Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #545
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Game is so much smoother. Gone are the stumble stutter step and the annoying ball flying over the basket without being touched happens a lot less now. Passing seems much better too.
Kansas State Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #546
Banned

OVR: 0

Ever since this patch 4 has been released I have lost about 3000 dollars playing. 1500 of those were on buzzer beaters. The game is so fake now. 2 of those games were for $500 each and in one of those games the guy shot 100% from 3. 100% with his whole team. This game is so unrealistic now I am ready to throw up. I am selling my ps4 and xbox now because the game is honestly trash now. What's even more stupid is you cant even double team someone if they are in post mode. I can't believe they didn't fix that glitch but they upped the shooting to make it seem like some arcade game. ******** if you ask me. So anyone who wants to cheat or dribble without being able to be intentional fouled, double teamed, or have the ball be ripped, just press the post button anywhere on the court and dribble like that. I can't believe the shooting is so stupid now. Everything, I mean just about everything goes in if an idiot shoots. Even if you are wide open all shots should not go in. This game is *** now.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #547
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
Ok so i just played 2 rttp games and the experience was pretty much the complete opposite of the last time i played. I'll keep this short and sweet since i'm typing with the controller... Basically gameplay/controls felt very good. So whatever tweaks 2k made since the last time i played i just want to say great job. My complaints about the patch are now erased. For now anyway, they might make more tweaks and (by accident) mess it up.
Good to know that what I have been experiencing wasn't just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if things were tweaked after the initial Patch. Possibly the changing of those %'s Mike Wang posted here.

I'm noticing that some of these "tweaks" seem to happen behind-the-scenes...I think they may be the reason my Controller and Coach settings are sometimes RESET. But I could be wrong...
Old 03-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #548
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesohgames
Ever since this patch 4 has been released I have lost about 3000 dollars playing. 1500 of those were on buzzer beaters. The game is so fake now. 2 of those games were for $500 each and in one of those games the guy shot 100% from 3. 100% with his whole team. This game is so unrealistic now I am ready to throw up. I am selling my ps4 and xbox now because the game is honestly trash now. What's even more stupid is you cant even double team someone if they are in post mode. I can't believe they didn't fix that glitch but they upped the shooting to make it seem like some arcade game. ******** if you ask me. So anyone who wants to cheat or dribble without being able to be intentional fouled, double teamed, or have the ball be ripped, just press the post button anywhere on the court and dribble like that. I can't believe the shooting is so stupid now. Everything, I mean just about everything goes in if an idiot shoots. Even if you are wide open all shots should not go in. This game is *** now.
You put $3,000 on the line. When a patch JUST came out. Really???

Sounds like your the one that screwed yourself..patches change games. Can't win every game.

Sounds like the people that pay $3,000 on VC and then complain when they don't win every game
Old 03-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #549
Rookie

OVR: 4

So I didn't even realize a patch came out for this game recently. I thought I magically got a lot better. I only play offline. I'm playing a season with the Kings on HOF difficulty. I play all 82 games with 12 minute quarters. This is the only mode I play. For the first 70 games I was 37-33, in 9th place in the west, shooting 44% from the field and 32% from 3. This game was awesome. I was having the challenge of a lifetime. Can I bring the Kings to the playoffs? If I make it, can I have a long playoff run? It was fun. The last 12 games I went 11-1. I lost to OKC 137-129. In regulation. Those last 12 games I averaged 131 points per game, shooting about 57% from the field and 50% from 3. I thought after playing 70 games I just got better. I came back to this website to check if something was up because I just started the playoffs. I had to call pause at halftime. I'm up 77-48. Im shooting 10/13 from 3 and 28/39 overall. This is ridiculous. The challenge is gone. The fun is gone. Is there anything that can be done? Can I delete this patch somehow? I don't want to make the move to real player % because I like having a slight amount of control over weather or not I hit shots. But this is just silly. I shouldn't be ripping it up from 3 point range with Tony Allen (traded for him). He's 10/15 in the last 5 games. That's nuts. I'm just sad now. I can't finish this season unless it can go back to the way it was. I hate being the guy who blindly blames the people in charge of this stuff, but cmon man. You ruined this game. It's easier than Double Dribble now. Take the patch back. I'll wait a couple weeks. I can't play this game anymore. I am sad. That is all. Have a nice night.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #550
MVP

OVR: 13

are there wrongness in offline gameplay?
Old 03-23-2015, 11:51 PM   #551
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
are there wrongness in offline gameplay?
What do you mean by wrongness? The game is terrible offline thanks to the buff in green release shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 12:36 AM   #552
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
What do you mean by wrongness? The game is terrible offline thanks to the buff in green release shots.
I disagree...the game is terrible offline because of POOR CPU defense.

If the CPU was playing better defense and contesting shots better, then it wouldn't be as easy to get Green releases. That's why when you play online against someone who plays good defense, it's hard to get Green releases...but play against someone who chases the ball like a puppy dog or plays a crappy zone that leaves knock-down shooters open all game long...and, yeah, it's easy to get Green releases.

Let's not lose track of what the problem here is. Nerfing shooting to cover up bad defensive AI by the CPU doesn't actually "fix" anything. It just covers up a flaw/problem.

Last edited by coached17; 03-24-2015 at 12:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »