Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #241
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Something awesome that I thought was a great addition when it was announced, but until you see it first hand is the fans spread out in the stadium how they would in real life. It's a thing of beauty. I started a fantasy draft franchise with the Rockies to pass the time until OSFM is released, and I'm playing at GABP and Reds fans are scarce in the upper deck and spread out on the lower level. It's something that doesn't mean a dang thing to the gameplay but adds to the immersion of franchise mode with teams who don't sell out every game. This area was a bit annoying the past few years in my Twins franchise and now it is fixed.

The game is just so solid. The lighting will take this game over the top. I'm waiting to play at Target Field until I start my Twins franchise. I just want to be surprised when I finally play a game there.

I tell ya if my few gripes with this game weren't taken out or could be patched back in I don't think I would play another game for a while.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #242
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

OVR: 0

The game is simply amazing!!!
Lighting makes such a big difference. Ballparks look much more realistic and alive.
New fielding animations were much needed and very welcome : look so much better now, again adding to the realism.

Same thing goes for pitching. More movement on fastballs, improved pitching motions....i love it.

Somehow hitting is different as i am not getting a lot of hits. Difference between fastballs and offspeed stuff has improved and really it really messes up my timing. Playing on same difficulty and sliders as 14 and am struggeling.
Again something i love.

They did a great job for this year's game.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #243
jej
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfdutch
The game is simply amazing!!!

Lighting makes such a big difference. Ballparks look much more realistic and alive.

New fielding animations were much needed and very welcome : look so much better now, again adding to the realism.

Same thing goes for pitching. More movement on fastballs, improved pitching motions....i love it.

Somehow hitting is different as i am not getting a lot of hits. Difference between fastballs and offspeed stuff has improved and really it really messes up my timing. Playing on same difficulty and sliders as 14 and am struggeling.

Again something i love.

They did a great job for this year's game.

Do you really like the pitching motions? I mean, I guess they are an improvement over the jerky, unrealistic garbage of the last few years (look at most of the "veteran windups" for examples) but they still look funky to me. Arm angles look way too stiff and straight, some guys look like they are lobbing it, etc..
Old 04-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #244
MVP

OVR: 15

fresh static snow.
cant get that song outta my head
Old 04-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #245
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jej
Do you really like the pitching motions? I mean, I guess they are an improvement over the jerky, unrealistic garbage of the last few years (look at most of the "veteran windups" for examples) but they still look funky to me. Arm angles look way too stiff and straight, some guys look like they are lobbing it, etc..
Don't like all of them but do see improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #246
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Whichever SCEA developer that put in the challenges this year, I wish I could just pay YOU money. It's bloody brilliant and I love the new feature.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #247
Rookie

First thing I noticed as I'm jumping into my first game, a disappointing amount of updated player headshots. Would it really be that hard to find a picture of Brian McCann (YANKEE) without a beard? Same with Chase Headley.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #248
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Still wish you could see how much someone wants in arbitration before you make the offer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »