Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #489
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Or you could just buy all your games new to actually support the devs. Game is currently under $20 on Steam, and the devs actually make money since they're selling a new copy rather than a used disk from Gamestop/Craigslist
I'm sure the devs make more than enough money from vc sales.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #490
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
That's exactly the point. Offline and online are two different gameplay experiences. You can't act like they are the same and fix both of them when offline didn't need to be fixed with perfect releases. Pre-patch any offline user that complained shots were too difficult had sliders to up their shooting percentage. Now people are struggling to lower them.
NBA 2K15 was the perfect basketball simulation in my opinion (offline) with the third patch. This 4th patch has ruined my experience, as I play offline most often. There has to be some way to apply certain patches STRICTLY to online play and if there isn't currently, I really hope the dev's can figure out a way to do so ASAP. It is frustrating to have a game play perfectly(for offline players at least) one day, and then the next day be forced to download a patch that completely changes this... an offline player, in cases such as this, experiences none of the benefit, just the annoyance. It is not always as simple as adjusting sliders when hard coded aspects of the game are altered... the sliders cannot always adequately compensate for the changes; especially those which impact the AI.

This seems to be the principal issue year after year with patches and requests to alter gameplay; Online players want one thing, Offline another. They are two different experience and addressing an issue in one often creates an issue in the other. Each seem to get what they want for a few months, then it goes the other way. There has to be some alternative.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #491
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
NBA 2K15 was the perfect basketball simulation in my opinion (offline) with the third patch. This 4th patch has ruined my experience, as I play offline most often. There has to be some way to apply certain patches STRICTLY to online play and if there isn't currently, I really hope the dev's can figure out a way to do so ASAP. It is frustrating to have a game play perfectly(for offline players at least) one day, and then the next day be forced to download a patch that completely changes this... an offline player, in cases such as this, experiences none of the benefit, just the annoyance. It is not always as simple as adjusting sliders when hard coded aspects of the game are altered... the sliders cannot always adequately compensate for the changes; especially those which impact the AI.

This seems to be the principal issue year after year with patches and requests to alter gameplay; Online players want one thing, Offline another. They are two different experience and addressing an issue in one often creates an issue in the other. Each seem to get what they want for a few months, then it goes the other way. There has to be some alternative.
I agree. The only good this patch has done for offline players was help MyLeague regression, and that was a huge thing. However, the shooting is so easy you can get perfect releases with a 30 rating mid range player. What's the point of ratings then? I've been messing around with sliders as have many others, and no matter how much adjusting is done, it still doesn't appear to be as realistic and fun as the gameplay changes in patch 3.

I've also been saying that. Offline and online are essentially two different games. You can't patch this game up and expect that both sides aren't going to be negatively impacted.

Last edited by JRxPHANTOM; 03-20-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #492
Pro

zrohman's Arena

I agree with many others though as well.

I'm sure it's too easy...

But before it was just a roll of the dice. No matter how well I learned my players I could only get 1-2 green releases a game. Every other time is a complete roll of the dice and based ZERO on skill. It's based on the skill of getting open but not actually shooting. They need to find a good balance between the skill of shooting AND the skill of getting open.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #493
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:

We as a community have a responsibility in this too.

I'm laughing at some of these guys talking about how 'great' 2k was after patch 3, and how patch 4 ruined it....and I'm like "wow, judging 99% of your posts in the forum I figured you thought the game was horrible". This is exactly what I was going for when I made that thread about 2k keeping momentum after patch 3.. We play a part with the nature of feedback were giving...
Old 03-20-2015, 10:48 PM   #494
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:

agreed the game after the 3rd patch fro offline gamers didnt need to be touched.
the experience is ruined.
the game is too heavily offense oriented now. shooting for both user and Ai way to easy.
game plays faster. and now Im back to adjusting sliders. I havent had to adjust sliders sine the 1st week of release.

Id like to know is there away to remove the patch.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #495
Rookie

OVR: 2

God guys it's so stingy. Stop complaining about the patch and download a good roster and fix your sliders and you'll get great realistic results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 11:44 PM   #496
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
God guys it's so stingy. Stop complaining about the patch and download a good roster and fix your sliders and you'll get great realistic results
its actually not that easy to fix the sliders to get good results. its ridiculously easy to make jumpers on superstar even with lowered shooting sliders, and many of us feel hall of fame is too cheesy and unnatural.

as you can see that would leave one in a bind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »