Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #521
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
No one else seeing a difference recently?

I played entirely too many games Friday night into Saturday morning and then a few more Saturday afternoon. I'm missing open shots and playing better defense...and guys who try to just chuck up jumpers with a man in their face are lucky to shoot over 40% FG against me.

MyTeam feels the same although shooting %'s are higher because it's custom teams and more stars and specialized role players.
I played two rttp games today after not playing for about a week (i was fed up going about 1-7 because of some bs after patch 4).

Here's what i noticed:

- The game feels like it's on fast forward, i didn't notice that right after the patch so that might be new.

- Combining the two games my opponents attempted about 20 post fadeaways. They didn't miss a single one. I tried hand up, i tried jumping, i tried double team. Nothing. I noticed the same thing right after the patch except that not that many people used it at that time so i take it this is the latest cheese?

- I'm still having a lot more trouble staying in front of my man on defense as opposed to before the patch. It feels like the controls are more sensitive. Normally i would consider that a good thing but combined with the increased game speed it just sends me running all over the place.

- I still get knocked over without a charge call more often than not. Even though i'm in position.

- Shooting: i obviously bricked pretty much everything (jumpers and free throws) since the meter filled up way faster (again, game speed) than i remembered. My opponents both seemed to make everything. The first one simply outplayed (zigzag) me getting open shots and ofcourse about 15 contested layups with magic and oscar. The second guy just made contested layup after contested jumper as usual.

- My guys don't get a lot of rebounds anymore, that was never a problem before the patch.

That's what stood out to me. I'll try again next week, maybe they'll tweak it again. Hopefully at least put the game speed back to normal. If not, no big deal. After all, if i'm not playing i can be 100% sure that i won't be wasting any more money on worthless myteam packs.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 03-21-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 04:01 AM   #522
Rookie

Just simmed through some seasons again in MyLeague. I'm done with this game. It is getting ridiculous.

Year 2018:
- Carmelo Anthony, 34, 92 rating overall, signed with the Washington Wizards - 500k a year
- LeBron James, 33, 99 rating overall, signed with Miami Heat - 5 million a year

Year 2019:
- Andre Drummond, 26, 90 overall, signed with the Pelicans - 500k a year
- Jimmy Butler, 30, 93 overall, signed with the Suns - 500k a year

And so on... I thought they improved this mode with the regression fix and now this.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:31 AM   #523
Rookie

OVR: 1

"Primarily addresses shoe issues"

Completely different game than before - atleast online quick ranked. Jumpers went in at a MUCH higher rate - especially contested mids. Felt almost useless playing defense. My goal has always been to protect the rim, contest 3s and force my opponent into contested long jumpers. Roughly 5 games where the other dude just hit everything. Ended up like 3-2 or something but jesus.

Much harder to stay in front of guys too. It felt like they put it on Arcade mode or something.

I think all of the games we shot way over 50% + at certain points, put up NBA scoring quarters in half the time.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:18 AM   #524
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15
"Primarily addresses shoe issues"

Much harder to stay in front of guys too. It felt like they put it on Arcade mode or something.
Same for me. its because players move faster now, so zig zagging is now a much more effective exploit.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:33 AM   #525
Just started!

Shooting became ridiculous after the patch. even if you are completely open, you make only 1 out of 10 shots, on any difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 07:41 AM   #526
MVP

jk31's Arena

Then you need to hit the releases better. Shooting has gotten much much easier... In most games I play (online) both teams shoot ~60% FG und 40-50% from deep...Way to high in my opinion.

Also defense has gotten much tougher, because it's harder to stay in front of the man.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #527
Pro

AnnihilusLivius's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Then you need to hit the releases better. Shooting has gotten much much easier... In most games I play (online) both teams shoot ~60% FG und 40-50% from deep...Way to high in my opinion.

Also defense has gotten much tougher, because it's harder to stay in front of the man.
Try Hall of Fame mode and i wanna see you get those green releases that easy.

It's just annoying to play this game right now...even though i'm getting my W's playing on HOF/Sim, the CPU is just cheesy all over the place. Fadeaways, 3's, everything falls in for them even with me contesting every shot. Hell...i even tried playing off ball D and it's impossible. I don't know what else we can do but the Patch Notes would deffo help us out.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:59 AM   #528
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Are you including me in the bolded statement, or are you saying generally? My only frustration comes when these guys change the gameplay(via covert updates or actual), often dumbing it down to appease complaints about how hard the game is.

I agree with the sentiment. But sometimes it seems like it doesn't matter one way or the other. Complaints of ******s seem to get more attention than the praise of hardcores.

Was just talking in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »