed it'll be looked at.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:50 PM   #301
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Wink Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
As common as this is, I'd say this one will get squashed in the next patch. It's pretty easily re-creatable.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10039

Upvote if you haven't, although it's already near the top and pretty much guaranteed it'll be looked at.
Yup, it is a reliable bug as far as frequency. It is not one of those bugs where the moon the stars and the sun need to be in total alignment to replicate. Hopefully they get it quick, happened to me twice in the same game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #302
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Ahh. Havent noticed it happen to me yet. I was hoping it was an issue with check swings happening on accident when you try and swing. Think something might be wrong with my controller.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:28 PM   #303
Banned

OVR: 20

The lighting in this really is off the hook. Has everyone played a partly cloudy game? Not quite real time dynamic shadowing but just the same the lighting totally fluctuates between really sunny, kinda sunny and overcast during the course of the game. Very nice.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #304
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Anyone who has played this game in the past or present, should relatively have the same impressions of gameplay. The gameplay is great, its been that way for years, and some tweaks here or there every year make the gameplay better year to year.

I hate to say it though, I'm a graphics homer, and presentation homer, and this game is several lacking. It is well behind the typical PS4 title graphically, and it is the least attractive looking game of the major sports titles released. Im not saying its an ugly game, or even saying it looks like a ps3 game, it just is nowhere near where it should and could be on the ps4, especially considering it is year 2.

There is a definite issue with whoever is in charge of the graphics. They have been using the same graphics for 7 years now. An example is here:

Same wall textures, same background textures that were used last gen. They upped the resolution, but these stadiums while some look better than others are all insufficient for the ps4. The environments are not updated for next gen, they are the ps3 environments at a higher resolution, which, in my opinion, only shows their flaws more.

In the pic above, you see the wall texture repeating, with the dirt on it. You see the tree branches on the palm not looking...well...right, its all sloppy. on ps2/ early ps3 we wouldn't even see this, but now on ps4, it just looks like garbage.

Im not trying to totally destroy them. For instance when I look at Citi Field in the game. From the standpoint of looking at the stadium as a whole, compared to a real life image of the stadium, to sit back and point out flaws (which I just did FWIW), to REALLY have issue with that is nitpicking. The issue is, when you look at the stadium as a whole, with the close ups, the textures all look awful.

Another example when I say stuff worked on the ps2 or 3 but cannot work now are images like this:

When playing the game, you obviously aren't going to sit and watch each screen and point out flaws like some that are in the above image. Example, the steps behind harvey. They are huge, the are not proportionate to the stadium. It isn't the angle of the pic either, steps in the stadium that fans aren't walking on, all look huge like this. On ps2, we couldn't care less, but when you are looking at Matt Harvey with sweat on his hat (like in the pic), immersion is lost when you see these ugly steps all over the stadium. Whats the point? Also, who cares how much the guy weighs. Certainly this info would be ok if issued behind or in front of other more relative stuff like stats, record vs the team you are playing, etc. Instead we get his height and weight in boring font that looks like they attached a word document to one of their graphics.

On the presentation side, we are yet again watching the same stuff. Some stuff is improved for the better: Off the top of my head I like the hubs for RTTS and Franchise, and post game for RTTS, etc. But outside of some various menu type changes, everything else is the same. Finish a RTTS game, you see the same loading screens, same basic font, like Helvetica used showing standing,etc. Same small team logos that are boxed in.

On ps2, that stuff worked, but with where we are at in the world today, I mean we are all using iPhones, where they are so graphically driven to captivate people, when I turn on this game, and I see how it delivers information to me while I'm playing, I am completely disappointed. It is 2015, its time to make stuff look new and fresh, and good.

Post game baseball card guy, post game people raking the stadium, post game guy with camera comes out, every person that guy interviews is always walking the same way making the same movements, its all the same. Some of this stuff we were seeing as far back as the ps2.

Even looking back to the screen I posted of the ugly spring training field, look at the new york and washington scores. I can make that in Microsoft paint. It is unacceptable for this game to be doing such basic things this far into development considering things like the stadiums are ports.

Again, gameplay is on point, it always is, but at the same time, I haven't found much in this game that is overwhelming compared to my experience with the show 14. Certainly there is a bunch of stuff improved, but after a week of playing, I'm no longer thinking about those things, I am thinking about how ugly some things in this game are, and how I wish there was better presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »