Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2015, 11:48 PM   #577
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
If you take the time to use sliders (as in tweak according to your liking) it's nowhere near unplayable.
It's just frustrating to see a game play near perfectly after MONTHS upon MONTHS of tweaking, and then have a patch - that was advertised as "mainly" fixing a shoe glitch - undo all that work.

Unplayable? Of course not. Frustrating? Absolutely.

People just want to play the game, not spend more time tweaking it than they already have.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:41 AM   #578
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
It's just frustrating to see a game play near perfectly after MONTHS upon MONTHS of tweaking, and then have a patch - that was advertised as "mainly" fixing a shoe glitch - undo all that work.

People just want to play the game, not spend more time tweaking it than they already have.

The thing is any patch with gameplay changes, even if all good, would require major work from sliders. That's one thing that I don't feel is a valid complaint.

I do get gameplay was really close. Clearly they overtweaked it though
Old 03-25-2015, 01:10 AM   #579
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I get what you're saying but to me, it makes little sense for people complain how the game is ruined when the tools are there for them to tweak the issues that they have. For example, I've seen "The CPU doesn't contest enough shots" when there's a shot contest slider for that. It doesn't take up to 10 seconds to change that.

I'll post this again. If you're having issues with FG% or 3pt% being too high:

Decrease (If you you're still having issues just go lower)
Mid Range: (40-43)
3 Point shooting: (40-45)
Offensive Consistency: (0-35. This plus the decreases in shooting should get you realistic results)

Increase
Jump shot defense strength: gather/release (70+/60-65)
Layup defense strength: gather/release (70+/55-65)
Help Defense Strength: (90+)
Defensive Consistency: (100)

This doesn't take up to a minute to change.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:16 AM   #580
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Lol.

Maybe 2k won't patch the game at all next year so no ones sliders get messed up....
Or, ya know, they could patch the issues that need fixing and not mess up the things that don't.

Oh, lol.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:17 AM   #581
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:

Bingo was his name-o.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 01:18 AM   #582
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I believe it does, at least in the games I've played. Shooting percentages are up a few points for both me and the CPU, but I haven't seen anything over 50% for a game yet. Last game I played was in my Charlotte Hornets MyLeague versus the New Orleans Pelicans. Pelicans won by 7, 98-91 and if I recall correctly, they shot 48% for the game and I was at 46%. I didn't see anything that made me think the game was "broken".

You do see more mid-range and close-range shots going in, but 3-pointers remain the same. I actually like that the close-range was bumped up as that's seemed to help more layups from bigs go in with traffic around them, whereas before it was typically a miss if you weren't wide-open down low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Can someone answer this ...

Does playing with real fg% help curtail some of the high shooting %s people are now seeing?
Played 2 games tonight and shooting percentages for all 4 teams were over 50%. I think the biggest thing I'm noticing that is causing the higher FG% isn't so much the tweaked success rate of shots, it's that staying in front of your man on D is a lot tougher.

I played the Golden State at Portland game and lost 110-102. In the first half I held the Blazers to under 40% from the field. In the second half, they scored a ton of points in the paint on drives to the hoop and offensive rebounds. They shot something crazy like 65% for the half, but again, most of those were close range. Lillard blew past me a ton of times and the help D was nowhere to be found. The first half, he wasn't looking to drive as much. Aldridge did work in the post and mid-range.

In my first game, Charlotte at Minnesota, the T-Wolves just had one of those games. Hitting 3's and seemingly every shot when the shot clock wound down. They shot 52% and I was at 55% and still lost by 16.

So yeah, more shots are falling but if you can contest and guard tough, the percentages stay realistic, at least on real FG%. It's when the blow-boy's start happening that the floor opens up and shots fall from all over the place.

This was all on All-Star/Simulation with no slider adjustments.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-25-2015, 01:28 AM   #583
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Played 2 games tonight and shooting percentages for all 4 teams were over 50%. I think the biggest thing I'm noticing that is causing the higher FG% isn't so much the tweaked success rate of shots, it's that staying in front of your man on D is a lot tougher.

I played the Golden State at Portland game and lost 110-102. In the first half I held the Blazers to under 40% from the field. In the second half, they scored a ton of points in the paint on drives to the hoop and offensive rebounds. They shot something crazy like 65% for the half, but again, most of those were close range. Lillard blew past me a ton of times and the help D was nowhere to be found. The first half, he wasn't looking to drive as much. Aldridge did work in the post and mid-range.

In my first game, Charlotte at Minnesota, the T-Wolves just had one of those games. Hitting 3's and seemingly every shot when the shot clock wound down. They shot 52% and I was at 55% and still lost by 16.

So yeah, more shots are falling but if you can contest and guard tough, the percentages stay realistic, at least on real FG%. It's when the blow-boy's start happening that the floor opens up and shots fall from all over the place.

This was all on All-Star/Simulation with no slider adjustments.

Im finding it harder to stay in front of your man as well. Control of players whether on D or on offense aren't nearly as tight as they once were before this last patch. I only play offline, so I can just imagine how much harder it is online to control.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-25-2015, 01:33 AM   #584
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Im finding it harder to stay in front of your man as well. Control of players whether on D or on offense aren't nearly as tight as they once were before this last patch. I only play offline, so I can just imagine how much harder it is online to control.
I am an offline guy, too. For defense, I typically only control the PG or if I miss a shot, whatever player it was that took the shot. No switching when the CPU has the ball.

I'm not going to panic yet, but if the trend continues I'll have to either adjust sliders (which I am trying to avoid) or start playing off-ball defense.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »