Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #169
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

I've only played a few innings so far but coming from '14 on the PS3 to '15 on the PS4 . . . wow.

Lighting, graphics, crowds, stadiums, just gorgeous.

Defense feels . . . tighter, for lack of a better word. Definitely an improvement, looking forward to actually playing defense more than ever before. Also appreciate the change to CPU defense as well, had a long fly ball last night that went for a double thanks to the CPU OF's route.

New pitch breaks are great, a very welcome addition.

I had to buy '14 on PS4 to carry over my franchise save, but that's all seemed to work very smoothly so far. There are a fair number of guys missing from the game, hopefully that's something that gets cleared up.

I do have to send a very hearty "darn you to heck!" to all the people who have been clamoring for years for that split second delay after the batter makes contact. It's kind of driving me nuts right now.

Directional hitting is a great addition. Might be a while before I feel the full effect of it, but I love that we have that option now.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #170
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan3026
Which stance is Ken Griffey Jr's among the legends stances?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #171
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I have never seen this before and I played 3 years last year in my franchise, but I simmed a year a head just to mess around and I got offered trades 4 times in the off season. Has anybody seen this before 15?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #172
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3

Hmmm...

10-games in & the camera hasn't followed a foul ball into the stands? I hear that fans will catch foul balls, but I haven't witnessed this?

The pitch...
The swing...
Foul ball leaves the screen...
Announcer "Ball hit down the line & into the crowd"...
Pause, then crowd sound like they're reacting to an incoming souvenir...
AND... Camera hasn't left me during any of this?

I check the reply & the fans gather & stand up to catch the ball, but the replay ends just before the ball reaches their extended arms???

NOT complaining here, I'm loving this title (always do)... maybe this is an attempt to speed games along? Just seems to contradict what I've read & actually seen during the Twitch broadcasts...

And, yes... I'm using "Broadcast" presentation (broadcast offensive & defensive camera views too) & not "fast play"

Am I missing something?

-GW-
Old 04-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #173
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz

- The default base running is a little easier to understand this year but I always end up fumbling with the controller more than not. I had two guys take off on a double steal last night and I am not sure how I even sent them. I then struggled and could not get them back to base and one was doubled up to end the inning.

Brother, I have struggled with base running with every baseball video game I've ever played, from RBI Baseball (Nintendo); to Tommy Lasorda & World Series Baseball (Genesis); to MLB on Playstation to now. It is what it is. LOLOL

That said, I LOVE the little symbol with the L-stick with the little arrows. That DOES help me quite a bit!
Old 04-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 0
Still no word on not getting gold loyalty. Tried tweeting at the show and talking to ps chat which they recommended and nothing. Is there anyway or time that we are going to be abe to get this? I know it's small but was looking forward to that
Old 04-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #175
MVP

Number999's Arena

A bit disappointed at the stat depth in Franchise.

Just gives the 2014 stats and then the totals. Anyone know if after the 1st season it keeps track of stats year through year like 2015, 2016, etc..?
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #176
Rookie

adamh6262's Arena

I only got to play the royals-giants game so far while the game was installing but during the game I laid down a bunt and got a base hit, i noticed that the fielders were slow while trying to get to the ball so i did it again, and again safe. I got bunt singles like 5 straight at bats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »