Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-03-2015, 11:57 AM   #289
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Just wanted to make sure I posted in here at least once to show my satisfaction and gratitude for a great game.

I'm sure all the accolades I have , have already been mentioned so I'll keep it short.
Love every bit of it and it's been a blast so far.
Currently going through a Franchise with DD settings (A tiny bit of slider edits first) and after 2/3 of spring training is done I'll see where I'm at and go from there.

The only things I would like to see added outside game logic etc.. is the ability to use the presssbox cam from MOM in franchise and the ability to player lock on just offense. I love playing D but would like to player lock on someone on offense for the game. Then would rotate each game. Just a way to make sure my stick skills don't override rating a lot.
I know I can just turn it off/on but that's a pain
I'd also like to have the option of player locking without having to use the RTTS cam. Just lock my player but let me use regular cams I have set up.

Anyways great job devs!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 04-03-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #290
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

Really upset they took pure analog out this year. I simply can not hit in this game. I played a quick game against the Dodgers. I won 2-0 but only had 3 hits, 2 solo home runs. But I can not get used to the new hitting I'm not lying when I say this, the first 10 batters I hit with all hit 2 hop grounders to the 3rd baseman. I finally got a hit when I accidentally hit a home run with Marlyon Byrd, I was getting so frustrated that I was JUSY flicking the analog whatever way because what I was doing earlier wasn't working obviously. Also I played the same game on dynamic difficulty and pitched with it, it was easy. Struck out 16 batters with Cueto in a complete game.

Also every year I make myself and my friends in a franchise and was messing around last night and made 10 of the created players, go to save the roster, it saves. I go back and check it. Players aren't there, so I go back and load the roster, players aren't there. At this point it's late at night so I just delete the roster and go to bed. This morning, do the same thing (I should have saved it after I made a couple of players to see if it would do it again) I make all the position players go to save the roster. Go back to the menu, all the players are gone, again. So I wasted 2 hours making rosters that didn't save, am I doing anything wrong?
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals
Old 04-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #291
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonT4
Really upset they took pure analog out this year. I simply can not hit in this game. I played a quick game against the Dodgers. I won 2-0 but only had 3 hits, 2 solo home runs. But I can not get used to the new hitting I'm not lying when I say this, the first 10 batters I hit with all hit 2 hop grounders to the 3rd baseman. I finally got a hit when I accidentally hit a home run with Marlyon Byrd, I was getting so frustrated that I was JUSY flicking the analog whatever way because what I was doing earlier wasn't working obviously. Also I played the same game on dynamic difficulty and pitched with it, it was easy. Struck out 16 batters with Cueto in a complete game.

Also every year I make myself and my friends in a franchise and was messing around last night and made 10 of the created players, go to save the roster, it saves. I go back and check it. Players aren't there, so I go back and load the roster, players aren't there. At this point it's late at night so I just delete the roster and go to bed. This morning, do the same thing (I should have saved it after I made a couple of players to see if it would do it again) I make all the position players go to save the roster. Go back to the menu, all the players are gone, again. So I wasted 2 hours making rosters that didn't save, am I doing anything wrong?
I've made a few players (Myself etc..) and they worked fine...?
Did you load roster after you saved it..? Maybe that's it.??

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #292
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

The check swing bug is starting to be a real PITA!
Old 04-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #293
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Yum! Extra hummus on mine!
Old 04-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #294
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

The Boys of Summer Return Better Than Ever On MLB The Show 15

The first thing you notice is the vibrant colors. The razor sharp detail of the ball parks, the crowds, the dirt and the freshly manicured outfield grass patterns. The lighting....oh my the ground breaking lighting, the natural transition from sunset to night. Playing a 1987 franchise game with my Yankees at the Cubs, I was taken aback with the sunset sky and it's transition to some evening baseball at Wrigley. The sheer amount of eye candy on The Show is worth the price of admission alone.

But then I start playing, and playing and playing some more. This years edition is hands down the smoothest game they have made yet. The fielding animations are incredible. The pitching motions are vastly improved. But it's always about the little things with The Show right? This year is no different.

Seeing the ball hit off your bat this year was a subtle but yet massive nuance that has made the game that much more realistic and puts you right in the batters box.

The new ball spins and breaks are ultra realistic and have added another layer of reality to the game.

Directional Hitting is awesome. And although not ground breaking, they are implementing it better than any previous baseball game.

The new quick field position menu is awesome and a very welcomed addition. It makes doing on the fly adjustments easy and quick.

Fielding is something that has been a huge bugaboo for me with this series. But this year it is fun, responsive and flat out great. I am playing Diamond Dynasty Online and have been having an incredible time. I still love auto fielding and manual throwing (thank you Woodweaver for coming through with no blue circle!) for my season/franchise play. But fielding is truly fun now and I am playing The Show online for the first time ever and am hooked.

Speaking of Diamond Dynasty. Wow. Talk about a baseball card lovers dream mode. I am really having fun earning stubs, buying packs and anticipating who will be in my lineup next. My team is the Florida Bandits and I am slowly but surely editing my uniforms and everything I can that goes along with the Diamond Dynasty suite. I see myself playing online a lot this year. It's refreshing and fun.

Licensed equipment has breathed brand new life into the game and it is amazing how much realism it has added. Fantastic decision.

The ball physics are at a new level. Hit variety is incredible.

The new outfielder and base runner speed Paradigm is a knock out success and very well implemented. I see and feel the difference every single game. The new paths to fly balls the OF takes are far more realistic. And they don't play balls off the wall perfectly anymore (CPU) I have seen some miscues in that regard. That was refreshing.

But there are some things I am questioning.

1. More broadcast elements are being cut down and taken away. Foul Balls have been drastically cut down and sometimes batter walks ups are ignored. Booooo! That's not baseball. I want to have all that and If I decide to "x" through it so be it. But I want that choice. I am not a fan of the streamlined broadcast path that The Show has taken this year. I hope they bring back some of those things again to the "older" patient baseball fans. Yes sometimes I want to play faster. And I can, but I want my options.

2. The R2 symbol for the new pithc location/swing feedback is a minor annoyance so I toggled it off.

3. I don't like they took away the quick pitcher batter info by pressing up on the D pad. Why?

That's it for negatives.

Once again Sony SD and the team have taken our beloved baseball game to another level. This is the first true PS4 version of the game. Make no mistake about that. 14 never left my console. Now it will never see it again. MLB 15 is here to stay.....until of course 16.

The Show rules again.

9.5/10
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-05-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #295
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Check Swing bug? What is the bug exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #296
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword

2. The R2 symbol for the new pithc location/swing feedback is a minor annoyance and I would like a toggle to have it off my already super clean screen when I play. Please.
I turned pitch location/swing feedback off and I haven't seen it. I've only got the scorebug turned on, otherwise my screen is completely clean. And if I press R2, I still get the pitch history.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »