Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - MLB Monday: Graphical & Stadium Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - MLB Monday: Graphical & Stadium Improvements within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2015, 03:47 AM   #41
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - MLB Monday: Graphical & Stadium Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
What I wish they would work on are the dirt clumps that get built up around home on PS4. They do exist in real life, but in the game they look odd as if they weren't part of the ground at any point. They look like someone is walking by and throwing a handful of dirt clumps on top of home plate every inning. It's hard to describe, but I saw some people mentioning this when it was introduced.

I'm with you, it looks like someone just threw some bread crumbs on the dirt and at some point (depends on the sun) they look like gold nuggets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 07:33 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I sure hope they fixed the Liberty Bell at Citizens Bank Park fixed how it's lit,last year's didn't look very good,I also hope they brought back the fireworks when the Phillies hit a homerun have fireworks and the Liberty Bell lights up and moves during the homerun celebration! I'm guessing they probably haven't done any of that.
The Phillies never have fireworks after home runs. I'm glad it was taken out.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
The Phillies never have fireworks after home runs. I'm glad it was taken out.
Yes they had fireworks during the homerun celebration in the Show 13! I know it for a fact,I have every Show all the way back to the PS2 days! What's so wrong with having fireworks in the homerun celebration or letting the player have the option of having it in there homerun celebration if they choose when they play the game? I like the fireworks!
Old 03-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #44
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Yes they had fireworks during the homerun celebration in the Show 13! I know it for a fact,I have every Show all the way back to the PS2 days! What's so wrong with having fireworks in the homerun celebration or letting the player have the option of having it in there homerun celebration if they choose when they play the game? I like the fireworks!
Pretty sure he was saying they don't do this in real life.. not saying it was never in the game. Which if it isn't in real life, why do you want it in the game?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #45
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I find it very interesting when you guys mention that some teams re-water the infield in between innings. Do they have retractable hoses under the field? Do they just give it a very light dusting of water? I'm genuinely curious.

Considering how much the MLB is pushing these new time limits, I would guess that this practice will stop soon. When I was giving the infield it's pregame watering this past summer, it took us a good 10 minutes, at least, to bring out the hose, turn on the water, do the actual watering, and then roll the hose back up and put everything away.

Of course, they couldn't do the entire infield, the chalk lines and batter's box would get messed up if they did the base paths and home plate area. But if they do, how do they prevent everything from looking terrible?

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 03-24-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #46
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - MLB Monday:t Graphical & Stadium Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
"Cause dust don't taste good. And it stings the eyes.
While it does keep the dust down they actually spray the infield to keep it loose so it is easier to slide and also prevent injuries like turning an ankle because the cleat can get locked into the dry hardpan. The top layer is clay and when it is left to dry out it becomes hard like concrete. You might as well be sliding on the sidewalk because that is what it would feel like.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #47
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I find it very interesting when you guys mention that some teams re-water the infield in between innings. Do they have retractable hoses under the field? Do they just give it a very light dusting of water? I'm genuinely curious.

Considering how much the MLB is pushing these new time limits, I would guess that this practice will stop soon. When I was giving the infield it's pregame watering this past summer, it took us a good 10 minutes, at least, to bring out the hose, turn on the water, do the actual watering, and then roll the hose back up and put everything away.

Of course, they couldn't do the entire infield, the chalk lines and batter's box would get messed up if they did the base paths and home plate area. But if they do, how do they prevent everything from looking terrible?
I've never seen any infield get wet down DURING a game between innings. Never. But I've only been to 7 of the 30 MLB stadiums...
Old 03-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #48
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I've never seen any infield get wet down DURING a game between innings. Never. But I've only been to 7 of the 30 MLB stadiums...
It would only get done additionaly if it was needed not because of a set routine. It gets watered before they chalk it out and it usually is good for the rest of the game except for the periodic raking throughout the game.

Last edited by nemesis04; 03-24-2015 at 03:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »