Home

For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

This is a discussion on For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #49
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
I love the small details. I love the gameplay. Every year has been step forward. With franchise carry-over, it's a delicious dream.

Are there things I'd like? Such as fielding camera options, better uniforms, grass that looks like grass, hits down the line that should be doubles, not singles, not as many opposite field HRs, more bloopers, better ball flight tracking, better OF wall play... well, yes, but it's still the best baseball game ever.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:39 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
It's pretty obvious to me that 15 is the tipping year. 16 is just going to be an all-around masterpiece imo. Full dev cycle. No as rushed as before and as said above they have built so many new layers into the tapestry that 16 should be a year of microdetail all around. It's going to be glorious to see what they come up with. 15 is already so much better than what we had on PS3....
Wasn't the same thing said on the PS3? They would have to tear apart some things to really take it to the next level.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:15 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
  • We know how to do closed dome stadiums, the resource commitment hasn't been worth it for our dev team yet.
  • The four different umpire crews with different strike zones are still in the game.
  • The rosin bag was never a feature we anounced, the presentation is still there however.
What do you mean the resource commitment hasn't been worth it? Fans of the Show have requested the option of playing with either the roof closed or open for a quite awhile now! I know there are quite a few people out there wanting it to be put in the,and year after year it is still not put in the game the option. Madden has been doing it for years now! Every time the subject is brought up and requested,there is always some new excuses why it can't be done and won't be done. It's getting old. It isn't a minority wanting this option,so you can't say your not doing it because it's not a big request from fans! I just don't get. I'm at the point where I've pretty much given up on you and your dev team to put the option in the game. It is what is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 04:26 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

I'm curious to know if the infield/batters box degradation will be different this year? I always felt it was weird not having the batters boxes disappear over the course of the game and be totally gone by the late innings. Yes the "spike dirt clumps" are cool and while not having the batters boxes disappear doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the show I always thought it would be cool to have them totally degrade over the course of the game.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:35 AM   #53
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

For a post trumpeting the "Details", please consider the fact that drafted rosters last year had 15 pitchers often on the Opening Day MLB roster for franchise. The roster/lineup/rotation/call up AI has been less than stellar for at least two iterations of The Show and hasn't been great at least since I started playing with 09.

I could not possibly care less about licensed apparel and cannot figure out why those obsess about it but different strokes, I suppose. What does bother me is AI that seems less than thought out.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #54
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
I'm curious to know if the infield/batters box degradation will be different this year? I always felt it was weird not having the batters boxes disappear over the course of the game and be totally gone by the late innings. Yes the "spike dirt clumps" are cool and while not having the batters boxes disappear doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the show I always thought it would be cool to have them totally degrade over the course of the game.

You can see it in the last 2 streams.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #55
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgamer72
Wasn't the same thing said on the PS3? They would have to tear apart some things to really take it to the next level.

I don't think the guy you quoted said anything of that nature and I'm unaware of the statement to which you are referring, but generally speaking in engineering it is true. Oftentimes when faced with new technology and/or feature sets, existing systems must be refactored or completely rebuilt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #56
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
What do you mean the resource commitment hasn't been worth it? Fans of the Show have requested the option of playing with either the roof closed or open for a quite awhile now! I know there are quite a few people out there wanting it to be put in the,and year after year it is still not put in the game the option. Madden has been doing it for years now! Every time the subject is brought up and requested,there is always some new excuses why it can't be done and won't be done. It's getting old. It isn't a minority wanting this option,so you can't say your not doing it because it's not a big request from fans! I just don't get. I'm at the point where I've pretty much given up on you and your dev team to put the option in the game. It is what is.

I'm not sure what Madden has to do with features in our game, but I think Ramone's statement is pretty straight forward and easy to understand....

Given the time and resources available to our team, the nature of this feature, and the priority of other features, it does not and has not made sense to implement this feature...yet. Currently, it would be to the detriment of other features that we feel are higher priority and add more value to the title.

In the future, this may change.

Last edited by Woodweaver; 03-21-2015 at 11:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »