Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

To SCEA,
all contact is not a warning track flyball.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #234
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Yeah, I hear you, its not a big pool of collected data and I am still trying to figure it out.

I played 5 games day one and 3 last night. But of those 8 I only had successful hits with the mariners vs verlander.

Of the other 7 games I am still hitting it. Hitting it is not the problem. Where it is being hit is the issue.

At the same time, the hit variety for the CPU is beautiful. I really dig the offense the CPU can put up and the sweet hit types.

Another thing that puzzled me, around the 8th inning when I was becoming sure the 3 sliders had no effect I decided to only go contact swing. I took 2 balls, fouled one off and then I hit a homer on the 4th pitch. Next at bat I flew out to the RF who didn't have to move. Then I hit a line drive at the 3B who made a wonderful reaction snag. With 2 outs I then hit a grounder between 1st and 2nd for a single. It was 8-1 cpu winning at this time and dynamic diff had been easing down. I think I am down to veteran - for batting now. Next batter lined out to the 2B.

I think I have struck out maybe 9 times in all the games I have played. Hitting is not the issue. Where it goes is.

Tonight I am going to zero those sliders and see if they are reversed.
If you max out your hitting sliders you will see poor hit variety as it's going to be skewed toward always making more solid contact.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #235
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
love the game as usual. i pitch and hit on broadcast view for the true "play like i'm watching on tv" experience. with that said i wish i could change just a few things:

1. removal of the XP notifications at the top of the screen
2. removal of the baserunning indicator icon
3. removal of the blue circle around the fielder with the ball
4. ability to disable the defensive shift icon that pops up every at bat it seems
5. sad to see the foul balls tracked into the stands has been decreased 95%

i'm in the minority...i'm a type of player who doesn't mind a single game to last 1.5 hours if it has to...i get to play the game once or twice a week due to time constraints and when i do get to play, i love the full lenghty game, like that on TV...it seems slightly too much "baseball" has been cut out IMO between pitches...hope that makes sense.

with that said, the first installment of the series on ps4 was worth the console purchase, no doubt...and this year's version adds many things that still make the previous version a coaster...i just named the negative things in my experience with the game, don't have time to write a war and peace novel of the good things
...was able to play more at home yesterday after work, boy is the gameplay great as ever and the the jump in the animation department is significant...so significant, i no longer want my usual auto fielding/manual throwing setup...the animations are great controlling everything manually this year!! ..which leads me to another thing i wish. playing with no fielding aids is my aim (play like i'm watching a real game on tv), but it is too hard for me, and the big baseball icon is an eyesore. i wish SCEA would have kept/brought back from the PS3 the big moving shadow (region marker??), i would have considered that a good compromise...ah well glad the 5000 tallies on the positive side outweigh the minor 10 tallies on the wishlist side.

Last edited by brrmikey; 04-02-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #236
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Thanks sink,

Ok I am going to readjust them and test some more.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #237
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Game is great as always, but I see there still the issue with no sense of urgency in a lot of situations. There's no need to tap your glove when there a close play to be made at first smh it's just annoying and has been this way for some time.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #238
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I agree acid,

I see the same thing around the bases, the CPU can get lackadaisical around the bases on offense and my player on defense will just be caught in his animation routine.

For example, CPU hit a double on me last night. I get it back in to 2nd and the CPU player stepped off the bag and then back on while my 2nd baseman just walked by him about 3 feet away and threw the ball back to the pitcher.

If you have fielding on full manual can you throw it around the horn post play? There have been situations where I throw it in ahead of the runner but then see the runner being lazy and I want to throw over to his occupied base but the game has "taken over" and just tosses the ball back to the pitcher.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #239
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

The developers nailed the lighting this year. Can't wait to copy some screenshots tonight. Played a game at Coors Field (May, 7 p.m.) and man, the shadows and sun glare were just as you'd experience if you were really there.

I've sat on the first base side many times during these games and it's very difficult to pick up the baseball when it's thrown to first base. You'll often see visiting teams' first baseman head into the dugout or have a trainer meet him on the field and bring out a darker pair of shades for him to wear until the sun sets behind the mountains. Really happy that SCEA got that aspect down pat in The Show.

Oh, and saw a great "little thing" last night. Foul ball dribbled down the third-base side. The 3B coach runs over, grabs the ball and flips it into the stands! Love that.

I am curious how Ramone affords to be sitting in the front row at every stadium ... he must have some good connections
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 04-02-2015, 12:59 PM   #240
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

I am more than impressed than I thought I was going to be. The game got more beautiful. We might not have the jersey moving all over the place, but Sony San Diego are bringing us an exceptional product. The brand equipment! Just WOW! WoW! Love it....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »