Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #177
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

As I played MLB 14 all winter, I told myself this was the year I was going to wait for a price drop/patch before buying.

Yeah, my resistance lasted all of a day after reading this thread. Picked 15 up on my lunch break. I'll have some impressions tonight.

I hate you all for breaking me.

Spoiler
Old 04-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgd89
Can someone help me please, does this game support offline co op mode? I want to play with my friend franchise mode offline against AI?
You can use the shareplay feature if both are online and both wanna play your offline franchise.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #179
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Hmmm...

10-games in & the camera hasn't followed a foul ball into the stands? I hear that fans will catch foul balls, but I haven't witnessed this?

The pitch...
The swing...
Foul ball leaves the screen...
Announcer "Ball hit down the line & into the crowd"...
Pause, then crowd sound like they're reacting to an incoming souvenir...
AND... Camera hasn't left me during any of this?

I check the reply & the fans gather & stand up to catch the ball, but the replay ends just before the ball reaches their extended arms???

NOT complaining here, I'm loving this title (always do)... maybe this is an attempt to speed games along? Just seems to contradict what I've read & actually seen during the Twitch broadcasts...

And, yes... I'm using "Broadcast" presentation (broadcast offensive & defensive camera views too) & not "fast play"

Am I missing something?

-GW-
Yes this is ridiculously annoying. They took out the foul ball camera option in the game play options. That is the reason they do not follow foul balls. All of the other iterations of the game had the choice between the camera following foul balls, or not.

The game is absolutely awesome. It is such a breath of fresh air that the colors finally pop, and don't look washed out. The gameplay is always good so honestly I don't even think that needs talking about. There are just so many good things with the game that we all know, but there are also a few negatives that are aggrevating me quite a bit. Sadly they are all options that are missing and some people care about them while others don't.

I know SCEA prides themselves on customization and not taking anything out of the game. However, that hasn't held true in my situation. Some of these taken out options include:

1. Slow play taken out (MLB 14)

2. Camera following foul ball option taken out (MLB 15)

3. Pitch feedback without swing feedback option. Instead when you have this option on, you are forced to have swing feedback with the pitch location. I don't want the swing feedback. The workaround is to hit R2 after the pitch but it'd be nice to just see it on screen after the pitch. (MLB 15)

These are just a few things and may not seem important to some, but this is how I had played the game since I started back in 2010. It's very hard to transition to new settings, but I'm forced to because SCEA took them out. I can't even describe how hard it was to have to use normal speed instead of slow last year. The lack of a foul ball camera really takes the immersion of the game out this year. It's just something so small but added a lot to my experience. For real games on TV they always show foul balls and fans going after them. I just don't like being forced to look at the batter after hitting or pitching to a batter who hits a foul ball.

There are so many great things with this game, but it's been that way for years and will continue to stay that way. What's crappy though is the negatives stand out and the issues above are my major ones. I can deal with glitches and little bugs coming out along the way, but options being taken out of the game are very aggravating. If this is due to trying to speed up the game I understand that aspect. However, don't punish the people who prefer the slower pace of a game which in all actuality represents the sport the best. That's why we have options. SCEA is so great at customization, but it's a shame that all of the options they've taken out, I've used. I still love the game and will continue to play but it would be nice if these settings were all in the game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 04-01-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #180
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Yes this is ridiculously annoying. They took out the foul ball camera option in the game play options. That is the reason they do not follow foul balls. All of the other iterations of the game had the choice between the camera following foul balls, or not.

The game is absolutely awesome. It is such a breath of fresh air that the colors finally pop, and don't look washed out. The gameplay is always good so honestly I don't even think that needs talking about. There are just so many good things with the game that we all know, but there are also a few negatives that are aggrevating me quite a bit. Sadly they are all options that are missing and some people care about them while others don't.

I know SCEA prides themselves on customization and not taking anything out of the game. However, that hasn't held true in my situation. Some of these taken out options include:

1. Slow play taken out (MLB 14)

2. Camera following foul ball option taken out (MLB 15)

3. Pitch feedback without swing feedback option. Instead when you have this option on, you are forced to have swing feedback with the pitch location. I don't want the swing feedback. The workaround is to hit R2 after the pitch but it'd be nice to just see it on screen after the pitch. (MLB 15)

These are just a few things and may not seem important to some, but this is how I had played the game since I started back in 2010. It's very hard to transition to new settings, but I'm forced to because SCEA took them out. I can't even describe how hard it was to have to use normal speed instead of slow last year. The lack of a foul ball camera really takes the immersion of the game out this year. It's just something so small but added a lot to my experience. For real games on TV they always show foul balls and fans going after them. I just cannot stand looking at the batter.

There are so many great things with this game, but it's been that way for years and will continue to stay that way. What's crappy though is the negatives stand out and the issues above are my major ones. I can deal with glitches and little bugs coming out along the way, but options being taken out of the game are very aggravating. I still love the game and will continue to play but it would be nice if these settings were all in the game.

Ha! Didn't mean to get you going bwiggy33...

Wust checking to see if this is a patch-able glitch? If a setting I selected caused this? Or, a feature which has been taken out... either is OK with me :-)

-GW-
Old 04-01-2015, 01:49 PM   #181
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550
Disappointed that catchers still have superhuman reaction speed on little choppers in front of the plate. It's been a problem the last 2 or 3 years and hasn't changed this year. No catcher should be able to field a chopper out in front of the plate and tag the batter before he gets two steps out of the box, especially a left-handed batter. That just should not happen ever, and it already happened within the first 4 games I played. Was one of my biggest peeves from previous years and it's still there. :\
Thats strange, because I've had the issue where the catcher takes forever to move out of his box to field a grounder in front of the plate, but also had them spring out like a cat.

In general, after playing a few more games last night, I've come down a bit on my "fielding is amazing" praise. The infield in particular still feels a bit wonky, and infielders are still far too ****** on deep balls at their positions.

I didnt appreciate seeing hard hit grounders being fielded too slowly/******ly by infielders in 14, resulting in infield singles on what should be outs, and even with the supposed "realistic" baserunning to first, I saw it happen a couple of times last night. It seems shortstops in particular still have a hard time fielding balls deep in their hole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #182
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

This game is amazing. Engrossing. But if there is a way to practice baserunning (default) then please clue me in, because I am HORRIBLE at baserunning. I'm tempted to put it on autobaserunning.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #183
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Ha! Didn't mean to get you going bwiggy33...

Wust checking to see if this is a patch-able glitch? If a setting I selected caused this? Or, a feature which has been taken out... either is OK with me :-)

-GW-
Oh you didn't get me going. I was coming on here to post exactly what I did (to provide my first impressions with this game) but since I saw your post above I decided to reply to it. I'm hoping the foul ball camera can be patched as well. That would really help a lot. But yes I do think it's the fact the option was taken out of the game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #184
Pro

OVR: 7

love the game as usual. i pitch and hit on broadcast view for the true "play like i'm watching on tv" experience. with that said i wish i could change just a few things:

1. removal of the XP notifications at the top of the screen
2. removal of the baserunning indicator icon
3. removal of the blue circle around the fielder with the ball
4. ability to disable the defensive shift icon that pops up every at bat it seems
5. sad to see the foul balls tracked into the stands has been decreased 95%

i'm in the minority...i'm a type of player who doesn't mind a single game to last 1.5 hours if it has to...i get to play the game once or twice a week due to time constraints and when i do get to play, i love the full lenghty game, like that on TV...it seems slightly too much "baseball" has been cut out IMO between pitches...hope that makes sense.

with that said, the first installment of the series on ps4 was worth the console purchase, no doubt...and this year's version adds many things that still make the previous version a coaster...i just named the negative things in my experience with the game, don't have time to write a war and peace novel of the good things

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »