Home

MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2015, 12:00 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Does Swing Influence still exist or has that been replaced by Directional?
I think the devs have said that swing influence never had any effect anyway! Directional clearly does.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #114
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2

With Pure Analog on, can I use directional hitting by pushing up on the stick diagonally - in between normal swing and contact swings?

Also, can preload a power swing or do I need to time the whole up and down motion - similar to previous years stride function?

Thanks
Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #115
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
I think the devs have said that swing influence never had any effect anyway! Directional clearly does.
Weird, it always worked for me!

Anyway: has swing influence been dropped entirely in light of the implementation of directional?

Or is swing influence still an option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #116
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

OVR: 0

I've gone thru this thread with a fine tooth comb, and I just wanna say thanks guys first of all. Your input has helped me tremendously!

Here's what I've figured out using directional hitting feature. What I've been doing with my RTTS guy is guessing a side of the plate and then setting my directional hitting interface to the opposite side of the plate. If I guess right on the direction of the pitch then I adjust my DH to that side as the pitch winds up. If I guess wrong I just leave it. If I get behind in the count I dont use DH and I just try to get the proper timing to swing.

When I started using DH I would guess and then try to adjust while the pitch was in mid flight and I just wasnt picking up the pitch type or pitch speed. As a result I struck out a lot. I hit a few HRs, but not at the clip I am now.

Since this adjustment with my plate approach I've hit 7 HRs in the NLCS. Before I could only go yard about once every 30 or more plate appearances. Now I'm more confident at the plate and the strategy behind DH has come to life for me. Honestly I'm not sure the approach I'm using is 100% the way it was intended, but it's working for me so far.

With that said... I love the new feature and all of its possibilities! Great work SCEA and thank again guys for all the feedback this thread offered. Hope this helps some of you!

Love, Live, Life and always game!

Last edited by TheBigTicket205; 04-04-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #117
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

Anyway: has swing influence been dropped entirely in light of the implementation of directional?

Placebo it was taken out of the game 2 out 3 years ago the rumble was still there though.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:01 PM   #118
Banned

Quote:

As zinger already told you, Swing influence hasn't been in the game for several years now. Completely a placebo.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:03 PM   #119
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
With Pure Analog on, can I use directional hitting by pushing up on the stick diagonally - in between normal swing and contact swings?

Also, can preload a power swing or do I need to time the whole up and down motion - similar to previous years stride function?

Thanks
They only time you can use directional hitting is when your hitting setting is set to "directional."

I'm not sure exactly what your second question is asking but there is no up and down motion this year for pure analog, as the game strides for you. Go up for a normal swing, down for power, and left or right for contact.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #120
Rookie

Am I at a disadvantage if I'm using zone just for timing and not actually using the direction feature?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »