Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2015, 01:20 AM   #497
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Well...just curious if anyone has hopped online to play any Online Ranked Games?

I can tell you that right now it's as SIM as it's ever been as far as those go.

I've only played about 6 or 7 ranked games online after putting the game away on Tue or Wed. The difference is noticeable. Game feels a tad bit slower, but in a good way. Took me a full game or two to get used to the improved defense, but after that...it was on lockdown.

Shooting has definitely changed...part of the problem with my defense the first two games was I was thinking every jumper was gonna go in. When I realized they weren't (and that mine weren't either) I was able to adjust.

I'm wondering if this was just an adjustment to Online Ranked Games...or also to MyTeam and other modes possibly effecting the CPU and offline modes.

I can tell you that right now...shooting is harder and defense is better. And games are more realistic. This feels like a "happy medium" between Patch 3 and Patch 4.

Anyone else feel a difference?
Old 03-21-2015, 01:22 AM   #498
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Again, I'm still on patch 3. Even with no lag I literally hit zero green shots with the Kings, a team I've been playing with since launch.

Greens weren't happening for many releases and many teams, it needed tweaking.

I also heard the patch updated defense, and took out a ton of animations.

Shooting being a little too easy will take a little work with sliders but operation sports has some slider pros. The game radically improved minus a few small flaws in the patch
Old 03-21-2015, 02:44 AM   #499
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Well...just curious if anyone has hopped online to play any Online Ranked Games?

I can tell you that right now it's as SIM as it's ever been as far as those go.

I've only played about 6 or 7 ranked games online after putting the game away on Tue or Wed. The difference is noticeable. Game feels a tad bit slower, but in a good way. Took me a full game or two to get used to the improved defense, but after that...it was on lockdown.

Shooting has definitely changed...part of the problem with my defense the first two games was I was thinking every jumper was gonna go in. When I realized they weren't (and that mine weren't either) I was able to adjust.

I'm wondering if this was just an adjustment to Online Ranked Games...or also to MyTeam and other modes possibly effecting the CPU and offline modes.

I can tell you that right now...shooting is harder and defense is better. And games are more realistic. This feels like a "happy medium" between Patch 3 and Patch 4.

Anyone else feel a difference?
I can confirm it has effected MyTeam also...shots not going in quite as much as a few days ago and more defense.

The game plays pretty well.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:51 AM   #500
MVP

OVR: 9

The shooting has definitely gone way too easier after the patch and i'm not liking it much, yet other changes to gameplay and overall input timings and vs. are all welcome.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #501
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
God guys it's so stingy. Stop complaining about the patch and download a good roster and fix your sliders and you'll get great realistic results
Im not one to complain, but Im not going to download a new roster and start a new gm mode.
Im 60+ games into my first year and was hoping to complete my first 82 game season ever, no simmed games. (I may have did it once before, a long time ago)
2k has been consistent with being able to tweak sliders, as a matter of fact Ive been playing with the same custom base sliders since 09,(with a few tweaks) I tried adjusting those sliders and I cant get that same feel I had before.

They must have tweaked something else that isnt in any of the sliders.

I still like the game, though.

This is probably my first real complaint about a 2k basketball game since who knows.

plus Im waiting for the patch notes. so Ill know what to tweak gameplay wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #502
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
The shooting has definitely gone way too easier after the patch and i'm not liking it much, yet other changes to gameplay and overall input timings and vs. are all welcome.
Are you speaking of HOF Sim online level?

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-21-2015, 09:49 AM   #503
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Again, what if I deleted the game then reinstalled? Will this reset back before any patches and what about when I am prompted to go back to main screen for updates? Will that automatically do a patch??

And yes, this game WAS too damn good prior to patch#4.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #504
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
We as a community have a responsibility in this too.

I'm laughing at some of these guys talking about how 'great' 2k was after patch 3, and how patch 4 ruined it....and I'm like "wow, judging 99% of your posts in the forum I figured you thought the game was horrible". This is exactly what I was going for when I made that thread about 2k keeping momentum after patch 3.. We play a part with the nature of feedback were giving...
I don't know for sure if i'm included in "some of these guys" but it's very possible so let me explain.

It's not that the game was great after patch 3. It's that it was great compared to what it became after patch 4. Personally i thought the game was bad prior to patch 3 and became average after it. Not quite horrible, maybe horrible compared to 2k13 as far as movement and controls.

Edit: obviously 2k15 might be the best in the series in some aspects, like the plays for example or the customization depth of myleague. But the thing is that i rarely use plays and don't play myleague so obviously i'm not going to base my opinion on that. To me the button responsiveness and controls are extremely important, both are subpar at best. Servers, still regularly problematic. Exploits like baseline dunks and holding nuts that don't get patched even though they should be easy to fix. There's much more and all of it adds up.

But reading coached17's post it looks like there's still some hope. I really hope i can experience the same thing, i can't imagine going until 2k16 (or live 16, you never know) without a basketball game.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 03-21-2015 at 02:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »