Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #193
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Does anyone else PS4 get really loud while playing this game? I have the disc version.
Mine gets loud. No where near as loud as it did for 14 though.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #194
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Yes this is ridiculously annoying. They took out the foul ball camera option in the game play options. That is the reason they do not follow foul balls. All of the other iterations of the game had the choice between the camera following foul balls, or not.

The game is absolutely awesome. It is such a breath of fresh air that the colors finally pop, and don't look washed out. The gameplay is always good so honestly I don't even think that needs talking about. There are just so many good things with the game that we all know, but there are also a few negatives that are aggrevating me quite a bit. Sadly they are all options that are missing and some people care about them while others don't.

I know SCEA prides themselves on customization and not taking anything out of the game. However, that hasn't held true in my situation. Some of these taken out options include:

1. Slow play taken out (MLB 14)

2. Camera following foul ball option taken out (MLB 15)

3. Pitch feedback without swing feedback option. Instead when you have this option on, you are forced to have swing feedback with the pitch location. I don't want the swing feedback. The workaround is to hit R2 after the pitch but it'd be nice to just see it on screen after the pitch. (MLB 15)

These are just a few things and may not seem important to some, but this is how I had played the game since I started back in 2010. It's very hard to transition to new settings, but I'm forced to because SCEA took them out. I can't even describe how hard it was to have to use normal speed instead of slow last year. The lack of a foul ball camera really takes the immersion of the game out this year. It's just something so small but added a lot to my experience. For real games on TV they always show foul balls and fans going after them. I just don't like being forced to look at the batter after hitting or pitching to a batter who hits a foul ball.

There are so many great things with this game, but it's been that way for years and will continue to stay that way. What's crappy though is the negatives stand out and the issues above are my major ones. I can deal with glitches and little bugs coming out along the way, but options being taken out of the game are very aggravating. If this is due to trying to speed up the game I understand that aspect. However, don't punish the people who prefer the slower pace of a game which in all actuality represents the sport the best. That's why we have options. SCEA is so great at customization, but it's a shame that all of the options they've taken out, I've used. I still love the game and will continue to play but it would be nice if these settings were all in the game.
The hell? Is slow actually still gone? Oh man that sucks. I thought they were gonna put that back in! it killed 14 for me in certain situations where I just wanted to chill out with the game.

I got one game in here and the stadiums and grass are finally looking good. Room for improvement still but I can deal with this version in that regard. I couldn't barely deal with 14 and I actually bought that one. This is like a beta for me where 14 was pre-alpha. 16 gonna be the real feast I can feel it. I didn't to diddle with options or anything but I could just see the improvement in lighting and stadiums and grass as well the dirt and colors were more accurate.

I REALLY hope those people that used to think this was not a problem can see just how bad it looked before.

One thing is for certain: they NEED to dump the PS3 version for 16 PERIOD. This game will sail if they do.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 04-01-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #195
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Week 2, first big cpu trade

E.Longoria for J.Lester
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #196
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7

Biggest complaint so far is the difference in pitch speed, on 10 everything is very very slow in coming to the plate, I have a ton of time to decide to swing unlike in previous versions. for the most part the game is great other than that once you get a good slider set going. Default slider as always are useless
Old 04-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #197
Rookie

Things seem better put together with visuals and mechanics. Had a problem at first installing, but Uninstalled and tried again worked fine. Not sure I like directional hitting probably go back to using pci but not an issue. Soundtrack is weak so far but spotify is here so oh well.. don't like some of their potential ratings and ratings in general for my mariners. Haven't tried online that's the big thing left on my to do list..happy tater hitting everyone
Old 04-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Rest Mode was made for this game! Loving being able put the controller down and come back to my game as time permits.
I agree great feature in general and for the show
Old 04-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #199
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

I am having so much fun with this game, it's beautiful , gameplay is great. We say all the time, no sports game can be perfect but wow best Show I've played and I've played since Laser Show was in cover.1. How cool is it on a party cloudy day, that the lighting changes as you play ?

2. Quick counts has been great, plus as a guy who has struggled as a hitter, I can artificially work counts, get walks, up pitch counts because let's face it, if you can hit my god how much more fun is this game ?

3.the sounds, the animations are just so detailed, it just immerses you.

4. I have not started franchise but if The Show could have a MY League where you can have ability to be commissioner and veto trades ? Would be awesome.

5.the Dynamic pitch breaks are well done, I really have had a easier time reading pitches but because no pitch breaks exactly the same it keeps it a challenge which is a good thing.

6. I still think runners are a bit too aggressive but I'm sure sliders can take care of that
Starting franchise tonight will post more impressions later
Old 04-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #200
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
i'm in the same position with the anniversary edition. Its been 2 hrs and I'm only a quarter of the way.
Sure you probably know by now mine did same.had to Uninstalled then eject, put back in and reinstalled. Worked after and didn't take longer then 15 minutes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »