Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2015, 12:05 PM   #561
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Why can't Tony Allen shoot 7/8 from 3 point? He is a professional basketball player, he is capable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #562
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Why can't Tony Allen shoot 7/8 from 3 point? He is a professional basketball player, he is capable.
He is capable but he is not consistently capable. He shouldn't do that every game.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #563
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
It should be possible but low chance of happening based off his 32% 3FG and that is with no one really contesting his 3's. He is left open a lot in the perimeter.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #564
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Can someone answer this ...

Does playing with real fg% help curtail some of the high shooting %s people are now seeing?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 03-24-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #565
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
so since Deandre Jordan and Andre Roberson are professional basketball player they should also make 7/8? That's not Tony Allens game he's not a great 3pt shooter. Also when the player has a low consistency and a low mid or 3pt shot they shouldn't be hitting shots a lot. But this has been going on before patch 4 where horrible shooters or players don't play like themselves.

Last edited by apollooff320; 03-24-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #566
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Can someone answer this ...

Does playing with real fg% help curtail some of the high shootin %s people are now seeing?
I believe it does, at least in the games I've played. Shooting percentages are up a few points for both me and the CPU, but I haven't seen anything over 50% for a game yet. Last game I played was in my Charlotte Hornets MyLeague versus the New Orleans Pelicans. Pelicans won by 7, 98-91 and if I recall correctly, they shot 48% for the game and I was at 46%. I didn't see anything that made me think the game was "broken".

You do see more mid-range and close-range shots going in, but 3-pointers remain the same. I actually like that the close-range was bumped up as that's seemed to help more layups from bigs go in with traffic around them, whereas before it was typically a miss if you weren't wide-open down low.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #567
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I believe it does, at least in the games I've played. Shooting percentages are up a few points for both me and the CPU, but I haven't seen anything over 50% for a game yet. Last game I played was in my Charlotte Hornets MyLeague versus the New Orleans Pelicans. Pelicans won by 7, 98-91 and if I recall correctly, they shot 48% for the game and I was at 46%. I didn't see anything that made me think the game was "broken".

You do see more mid-range and close-range shots going in, but 3-pointers remain the same. I actually like that the close-range was bumped up as that's seemed to help more layups from bigs go in with traffic around them, whereas before it was typically a miss if you weren't wide-open down low.

Thank you DJ. I typically play with default user timing but I will switch it to real fg% if I see %'s getting out of hand.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #568
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Offline users: tone down consistency, 3 point shooting and mid range. Turn up Jump shot defense strength (gather should be high).

Been getting realistic shot percentages with these slider changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »