Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #217
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

I honestly can't get enough of this game. Absolutely incredible.

If they get rid of the home run cam, I'd give it a perfect 10.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:45 AM   #218
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Really loving how the game plays and looks, although its that way every year, as these devs seem to always outdo themselves each year. I wish NBA2k and Madden devs were this good

Gameplay wise I cant find anything to not be happy with, love adding in sliders errors for OF/IF, I know that had been ask for in the past so glad to see it be put in.

I have noticed teams are more aggressive stealing bases, I always put this slider at max cause teams were aggressive enough, and now you can leave it at default setting.

Teams seem to make more errors with fielding at default slider and OF misplay balls. Seems harder to make good throws to in the IF, so that adds more errors, always had to bump up errors some cause AI never made enough, I think they might this yr and I know I will,lol.

I always lower strikes slider down cause it seem pitchers were throwing to many strikes, but at default this year they don't. Plus I like the tweaks to QC's, loved that feature last yr, as I now get realistic walks pitching and hitting, and QC tweaks on counts is better this year.

Played a game in the rain and you could barley see it rain, I think the rain could be a little harder at times, but obviously you don't want downpoors because that would cause a delay.

IM always happy with gameplay and graphics and this year is no different. Only complaints Ive ever had is the people who do pitcher repertoires do a bad job. But the new physics to pitching I love how the balls are breaking this year, and 4 seamers even move some and aren't perfectly straight.

The other complaint Ive always had is the stupid ridiculous names and looks of players, really wish this along with pitcher repertoires was improved upon. I do use OSFM so its not a huge issue, but I would like a franchise with fake minors to play along with the doing a OSFM chise. I don't like having to change so many players names and looks though, so I never doend up doing it.

Don't know about stats and franchise mode yet as I haven't got into it, but did not like having sveral different Spring training ballparks to play in, as I did notice that there was only 1 for Cactus and 1 for Florida, that's sucks, but I can live with it, even though Im one who play all my spring games.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-02-2015, 01:47 AM   #219
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Some quick thoughts since it's 12:30 a.m. and I've got work in less than 8 hours:

Decided to dive right in and start my season. I beat the Marlins 5-3 to get things started. I started fresh instead of importing my MLB 14 save. I may have to reconsider though. Man, I miss Heyward ... and Upton ... and ...

Graphics feel ... weird to me. But that's normal for me when I first play a new sports game. And I played a ton of MLB 14, so I'm used to it. Animations are much improved. It's a thing of beauty watching Andrelton pick it.

Weird bug: I'm using Catcher Classic 2 as both my hitting and pitching cam. When I'm pitching, the ball was gray, almost invisible, very hard to see. When I was hitting, it was bright white and easy to see.

Only one game, but the CPU seems like more of a threat on offense. I had to work my out of several jams.

I like a clean screen. The scorebug is all I've got showing, everything else is off. So it's a bit annoying to see the defensive positioning map pop up. I hope they can patch in a way to toggle it off.

It's going to take some getting used to seeing the ball off the bat now, but when I get used to it, I think I'm really going to like it.

Vasgerian and the PA guy called out "Melvin Upton Jr." Can't believe the team got the audio updated that fast.

Melvin Upton Jr. is a bench warmer in my dynasty.

I hated the main menus at first. But they grew on me quickly.

I love having the quick snapshot with the standings, league leaders, etc., on the season/franchise page. Well done.

Thank you for leaving the fantasy draft/cyber face trick in the game. From what I've seen, the cyber faces look really good this year.

I wish they kept the simple callout for pitches. I don't like seeing my swing feedback, but I miss having the red/blue for strikes/balls when I turn it off.

I don't really care about the radio show one way or the other, but it seemed well done for the part I listened to.

Gameplay felt really good. It's going to take me a few games to adjust to the new graphics.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #220
Pro

OVR: 9

It's probably already been said, but I really like the fact that you can earn cards for DD just by playing regular old exhibition games. 2k, Madden, and Fifa should all implement this.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:05 AM   #221
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Ok first impressions here we go.

Almost everyone has said it but the two things that you notice right away is the beautiful lighting and how much better the fielding works. It finally is coming to a point where you really have the feeling you're stick skills really make a difference. It's more challenging and so much more fun this year. This all combined with smoother transitions and more animations AND the long awaited cutoff button makes this "alone" putchase worthy imo.

The lighting combined with the shadows changing during the season really gives the stadiums a unique look every other time and makes me wanna try out every stadion every different month and time oh yeah thanks for giving us more starting times. Much requested feature of mine.

Ok before I make this way too long I'll point out some other things I noticed:

-Balls hang less, linedrives that used to get caught because of too much hang time are now hits!
-Directional hitting is great, I was getting high pitches one at bat so I tilted the cam up and boom he threw another high pitch and I hit it over the fence. Felt great.
-Grass and dirt look much improved (still hoping we get the 3d rendered grass during at bats and while pithing in '16) and the dirt drying out makes it all more vibrant.
-The camera doesn't follow all the foul balls anymore which is a good thing. Small things like this keep the pace going but there is still enough to enjoy if you're not a button basher
-I like the hidden pitch selection that you can call up with R2. I wish we could have this while pitching as well!
-The new camera cuts really enhance the broadcast feel, together with split screen and the more player emotions the presentation game has gone up.
-The new minor league stadiums are cool!
-The menus are slick and snappy.
-I've never been a licensed equipment guy but man does it look good and ads to the experience.

Some things I didn't like.

-I'm still seeing players morphing and tags through players. The last couple of years they said they've been working on this aspect but it still happens too many times to my liking. Hopefully next year if they implement HumanIK this will finally be a thing of the past.
-Again no quick counts option for live games
-Pure Analog batting taken out. I must say I'm not hating the new way too much and it has some advantages, like deciding to make a contact swing last second, but I'd rather still have it in.

Ok that's it for now.

Again great job SCEA, thanks for letting me show up way too tired at work.

Last edited by LastActionHero; 04-02-2015 at 02:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 02:15 AM   #222
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Hmmm...

10-games in & the camera hasn't followed a foul ball into the stands? I hear that fans will catch foul balls, but I haven't witnessed this?

The pitch...
The swing...
Foul ball leaves the screen...
Announcer "Ball hit down the line & into the crowd"...
Pause, then crowd sound like they're reacting to an incoming souvenir...
AND... Camera hasn't left me during any of this?

I check the reply & the fans gather & stand up to catch the ball, but the replay ends just before the ball reaches their extended arms???

NOT complaining here, I'm loving this title (always do)... maybe this is an attempt to speed games along? Just seems to contradict what I've read & actually seen during the Twitch broadcasts...

And, yes... I'm using "Broadcast" presentation (broadcast offensive & defensive camera views too) & not "fast play"

Am I missing something?

-GW-

I noticed this last year has while but I think it is worse this year. It sucks not seeing the foul balls to because when you hit a ball hard and far its nice to see just how close it was to being a HR or a double had the ball been fair.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #223
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550
Disappointed that catchers still have superhuman reaction speed on little choppers in front of the plate. It's been a problem the last 2 or 3 years and hasn't changed this year. No catcher should be able to field a chopper out in front of the plate and tag the batter before he gets two steps out of the box, especially a left-handed batter. That just should not happen ever, and it already happened within the first 4 games I played. Was one of my biggest peeves from previous years and it's still there. :\
Been one of my biggest annoyances in MLB TS and thought it was finally going to be fixed after it was mentioned in one of the streams but sadly its still the same.

I just got the crushing trophy and now that the ps4 takes a picture when you earn it i have a picture of the catcher in front of the hitter, the hitter got tagged out by running into the back of the catcher.
Catcher was up and had his mask off before the batter finished his follow thru.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:43 AM   #224
Pro

OVR: 6

The game is just down right excellent. I've been playing on default "legend" and I've had some varied games. I've won 10-7, I had a perfect game thrown against me, I've lost 11-1, I've won close games like a 4-2 contest against the pirates last night.

One of the biggest things I noticed is the variance between baserunner speed. Slow guys actually feel slow now and you can take your time on infield plays. Fast guys are FAST and pressure the defense. Excellent change widening the speed gap between players.

Just an excellent all around game. I really only play baseball and football games and my god the difference between The Show and the Football game we get every year is just night and day.

"A" grade for the Show. 9/10 if not 10/10. Bravo!
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »