Home

NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2015, 07:47 PM   #33
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't remember shooting being a problem in past 2Ks. There definitely wasn't no complaining about how broken shooting were and it being too easy to make shots.

Just go back to how it was in past 2Ks like 2K11. I believe you can still incorporate the shot meter. Just base the shot percentages and all the other factors to how it used to be.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 03-23-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I don't remember shooting being a problem before. There definitely wasn't no complaining about how broken shooting were and it being too easy to make shots..

Before what? The patch.?

There was definitely complaining about shooting....just the opposite side of the spectrum. This thread is good stuff though, some really good ideas in here..
Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #35
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Before what? The patch.?

There was definitely complaining about shooting....just the opposite side of the spectrum. This thread is good stuff though, some really good ideas in here..

Should have elaborated more. I mean in past 2Ks there wasn't this big of an issue about shooting. Mainly 2K11 and back.

I've also been curious on when you get hot, how much does that boosts your percentages on making shots. I've heard it does for awhile, but I've never really noticed that on 2K15.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 03-23-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #36
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
look what we have here. we have an official post by OS about this issue.

and yall tried to tell me i was crazy or playing the game wrong when i brought this issue up right after the patch lol. smh.
Same here. The shooting % could have been adjusted, that's one thing, but to change the green releases to make them super easy to get ruins the game. I sure hope 2K tweaks this before they are done with this game. Honestly, when something gets fixed (such as regression) there is always another unnecessary problem that 2K brings out.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #37
MVP

Like I said since Day 1, the shot meter, and everything being tied to it, was a terrible idea. 2k14's shot system was just fine, the only thing needing to be tweaked being airballs (especially on A+ releases). You can thank the Youtubers and other high profile players crying about 'omg if I shoot an excellent A+, it should always fall!'
Old 03-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #38
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Like I said since Day 1, the shot meter, and everything being tied to it, was a terrible idea. 2k14's shot system was just fine, the only thing needing to be tweaked being airballs (especially on A+ releases). You can thank the Youtubers and other high profile players crying about 'omg if I shoot an excellent A+, it should always fall!'
But it wasn't until patch 4 where this became a game breaking problem. Up to patch 3, the shooting was fine for user timing. People could adjust sliders to make shots fall in more or less and the green releases weren't so common.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:49 PM   #39
Banned

Forreal forreal, ANY contested shot should be RED. Its too many contested shots being made in the Park/JRC (Mostly 2pt shots)
Old 03-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
But it wasn't until patch 4 where this became a game breaking problem. Up to patch 3, the shooting was fine for user timing. People could adjust sliders to make shots fall in more or less and the green releases weren't so common.
You can't adjust sliders online, or in MyCareer. And the shot system prior to Patch 3 was atrocious, especially for online. Most shots outside of a green release were bricks, especially on the wrong end of a run.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 03-23-2015 at 10:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »