Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2015, 01:57 AM   #585
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I am an offline guy, too. For defense, I typically only control the PG or if I miss a shot, whatever player it was that took the shot. No switching when the CPU has the ball.

I'm not going to panic yet, but if the trend continues I'll have to either adjust sliders (which I am trying to avoid) or start playing off-ball defense.

I have even tried off ball, and you just slide around way to much to where its hard to get your guys to do what you want them to do whether guarding the ball which is how I tend to play or off ball, cause when you go to help on D you cant seem to get the player in the right spot cause he will slide.

I have messed with speed slider, I really liked how it played at 50 until this last patch, as I had both speed and quickness at 50. Lowering them to much hurts the game, and trying to walk the ball up the court, but now at 50 its too fast.

Speed at 45 and quickness at 50, is the best I have found. Maybe its just me, but I felt lowering quickness hurt blocking shots, and the game isn't getting enough blocked shots the way it was before the patch, and even worse now.

Funny on the old console in NBA2k15 shot blocking was actually better, and you could get teams to have big night to where they blocked shots. I just switched to the new console a couple weeks ago and before this last pacth I loved gameplay except for not enough blocked shots, now IM not enjoying gameplay nearly as much.

I hate to get upset with the NBA2k devs for trying to improve things this late, but the gameplay was fine, other than not enough block shots. The real problem was in MY League, and My GM where FA disappear if not on ateam at the end of the season. That imo was more important to fix.

It seems us guys that play My League, My GM, basically the offline guys who are still the majority who buy the game get a raw deal every year to where things that are broke ruin the game, but yet they will try to please the crybabies that play online, and your never going to please them, cause 2k cant control how another human plays, and you will always have idiot kids not playing the right way which will ruin the online experience.

Not saying everyone that plays online is a whiner, cause I know some here want a realistic experience. The fact is online will never be perfect because of the morons who cry if they lose and blame the game and the guy they are playing for why they lost.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 05:20 AM   #586
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Or, ya know, they could patch the issues that need fixing and not mess up the things that don't.

Oh, lol.

Well if we're using this fantasy universe scenario were humans have complete mastery over technology....the game would be perfect upon release and wouldn't need patching in the first place....but oh, lol, we live on Earth...
Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 AM   #587
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Said it before, but my biggest gripe with patch #4 is that it took away the strategy of playing the percentages and picking your poison on defense....I think this is the first 2k game since maybe 2K11 where that was implemented properly. I feel like I have to close out hard to just about everyone now. Like Mike said, it does look like contested %'s have gone down, but it's made defense more 'gamey' than realistic IMO.....besides blocking and bail out fouls I didn't have many issues defensively pre patch...
Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #588
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Look, I realize offline guys can MAYBE get things back to how they were before by tweaking sliders, etc. But they shouldn't have to.

Many have spent a ton of time getting things just right. And now 2K decides to release a patch that improves some stuff, but screws other stuff up? That's just unacceptable IMO.
Yeah those poor guys that have been able to tweak their game with sliders all this time to get the game perfect. Imagine the rest of us wanting a game that isn't a mess, but yet don't have access to those same sliders - like those of us that play career only.

I'd hate for you to have the inconvenience of moving stuff left and right on a slider, just so some of us get a game that's enjoyable and not a baffling chore.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #589
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

overall, i like the idea behind the shooting changes - i like that there is now a much bigger difference between the success rate of open and contested shots (as Beluba confirmed, prior to the patch there was pretty minimal difference between an open shot and a contested one - only 10 percent).

in the end, the new shooting percentages reward open shots more and punish contested shots more, which rewards the player who works to get good shots…and that's a positive no matter how you look at it.

i do feel like they skewed the percentage a bit too much. 60% feels a bit too high for open shots (maybe 55% would've been a bit better), but 60% works.

on the other hand, the issue of "all perfect release shots going in" is just terrible. I don't know how they ever decided to put that in the game. it just goes against all that the game should be about…it makes success more about release timing than shot quality. A perfect release should not be able to override a heavy contest.

Last edited by blues rocker; 03-25-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #590
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Said it before, but my biggest gripe with patch #4 is that it took away the strategy of playing the percentages and picking your poison on defense....I think this is the first 2k game since maybe 2K11 where that was implemented properly. I feel like I have to close out hard to just about everyone now. Like Mike said, it does look like contested %'s have gone down, but it's made defense more 'gamey' than realistic IMO.....besides blocking and bail out fouls I didn't have many issues defensively pre patch...
24th gets it as usual. The gameplay for 2k15 pre patch 4 was sublime aside from cheap bailout fouls. 2k15 is the first game since 2k11 were strategy and skill prevails when two evenly matched opponents square off. I am speaking as an observer of patch 4 being on xb1, but I'm afraid that the patch has made a skill and strategy based game into a gimmicky game based on green release mastery. based on what I'm reading, we can no longer sag off the likes of Tony allen and Rondo? What's the point of POE defense and defensive settings if we now have to account for an entire starting 5 as shooting threats because of some ridic 60% shot heuristic configuration for open shots no matter the quality of shooter? Again this is based on observation and will withold judgement pending the patch on xb1. The only saving grace has been watching HOF sim online user v user gameplay on twitch post patch that clearly shows that contested shots don't fall as much on that level...the only level that I know.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 03-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #591
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
overall, i like the idea behind the shooting changes - i like that there is now a much bigger difference between the success rate of open and contested shots (as Beluba confirmed, prior to the patch there was pretty minimal difference between an open shot and a contested one - only 10 percent).

in the end, the new shooting percentages reward open shots more and punish contested shots more, which rewards the player who works to get good shots…and that's a positive no matter how you look at it.

i do feel like they skewed the percentage a bit too much. 60% feels a bit too high for open shots (maybe 55% would've been a bit better), but 60% works.

on the other hand, the issue of "all perfect release shots going in" is just terrible. I don't know how they ever decided to put that in the game. it just goes against all that the game should be about…it makes success more about release timing than shot quality. A perfect release should not be able to override a heavy contest.
Agreed. It makes sense to bump up those percentages because if an NBA has a wide-open look from close- or mid-range, he should hit that shot more than half of the time. If you can contest those looks, the percentages do go down; I've seen it first-hand in the games I've played.

I use Real FG% so the perfect release isn't an issue for me, but I do think that was a step in the wrong direction.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #592
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Agreed. It makes sense to bump up those percentages because if an NBA has a wide-open look from close- or mid-range, he should hit that shot more than half of the time. If you can contest those looks, the percentages do go down; I've seen it first-hand in the games I've played.

I use Real FG% so the perfect release isn't an issue for me, but I do think that was a step in the wrong direction.
yeah, the pre-patch percentages that Beluba posted were just too similar. 35% feels way too high for a fully contested shot. and 45% feels too low for an open shot. so the new percentages are a step in the right direction (though, like i said - 60% still feels a bit too high to me on open shots).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »