Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 AM   #145
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

didn't quite get much time with game in, but did see the lighting in Malrins park for my first game i started but didnt finish.

sun was splashing off the left field roof area and looked freaking awesome. Grass color and texture are vastly improved... even from a distance after a play is over i saw it in the background and it now actually looks like grass and not a indoor outdoor carpet lol...

heard some new lines of commentary loved it... mentioned my team and where they were in the standings. got my first challenge and trophy in the first play of the game.

you can now see the ball coming off the bat, and see where it is headed. dont remember seeing this really much in 14 before camera cut to fielding.

like i said i still have a lot to do.. spent most of my time with it (4 hrs) in batting practice. Which im glad i did, i need a lot of it... with the new breaks on pitches etc...

so far the only complaint i would have if it were one... is we need more instant replays now at second, and home plate... nice to see at first but this really needs to be expanded

oh one more thing love the new throw through on steals... feels much more like a real game on tv... love it... thank you very much SDS!!!!

still would love to see in years to come instant replay expanded on steal attempts and plays at home plate... but over all in just the few minutes spent with this game outside of batting practice was freaking awesome...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #146
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I commented on this a few days ago (got the game early) hair. Sleeves. long hair. Look at the grass right before you pick a pitch then right after. The resolution changes or something.
WOW you are right. I just noticed the grass field changes from high res to low res when you select the pitch type to throw

WTF? So when pitching from behind the pitcher as I believe most do the resolution goes from PS4 to PS2 graphics and the hair as well.

I am using CC Sabathia at the Angels and when I select the pitch the green grass turns blurry from the high res it was before I select the pitch

This happens for the hair and beards as well.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #147
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
WOW you are right. I just noticed the grass field changes from high res to low res when you select the pitch type to throw

WTF? So when pitching from behind the pitcher as I believe most do the resolution goes from PS4 to PS2 graphics and the hair as well.

I am using CC Sabathia at the Angels and when I select the pitch the green grass turns blurry from the high res it was before I select the pitch

This happens for the hair and beards as well.

I read this a few posts ago...

"Say it ain't so...say it ain't so!"

Irregardless (not a word - but in a Ben Affleck voice), I don't freaking care...I still will be picking this up today.
#patchit
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes, the grass changes to flat. You can keep checking it by stepping off the mound and reselecting the pitch. The wider LAD broadcast view does not show it but if you go to outfield, pitcher view (especially) and other behind pitcher views, it downgrades. Maybe to reduce stuttering? We need a higher end graphics card like found in the PC (PS5). I am sure the develop team struggles with frame rate issues.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #149
Rookie

RobbieMacc's Arena

OVR: 1

Initial impressions of The Show are all positive. Having played this game for years I really notice the small enhancements the most. First the fielding. I have had a few balls fly over the heads of my outfielders but really can only blame myself for that...I'm digging the lack of "fielder suction" or whatever it may be referred to as. Additionally I've noticed several new animations, some during play and some after. For example, Andrelton Simmons while walking the ball back to the infield would fake a throw to first, nice touch. The fielding feels better this year and so far can't really complain about anything, just need to adjust. Slide step is SWEET, I probably won't use it too much but did manage to throw someone out using it.

Second the lighting. I really can't say much about this except WOW. I read a lot of posts about how the streams didn't do it justice and my my were those correct. The game is gorgeous and with the new color enhancements I really feel like I'm playing on a PS4. Also the new pitcher/batter interface is clean, took some getting used to but I like the changes. I still don't know how I feel about the new ball trail when pitching. I'm using it now and think I'm getting used to it but at least the option is there to turn it off or revert back to the classic way.

I am a franchise guy so I really haven't, probably won't, dig too much into RTTS or DD, but with that said the new card system does have me intrigued. I am more inclined to dabble in DD now than ever before.

As for franchise, I've only played one game but did get to listen to the radio show and I think it's a nice addition. Doesn't provide anything earth shattering but I like having more of a "connection" with what's going on around the league.

Game is great.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #150
MVP

OVR: 8

Does anyone know of a way to turn off the HR Celebration Camera? I can't stand it but can't figure out how to turn it off.

Also quick impressions:

- Pitcher Windups looks MUCH improved. Still not as good as the old 2k games, but much better than any previous show games.

- Commentary is also much better - it seems toned down and simpler.

- Ball physics are awesome most of the time, but saw some funky stuff when I played online. Also throws from Outfield back into the Infield after an out is made seem to go 900 mph.

- Game is terrific for Vita, as well - wish they hadnt removed the walkups but it may have been a sacrifice to get all of the player heads in - memory constraints.

- As others have said - lighting / stadiums look terrific in PS4

Last edited by Flaxseed Oil; 04-01-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #151
MVP

OVR: 34

Been playing on All Star-Analog Controls

Analog throwing controls in the field are much more user friendly. LAst year, I could not use them. I also like the change in analog hitting. I was afraid it would make it too easy, but havent found that to be the case.

CPU made 3 errors! Nice to see that not every CPU infielder is damn Ozzie Smith.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #152
Rookie

CurlyDub34's Arena

OVR: 0

I really really like how the players perform pop up slides now and when they dive head first they still get up rather quickly. It has always bothered me how it would take 5 seconds to get up and it would prevent you from not taking the extra base(super unrealistic). I also like the changes made to DD. I've never gotten into the mode before, but after just 2 games this year, I'm hooked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »