Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #601
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Uhh sounds like you were the idiot who bet thousands on a video game after a patch without practicing first.
It's okay, with that last post he made he won't be posting here long and can get all the help he obviously needs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #602
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesohgames
I just played another match for $30 on gamersaloon. I played A1 perfect defense. Best defense possible. My opponent shot 14-25 from 3 and that was a bad shooting game from him. He was making 3s all in my face with curry and thompson. I pray that the person who made this last patch dies. I pray that they have cancer and death karma. I pray that they slowly die for ruining a game so bad. This person has costed me thousands. Anyone who believes in God needs to pray with me. I am a strong believer of God and have prayed with all my might that the person who released this stupid motherfu,c,king patch suffers and dies slow for not thinking before releasing this patch.
your stories are starting to get suspicious, here you go ..stop it already.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #603
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesohgames
I just played another match for $30 on gamersaloon. I played A1 perfect defense. Best defense possible. My opponent shot 14-25 from 3 and that was a bad shooting game from him. He was making 3s all in my face with curry and thompson. I pray that the person who made this last patch dies. I pray that they have cancer and death karma. I pray that they slowly die for ruining a game so bad. This person has costed me thousands. Anyone who believes in God needs to pray with me. I am a strong believer of God and have prayed with all my might that the person who released this stupid motherfu,c,king patch suffers and dies slow for not thinking before releasing this patch.
Man, here I am going to school to get a good job when I could make a living just playing you and taking your money.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #604
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Does 2K have more then one person test out the patches before releasing? I don't see how almost every year they release a patch that screws something up. I learned from pasts years not to download patches on day 1 and take ppl's impressions on day 1 not so seriously. I appreciate my non patch 4 game even more after seeing so many ppl complain. I'm also still waiting for more ppl to sim for 5 years and see if good players are getting $500,000 contracts.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #605
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Said it before, but my biggest gripe with patch #4 is that it took away the strategy of playing the percentages and picking your poison on defense....I think this is the first 2k game since maybe 2K11 where that was implemented properly. I feel like I have to close out hard to just about everyone now. Like Mike said, it does look like contested %'s have gone down, but it's made defense more 'gamey' than realistic IMO.....besides blocking and bail out fouls I didn't have many issues defensively pre patch...
Instead of complaining about it nonstop, why not go back to playing 2K11 then? I mean, these people are human. They screw things up. It happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #606
Rookie

When the patch coming up for xbox one?
Old 03-25-2015, 03:27 PM   #607
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Played 2 games tonight and shooting percentages for all 4 teams were over 50%. I think the biggest thing I'm noticing that is causing the higher FG% isn't so much the tweaked success rate of shots, it's that staying in front of your man on D is a lot tougher.

I played the Golden State at Portland game and lost 110-102. In the first half I held the Blazers to under 40% from the field. In the second half, they scored a ton of points in the paint on drives to the hoop and offensive rebounds. They shot something crazy like 65% for the half, but again, most of those were close range. Lillard blew past me a ton of times and the help D was nowhere to be found. The first half, he wasn't looking to drive as much. Aldridge did work in the post and mid-range.

In my first game, Charlotte at Minnesota, the T-Wolves just had one of those games. Hitting 3's and seemingly every shot when the shot clock wound down. They shot 52% and I was at 55% and still lost by 16.

So yeah, more shots are falling but if you can contest and guard tough, the percentages stay realistic, at least on real FG%. It's when the blow-boy's start happening that the floor opens up and shots fall from all over the place.

This was all on All-Star/Simulation with no slider adjustments.
This still sounds promising to me DJ. Thanks for your impressions. I strictly play on ball defense and switch to whomever the ball is passed to. I also use the Sixers so it should hopefully still be challenging to win regardless..lol. I'm a little nervous that some are saying it's even tougher to control your guy on defense as I felt my guy was constantly moving or re-adjusting before patch 4.

To you, CaseIH, etc: Do you feel that you guys have better control of your guy on offense? Did they reduce automations (animations that often take too long to carry out leaving you out of control) and shorten up the animations so you have a little more control when moving with the ball?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 03-27-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #608
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Instead of complaining about it nonstop, why not go back to playing 2K11 then? I mean, these people are human. They screw things up. It happens.

Because I'm playing 2K15, and enjoying myself.....even if I give feedback on it. I also point out what I enjoy about the game...

Don't want to be one of those guys who spend all their time on the forum *****ing about every aspect of the game....then get upset when something is tweaked. I'm sure you know those types of guys...................

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-25-2015 at 03:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »