Home

MLB 15 The Show: Reviewer Day One Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Reviewer Day One Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #17
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
For the most part I agree with what most people have already shared. There aren't any cons to me to be honest. One minor thing is that I enjoyed last year's soundtrack compared to this year's but other than that this is the best sports game we have out now IMO..
Old 04-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #18
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Reviewer Day One Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
"The Show seems so comfortable in its own skin that it seems uncomfortable with the idea of leaving it behind."

It left pure analog enthusiasts way behind this year....... great game I'm gonna love it regardless but this was a mistake IMO.

Please please please mention the changes to analog batting in your full review. I know from reading the forums that for users of the system it's not being well received. We need it to be mentioned so that the developers take note and hopefully bring it back next year. It was the most realistic way of hitting and it was even promoted as such in the media in 2011 when it was introduced as pointed out by a os member in the forums. We really need it as an option.
As an analog user myself, I'm sure it will be brought up. It definitely is frustrating.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Reviewer Day One Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I kinda disagree with some of your cons.

- The AI in the outfield is the best I've seen this year. It's actually incredibly fun to watch and play the fielding in this year's game.

- In the 4 games I've played so far, the pitcher's dodge balls that come right for their head. I know the rebounds off pitchers happened alot last year, but I'm not seeing it this year yet. That will probably change though.

- I am happy to say I haven't experienced any framerate issues. I thought there were some watching Twitch streams but actually playing the game is silky smooth.

Same here, love how the OF tracks down balls this year, and they even put in a IF/OF slider for errors, which I know had been ask for a few years back, so glad they finally were able to get it in.

IMO what makes MLBTS so good every year is they don't try to reinvent the wheel, or try to add too much like you see with NBA2k or Madden, and that's why they don't typically have major bugs that ruin the game like those 2 games do every year.

Id much rather see a game enhance and improve each year and it be done right as have a game company that tries ot sell a bunch of new stuff only to find out it was half assed and glitched, along with lies, which is what NBA2k does to people basically every year.

I hope MLBTS devs continue on how they have did things and don't let the dam crybabies that will complain no matter whatm ake them decide to try and add more in a years time. I want it done right the 1st time, and while bugs do get thru these devs have always been good at fixing, unlike other companies Ive mentioned.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #20
Rookie

dholland's Arena

OVR: 0
What aboot online, it was their Achilles heel last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »