Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #225
Champ

Hilman11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH

Don't know about stats and franchise mode yet as I haven't got into it, but did not like having sveral different Spring training ballparks to play in, as I did notice that there was only 1 for Cactus and 1 for Florida, that's sucks, but I can live with it, even though Im one who play all my spring games.
I've been playing my spring training games in the minor league parks. Lots of variety there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #226
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilman11
I've been playing my spring training games in the minor league parks. Lots of variety there.
I love playing in the minor league parks. I miss playing in the old parks. I must must have played half my games in the old parks--especially Crosley Field.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:38 AM   #227
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
What difficulty setting are you on? I know for a fact at least some of the sliders work.
Dynamic difficulty.

The sliders I maxed were human timing, contact and solid hits. My bad in the previous post, I wrote I don't think the sliders work when I should have written I don't think these particular sliders are doing anything.

This is the odd thing, its not that I am not hitting the ball, its where it goes. If the cpu hits the ball in total 14 times, gets 8 very varied hits and the rest are fly or ground outs, I hit the ball 28 times but 10 times it flies right to a standing OF, 5 times grounds directly to 2nd, 4 times goes directly to 1st base, 3 times goes 2 feet in front of home plate, etc. the hits I get are either seeing eye singles between 1st and 2nd or line drives that fall in front of the OF.

Directional hitting. I turned off the pci but still have the camera move left/right.

When I make contact it "feels" and sounds like a good hit but then the cpu just stands there and waits for it to land right on them for the out.

I am having a tough time "hitting it where they ain't"

Last edited by BL8001; 04-02-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #228
MVP

OVR: 13

I really wish DD had quick counts. That is the one feature i can't live without and i would spend all my time (and much $$$) in DD if they put that in for next year.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #229
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm going to echo the statements of many here by saying that even after playing '14, this years game is so much better.

Being a Jays fan, I always felt that they never quite got the Rogers Centre right (ahem, SkyDome), but this year they absolutely nailed it. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it's incredible.

It's going to be a great summer!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #230
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggazoo
I'm going to echo the statements of many here by saying that even after playing '14, this years game is so much better.

Being a Jays fan, I always felt that they never quite got the Rogers Centre right (ahem, SkyDome), but this year they absolutely nailed it. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it's incredible.

It's going to be a great summer!
I agree with this, looks much better this year. Always felt it looked really drab too bad we won't see the option of having the roof closed for the remainder of the season.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #231
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Dynamic difficulty.

The sliders I maxed were human timing, contact and solid hits. My bad in the previous post, I wrote I don't think the sliders work when I should have written I don't think these particular sliders are doing anything.

This is the odd thing, its not that I am not hitting the ball, its where it goes. If the cpu hits the ball in total 14 times, gets 8 very varied hits and the rest are fly or ground outs, I hit the ball 28 times but 10 times it flies right to a standing OF, 5 times grounds directly to 2nd, 4 times goes directly to 1st base, 3 times goes 2 feet in front of home plate, etc. the hits I get are either seeing eye singles between 1st and 2nd or line drives that fall in front of the OF.

Directional hitting. I turned off the pci but still have the camera move left/right.

When I make contact it "feels" and sounds like a good hit but then the cpu just stands there and waits for it to land right on them for the out.

I am having a tough time "hitting it where they ain't"
Sounds like a classic case of bad baseball luck. The BABIP gods are against you. I'm sure the sliders probably work, just keep playing and see what happens. That's just how baseball is sometimes. You could crush 14 hits next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #232
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Yeah, I hear you, its not a big pool of collected data and I am still trying to figure it out.

I played 5 games day one and 3 last night. But of those 8 I only had successful hits with the mariners vs verlander.

Of the other 7 games I am still hitting it. Hitting it is not the problem. Where it is being hit is the issue.

At the same time, the hit variety for the CPU is beautiful. I really dig the offense the CPU can put up and the sweet hit types.

Another thing that puzzled me, around the 8th inning when I was becoming sure the 3 sliders had no effect I decided to only go contact swing. I took 2 balls, fouled one off and then I hit a homer on the 4th pitch. Next at bat I flew out to the RF who didn't have to move. Then I hit a line drive at the 3B who made a wonderful reaction snag. With 2 outs I then hit a grounder between 1st and 2nd for a single. It was 8-1 cpu winning at this time and dynamic diff had been easing down. I think I am down to veteran - for batting now. Next batter lined out to the 2B.

I think I have struck out maybe 9 times in all the games I have played. Hitting is not the issue. Where it goes is.

Tonight I am going to zero those sliders and see if they are reversed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »